Thursday Dec 14 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Thursday Dec 14 Report

Post by Bubba »

Finally made it out today for a few easy laps on Caper after not skiing all last season or the early part of this one (mild covid after Thanksgiving week family vacation in TCI). Legs still work but need lots of practice to get back in shape. Being on snow again felt good, though it definitely took a few turns to get the brain and legs working together. Was going to head to the bubble after a couple of Caper laps but, as I got there, the bubble went down and the line that had built up waiting for the restart was emptying out onto the Vale run to head back to the Rams lift. I took that as a sign to quit while I was ahead and get out again another day. Anyway, day 1 is finally in the books with more to follow.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: Thursday Dec 14 Report

Post by MrsG »

Hope you were parked at Vale Bubba - easy escape! We had lift issues earlier too - arrived to Snowshed on shuttle first thing to find 600 PSIA and no lifts running😡. Not sure who the new Operations Manager is, but they seem to be lacking in the ability to keeping the mountain running without inconveviencing their customers! Maybe they need to have a productive brainstorming meeting to get things running smoother! Can't blame this on PSIA - planning needs to improve🥺
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

The Snowshed quad is a 36 year old Yan detachable so issues are expected and it's all on them if they didn't have the Snowshed Double ready to run.
Last edited by snoloco on Dec 14th, '23, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Killington really needs to get a handle on these lift issues...I dont recall anywhere else Ive been having the problems that Killington has
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

MrsG wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 16:07 Hope you were parked at Vale Bubba - easy escape! We had lift issues earlier too - arrived to Snowshed on shuttle first thing to find 600 PSIA and no lifts running😡. Not sure who the new Operations Manager is, but they seem to be lacking in the ability to keeping the mountain running without inconveviencing their customers! Maybe they need to have a productive brainstorming meeting to get things running smoother! Can't blame this on PSIA - planning needs to improve🥺
Yep. Almost always park there. Easy on/off unless I want to ski over toward Bear and back, then I have schlep across in front of KBL (unless it's improved now with the new lodge). I'll find out soon enough as the legs improve.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

There are no lift issues at Killington - Just ask MIkey and Tait, everything is running smooth!

Including the photo ops.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Gene Syria who was in charge of lift maintenance retired in August 2023 after 47 years.
He was they key to keeping the lifts running since 1977.
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

snoloco wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 16:12 The Snowshed quad is a 36 year old Yan detachable so issues are expected and it's all on them if they didn't have the Snowshed Double ready to run.
Snowshed is even older if you factor in the extra summer run time for the mountain biking.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Sucked ! Three and done [so a Snow Nymphs Legal Day at any rate].

Oh wait: The Killington report stated Outstanding conditions. Somehow I missed that.

Cold. Icy. Nats toast. Etc.

Loved the yellow frozen cat tracks gracing the Superstar Headwall !

Not really K's fault following the first real "full mountain" reign/freeze cycle that started Monday. But their "report" is lying.

Congrats Bubba - Glad to hear your are back at it !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!