Needles Eye Quad status?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Re: Needles Eye Quad status?

Post by Eddytheyetti »

I heard if they don't have the parts by presidents day it is not happening this year.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

That blows... That pod sucks without that lift.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Mikey's silence on this topic speaks volume of his character and leadership style.

Keep sending those marketing emails - would be very interesting to know what they knew about the lift in the offseason.
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

We stopped at the top of the lift this AM and chatted with a mechanic there. He said they found the drive part somewhere in Wisconsin (ski resort? junkyard?) and they'd be able to load test it this week or next. And open it the week after. We'll see. Panic/Needles skied really nice today.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

It also speaks volumes to the aftermarket support (ie parts inventory or lack thereof) of Poma vs Dopp. That lift is not old enough to have to be scouring boneyards for parts. Poma is not in the same tier at Dopp anymore, and considering they have an office down the road it's even more disparaging.
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

newpylong1 wrote: Jan 30th, '24, 13:50 It also speaks volumes to the aftermarket support (ie parts inventory or lack thereof) of Poma vs Dopp. That lift is not old enough to have to be scouring boneyards for parts. Poma is not in the same tier at Dopp anymore, and considering they have an office down the road it's even more disparaging.
Wonder id they'd ever switch. Lots of new projects going to have to happen over the next few years. Still think some of these should just be rehabs but if LPOA isn't capable what do you do?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

newpylong1 wrote: Jan 30th, '24, 13:50 It also speaks volumes to the aftermarket support (ie parts inventory or lack thereof) of Poma vs Dopp. That lift is not old enough to have to be scouring boneyards for parts. Poma is not in the same tier at Dopp anymore, and considering they have an office down the road it's even more disparaging.
Killington looks bad, LP looks ridiculous. Critical spares should not be an afterthought.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

SPORE wrote: Jan 30th, '24, 12:37 Mikey's silence on this topic speaks volume of his character and leadership style.

Keep sending those marketing emails - would be very interesting to know what they knew about the lift in the offseason.
there were apparently six lifts down over the summer. other than the canyon (which crapped out end of last season), most had been damaged in the summer storms (lightning strikes etc). regarding needles they were getting a replacement part from the aspen ski resort early in the season. don't what happened with that but guessing it either didn't work and/or there were other problems. apparently now according to LINY, they're getting a drive part from wisconsin.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

and as reported by LINY, from the mtn's afternoon report ...

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work with Leitner Poma on resolving a drive issue with Needles Eye Express Quad. As of now, we are hoping to reopen the lift in mid-February. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted on a more specific opening date.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

This is great news! that chair and pod is a nice way to hide from lines during busy times.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Bunch of lift mechanics working on the top station today !

As I think I saw somewhere earlier in this thread, it will need to be fully load tested [with the barrels of water, etc. in the middle of winter] due to the nature of what is being repaired.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Captain Hafski wrote: Jan 31st, '24, 19:41 Bunch of lift mechanics working on the top station today !

As I think I saw somewhere earlier in this thread, it will need to be fully load tested [with the barrels of water, etc. in the middle of winter] due to the nature of what is being repaired.
yup when we went by, there were 5 snowmobiles parked there, so progress is being made. did you see T?
Grmmtnhkr34
Green Skidder

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

skiadikt wrote: Jan 31st, '24, 20:22
Captain Hafski wrote: Jan 31st, '24, 19:41 Bunch of lift mechanics working on the top station today !

yup when we went by, there were 5 snowmobiles parked there, so progress is being made. did you see T?
FYI, the drive is at the bottom.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

skiadikt wrote: Jan 30th, '24, 16:48 and as reported by LINY, from the mtn's afternoon report ...

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work with Leitner Poma on resolving a drive issue with Needles Eye Express Quad. As of now, we are hoping to reopen the lift in mid-February. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted on a more specific opening date.
I wonder if Killington will get Needles back up and running before Magic gets their black chair up and running. No luck at that place. :(
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Red spinning nicely. Everyone come ski Magic. They need your money.Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk