sunday 1/21 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bumper

Re: sunday 1/21 report

Post by 180 »

Started the day Bubbling, because days like these a bubble is good and everyone agrees. Skiers left on North Star, sweet and a do over. Fresh wind blown. Then Low Rider, deep right onto untracked Great Bear also a do over. Then Great Bear and into and across GN into the woods. Then wind buff Flush. Bubble crowded now as SS down, so hung in in North Ridge waiting for Canyon or South Ridge. Power Line West Glade and associated trees all good including the Sore Thumb. Headed to Bear with Break Away skiers right on the way. OL at least 10 times, so good. Back over the to the basin side to watch the mogul comp. Finished with several Big Dipper. More sweet gun powder, no one there.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Skied Pico on Sunday. Some glare bumps, but also a bunch of fresh to be found in the trees and under the lift lines. Lots of wind buff stuff pretty good day with good visibility.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

rogman wrote: Jan 21st, '24, 20:43
SPORE wrote: Jan 21st, '24, 20:23 I’m curious - does Tait let you be the big spoon sometimes or are you always the little spoon?
Great. Kzone’s had a shortage of homophobic a-holes in Humpty’s absence. Thanks for stepping into the breach. :roll:
Still waiting to understand how this was homophobic.

Maybe Rogman is projecting his own belief's / insecurities here?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Nice to have the sun out ! Almost got trapped on wrong side of the ridge when Supe lift went down 2:30 or so; as we were getting into the maze [1/3 full or so], saw peeps turning around and bailing. We were able to get to Bubble / North Ridge to get back to Bear.

Warmup: Started at Bear and planned to skip Needle's Eye for time being [let any lift lnes die down] so chose Bittersweet to get to Snowdon. Then, a Rogman brain fart and opted for Vertigo. WROTD. Entrance was great but HW trecherous glaze. My wife came in below the HW and the rest of that section, down to Snowshed X-over also mostly a hockey rink. I suspect the next two pitches were better but we were heading across so don't know for sure.

Pipe Dream very good for the most part. Nice to have SR quad running.

ROTD: Ridge Run. Best it's been in a while with the classic hard left bump line really nice.

Conclusion - Decent enough with great cover and mix of soft snow and ice [mostly avoidable].

Jug TTB great - Always do Lower Jug 1x/year to get my ticket punched and it was very good.

Short day to support playing at a friends 80th birthday party in the afternoon.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!