Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

CRR321
Beginner On Rentals

Re: saturday 1/20 report

Post by CRR321 »

Eddytheyetti wrote: Jan 21st, '24, 11:56
rogman wrote:
Eddytheyetti wrote: Jan 21st, '24, 04:08 Heard a rumor there was a killington resort instructor leading the group of kids. Can anybody verify?
Seems extremely unlikely, particularly in this weather. Professionals leading groups have a tough job and take their responsibilities very seriously. This sort of rumor mongering unfairly maligns a group that don’t deserve it.
Heard it from parents with kids in the voyager program. But still so unbelievable I came here for confirmation.
Per this comment in a Backcountry Facebook group, it seems as though you are correct.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?id=86 ... 0058564360

“As a parent of a 5 yr old and friends with some of those involved the speculation of what happened is gross. Everyone wants to point fingers at “out of towners”, “neglectful parents”. I’ll say this. Thank god the ski instructor and 3 5yr olds are all okay. Now time for the parents to process how this could happen.”
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Post by Eddytheyetti »

https://www.tiktok.com/@chainslapper69/ ... 8320088363

Thank god the boys got lost and saved the kids!
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

CRR321 wrote: Jan 22nd, '24, 14:31
“ Now time for the parents to process how this could happen.”
I'd say it's time for Killington Resort to process how its elite Woodward childrens program allowed an instructor to take kids OOB
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

There's a lot of questions that need answered...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Jan 22nd, '24, 15:31 There's a lot of questions that need answered...
rode the box w 3 off-duty instructors. they were flabbergasted by the whole thing. word was the employee was of course fired and thrown out of employee housing. it's one thing to do it but you better not need to be rescued.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
spanky
Site Admin

saturday 1/20 report

Post by spanky »

Not the first time an instructor took their “class” out of bounds. A ministars instructor took my kid and capboy’s kid to cooper’s years ago. They were -6 years old.

Edit: And since the is the Saturday, 1/20 report thread… Plattekill was quite nice on Saturday. Wind was there but not that brutal and didn’t impact lift operations. They’ve made (and are still making) quite a bit of snow and even had a few natural trails open. On several runs, capboy and I arrived at the top of the trail (Freefall and Blockbuster) only to have it be completely empty all the way to the bottom.

The base lodge had three wood burning stoves and an open fireplace… all in operation and really nice to warm up to.

Driving home, the exiting traffic from the Bellayre access road looked to have more cars on it than all the cars parked at Plattekill.

Shhh… the place is a gem!
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

spanky wrote: Jan 22nd, '24, 17:50 Not the first time an instructor took their “class” out of bounds. A ministars instructor took my kid and capboy’s kid to cooper’s years ago. They were -6 years old.

Edit: And since the is the Saturday, 1/20 report thread… Plattekill was quite nice on Saturday. Wind was there but not that brutal and didn’t impact lift operations. They’ve made (and are still making) quite a bit of snow and even had a few natural trails open. On several runs, capboy and I arrived at the top of the trail (Freefall and Blockbuster) only to have it be completely empty all the way to the bottom.

The base lodge had three wood burning stoves and an open fireplace… all in operation and really nice to warm up to.

Driving home, the exiting traffic from the Bellayre access road looked to have more cars on it than all the cars parked at Plattekill.

yo spank, in deed plattekill is a gem. in my hunter daze in the 80's, we'd often prefer it to hunter. they do get the most nat snow in the catskills and it doesn't get skied off like the other catskill resorts.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

rogman wrote: Jan 21st, '24, 07:44
Eddytheyetti wrote: Jan 21st, '24, 04:08 Heard a rumor there was a killington resort instructor leading the group of kids. Can anybody verify?
Seems extremely unlikely, particularly in this weather. Professionals leading groups have a tough job and take their responsibilities very seriously. This sort of rumor mongering unfairly maligns a group that don’t deserve it.
Care to add anything Little Spoon. Seems like you were entirely wrong and the Yeti was entirely correct.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

spanky wrote:Not the first time an instructor took their “class” out of bounds. A ministars instructor took my kid and capboy’s kid to cooper’s years ago. They were -6 years old.

Coopers is a right of passage for the club kids.

Wheelervile is not.......

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

I'd like to assume some hefty donations to KSAR forthcoming...
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

hillbangin wrote:Coopers is a right of passage for the club kids.

KSC, maybe. Killington Ski School ministars? I think not.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

spanky wrote:
hillbangin wrote:Coopers is a right of passage for the club kids.

KSC, maybe. Killington Ski School ministars? I think not.
Ministars are not club kids. That's the day lesson babysitting crowd correct?

spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »