Access Road Speed Limit

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Access Road Speed Limit

Post by daytripper »

wtf021 wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 17:43 Too bad the the town sold the old fire station. That was a prime piece of public property to set up their speed trap.
Someone bought it? I thought it was still for sale.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Captain Hafski wrote:
Skid Mark wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 14:06 Isn't the access road getting an upgrade as part of Phase 1? They're already doing work at the rt 4 junction. Construction will calm the traffic for the next year or two.

The best speeding deterrent is having a cop sitting on the side of the road. What else do they have to do in this sleepy little town?
Well, the Killington Police cruiser was out at days end today, on the access road, between Rams Head and the Lookout. First time I've seen them sitting there.
Is that a 35 now before the lookout?

Yikes. With no traffic?

I get it on weekends but what are you going to hit during the week? Tumbleweeds ?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 19:00
Big Bob wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 18:07
Mister Moose wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 17:10
Dickc wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 16:36 Maybe a series of speed humps. While most humps are designed to slow traffic to 15 to 20 MPH, I bet they can be designed for a 25 to 30 comfort speed.
No, please, no.

The whole reason the limit was reduced to 30mph was to qualify for village status on State programs. Let's not reduce a 5 mile drive to suspension rattling frozeuroy, there's enough of that on the hill. If there's a problem with excessive speed (which I haven't seen on a frequent basis) do some enforcement on holiday periods.
Agree on no to speed bumps. Pople slow down to cross, then speed up after them. An academic town next to mine was putting speed tables in numerous locations and when they rebuild a road with a few they will be omitted. Not as smart as they thought they where!
Between that twit jim haff…. And the departed tool Chet.,.. doubtful one could get 120 combined IQ points.
Chet is still around. He is the public works director for the TIF program.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

wtf021 wrote: Dec 21st, '23, 04:37
Heywood jablowmee wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 19:00
Big Bob wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 18:07
Mister Moose wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 17:10
Dickc wrote: Dec 20th, '23, 16:36 Maybe a series of speed humps. While most humps are designed to slow traffic to 15 to 20 MPH, I bet they can be designed for a 25 to 30 comfort speed.
No, please, no.

The whole reason the limit was reduced to 30mph was to qualify for village status on State programs. Let's not reduce a 5 mile drive to suspension rattling frozeuroy, there's enough of that on the hill. If there's a problem with excessive speed (which I haven't seen on a frequent basis) do some enforcement on holiday periods.
Agree on no to speed bumps. Pople slow down to cross, then speed up after them. An academic town next to mine was putting speed tables in numerous locations and when they rebuild a road with a few they will be omitted. Not as smart as they thought they where!
Between that twit jim haff…. And the departed tool Chet.,.. doubtful one could get 120 combined IQ points.
Chet is still around. He is the public works director for the TIF program.
Nope. Chet got sent packing. Terminated the first day of the new Town Manager.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

BoozeTan wrote: Dec 19th, '23, 15:02
Killington_Lover wrote: Dec 19th, '23, 12:30 We drive the speed limit with our truck camper. Have caused several to pass right before bridgewater and get pulled over in the last 10 years. Speaking of which- haven’t seen the sheriff in that stretch in sometime. What gives?
Im pretty sure the town highers the sheriff to create revenue for the town. Maybe they arent doing it as often or at all. I think I have seen him 2x this season
He was out there in Bridgewater this AM . . Shiny new Windsor Co black Ford Explorer
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

One that I don't ever see anymore is the cop in Plymouth.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

daytripper wrote: Dec 21st, '23, 13:19 One that I don't ever see anymore is the cop in Plymouth.
Only seen him once in Plymouth, but twice so far this season in Tyson at the general store (Echo Lake Inn).
ImageImageImageImage
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

plymouth guy is brutal.west bridgewater too. did k go the town manager program recently or has it been so for awhile? thought they were still
the standard scenario with first selectman in charge.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

twilkas wrote: Dec 21st, '23, 13:54 plymouth guy is brutal.west bridgewater too. did k go the town manager program recently or has it been so for awhile? thought they were still
the standard scenario with first selectman in charge.
Killington has had a Town Manager for many years. Dave Lewis was here for something like 32 years, followed by a few lesser lights since.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe