friday 12/22 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

friday 12/22 report

Post by skiadikt »

our winning streak continues as we hit the trifecta of beautiful days. boatloads of sunshine on what technically is the shortest day of the year. more than a decent crowd on hand. my skier density needle was definitely in the red at times compounded by the "firm" conditions adding to the "fun". 9-12 shift.

once again flat, fast and firm was the rule. the usual highline opener skied really well on a mid-winter packed surface. that first run was as close to an rotd as we're gonna get today. doubled down and this time got caught up in a veritable stampede. noticeable difference between the 2 runs. snowdon mainline (upper bunny/trap/lower chute) good as well. LEF ok.

supe improved again but there are still some significant ice patches. not gonna hold up to the reps it'll get this weekend. lark similar but better. an overnight groom improved both cruise and high road. as yesterday, fwiw snowshed right had the "best" snow on the mtn.

once again nothing of real interest when we hit the NR late morning. everything the same. closing runs on snowdon where we found lots of sand on GN and middle chute. lower bunny good. my krewe is planning to park at bear tomorrow.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
GSKI
Powderhound

Re: friday 12/22 report

Post by GSKI »

I love the written reports but where are the pics we always used to see! TIA.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

GSKI wrote: Dec 22nd, '23, 17:13 I love the written reports but where are the pics we always used to see! TIA.
sorry dude, when i'm skiing who has time for fotos :lol:

actually the phone never comes out of my pocket.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

3pm start, over the top of SS and out South Ridge link to Bear Trax, open from the peak to the crossover. A little lumpy, and some guns still working in the area above round about glade. Crossover connected down through the tunnel to GE. A few spots were a bit dicey, but an overnight buff should sort that out. Late afternoon slickness on Cruise was par for the course. A run from the peak and caught the last Gondi out of needles at 4:00.

Saw guns ready to go on Needles, Upper pipe dream, and GE below Cruise. Doubt they’ll get the temps to get to route 4, but perhaps down Barely to give them a green route to Bear. Upper pipedream gives them a higher elevation opportunity if everything else is temp’ed out. Surprised they didn’t squeeze in upper bitter. Pipe problem along that stretch? Great progress in a few days, but they are still way behind.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

rogman wrote: Dec 22nd, '23, 23:52 A run from the peak and caught the last Gondi out of needles at 4:00.
Take the last gondi at Needles
And I'll meet you at the station
We'll be at K1 by four thirty
16 buck beers for our elation
Don't be slow
Oh, no, no, no
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

🤣🤣🤣
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Yech. And surprised at how many cars still in the lots at 2:00.

ROTD:

Opener Highline off the Bubble, to get to Supe, glacial. Saw three guys going down it over 60 mph; people are going to get hurt over the Holidays though I don't wish that on anyone. Suggest a strong defense while out there.

Up Supe and over the back to the newly opened green route to Lower Cruise. Dicey as RM said in a few spots. Lower Cruise very flat and fast.

Tried one down Showshed for shits and grins. Flat and fast. Same for High Road.

Then there's the Supe headwall ! Your speed didn't change if your skis were pointed down, or across the hill. Middle Supe icy and then, maybe the best conditions I found, was the chunky monkey on Lower Skyelark.

Follow the guns !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 23rd, '23, 09:32
rogman wrote: Dec 22nd, '23, 23:52 A run from the peak and caught the last Gondi out of needles at 4:00.
Take the last gondi at Needles
And I'll meet you at the station
We'll be at K1 by four thirty
16 buck beers for our elation
Don't be slow
Oh, no, no, no
Unexpected Monkees is a thing?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

If the Captain can do the guitar riff I can do the tambourine.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 23rd, '23, 17:16 If the Captain can do the guitar riff I can do the tambourine.
Working on it !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!