Hip Replacement

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skinnyskis
Beginner On Rentals

Hip Replacement

Post by Skinnyskis »

I am having hip replacement surgery on March 28th. If you have had one, what was your ski experience like after your procedure? How long after replacement did you ski? Thank you for your input and cheers to 2024!
woodcore
Beginner On Rentals

Re: Hip Replacement

Post by woodcore »

Had both done last year (staggered by 3 months), waited about 5 months until I ventured back on the slopes but WOW what a difference! First couple runs I felt like jello due to my new mobility but quickly dialed things in and was able to ski once again, like I know how too. New hips are amazing when it comes to skiing. Jump right in and get it done!
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Hip Replacement

Post by Bubba »

My wife had one hip replaced in May 2015. She had not been able to ski the preceding winter due to the pain in the hip. She was back out on the slopes in December, starting on Snowshed (doctor’s orders) but quickly progressed from there. It wasn’t too long before she was doing Superstar top to bottom pain free. Three years later, when asked by a doctor about previous surgeries, she needed to be reminded that she’d had the surgery three years prior. You’ll be fine. Good luck!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe