Tues, Dec 12 warning report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Tues, Dec 12 warning report

Post by MrsG »

Posted earlier how the guns on Launch Pad, all the way across, were wet and super sticky (peanut butter like) - post never showed🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️. Decided to head down Skylark, good, to Snowshed to check it out - same, wet gloppy guns on LTS and Snowshed trails - WTF!
Skid Mark
Green Skidder

Re: Tues, Dec 12 warning report

Post by Skid Mark »

The bubble was stopping a lot and for long durations. WTF.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

grey season continues. overall a good ski day. sun came out and temps were warming by the end of the session. place is over run by the psia'ers. no liftlines but the trails felt like a saturday at times. 9-12:30 shift.

at the bell, yesterday's cement had turned into concrete on a groomed highline. softened for my last run. on new skis, so more of a groomer day. next up - LEF - much better than highline. earned a repeat. cascade & DD open but w new skis not calling. a friend skied DD and said middle was very good. on lower searched for clean lines.

over to supe, they did a surprisingly good job making the HW skiable. the rest of the trail was a mix of groom and marbles on a firm surface. SL similar. gonna call lower bitter rotd, which had snowmaking on it. guessing they were on the wet side but far right the snow was great. actually liked mid o better today than yesterday. the troughs filled in nicely.

up in the NR, UEF was better than rime, which was skied off late morning. the nats - PL, RR & upper dipper LL all skied well. upper bunny skiers right pretty much a powder stash. MT>lower chute skied well as did upper chute>upper GB.

thought the mtn did a great rehabilitating the hill after a serious thaw/freeze. by comparison, friends skied okemo friday. said it was terrible. everything a luge run (fwiw K was great friday). the other man's grass is not always greener.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Jiminy had a nice recovery after 1.6" of non-snow and no new snow.Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Mostly sunny though not much on the N facing trails in the later hours. And I didn't see the "SA" warming; seemed about 20-25 degrees to me for the 1:30 to 4:15 session. Not crowded at all.

Yes - It has frozen up ! Not a surprise. First time with so many trails covered that we have had a NCP/freeze cycle; most of the earlier ones this year just affected North Ridge. Time to start following the guns. With that said, found some decent skiing after poking around a bit.

Early [for me] run down Royal Flush OK. Upper RF decent but already noticing the icy base. Lower RF good but bony. Sorta similar on Ridge Run; more ice than bone but OK. LEF back to being the old LEF we know and love; certainly nothing special but skiable on the edge.

For the most part, best skiing was in Supe pod. Decent amount of wind refresh going on which you can take advantage of later in the day when the "morning bunch" has left. ROTD was Middle O -> Lower Supe hard right. Old Supe -> Middle Supe just about as good and gave option to finish on Lower Skye Lark [OK hard right] or Lower Bitter [with the Mrs. G WTF Low E guns]. Or could take the adventure run on Low Road with some frosty covered something that really needed a bunch of boarders to go down and break it up. Great to be skiing with Santa in the afternoon!

Back to Snowdon to finish the day. Had to do a North Star which was mostly OK if you know the trail. Then found out Cascade was open so closing bell ride up K1 for Escapade -> Cascade finish. Cascade is pretty much toast near the left hand turn but overall a good run.

Bonus HH at Lookout with $1 off Coneheads that were nicely pouring and the $5 off wings.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 19:13 Lower Bitter [with the Mrs. G WTF Low E guns].
I thought the Bear Trax guns were glueiest. Near double eject gluey. Those phazers were wetter than the air hogs.
Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 19:13Or could take the adventure run on Low Road with some frosty covered something that really needed a bunch of boarders to go down and break it up.
Understatement of the month. Captain Crunch would be a good name for it.

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 19:13Bonus HH at Lookout with $1 off Coneheads that were nicely pouring and the $5 off wings.
Seems like they took away the smaller wings portion. A full pound of wings is a lot for one.

This is the Alpenglow skiing time of year.
20231212_154852.jpg
20231212_154852.jpg (218.42 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Where were they making snow on Bear Trax, just down to Launch Pad?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Correct in that there were no guns after the turn onto Launch Pad, I think I saw guns continue further on Bear Trax. Also many guns between upper Escapade and the South Ridge unload.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

There was running water in the middle of Old Superstar and in Middle O. Shocked me since I’d never noticed it at either locations in the past. I wonder if it might be from a pipe leak from way up Launch Pad. I know that the middle doesn’t have snow making.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

rogman wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 06:40 There was running water in the middle of Old Superstar and in Middle O. Shocked me since I’d never noticed it at either locations in the past. I wonder if it might be from a pipe leak from way up Launch Pad. I know that the middle doesn’t have snow making.
I gotta believe that "pipe break" was from the sky above Sunday/Monday !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!