Monday, Feb 5th, 2034 ….

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Monday, Feb 5th, 2034 ….

Post by MrsG »

Nice ….. think this is where you might stop giving reports to not encourage Ikon passholders - let them go to other mountains🫣
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Re: Monday, Feb 5th, 2034 ….

Post by Killington_Lover »

Not quite sure I’m getting it. Maybe the only weekend forecasted with sun, and the Subaru winter fest event, and anyone is surprised Saturday was busy? Sunday all the lifts we went to were more or less ride on. Monday? Good for you folks that are retired or have some way to not work down in the flatlands.
Ski It If You Can!..
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

a blockbuster day. one of the best of the season. the bluest sky imaginable. the only "cloud" was the snowmaking hanging over skye peak. 9-3 shift.

the day started innocently enough w the usual highline opener. perhaps it's best groom of the season. the main line was good. the upper chute/GB combo hold the mayo, skied beautifully. repeated. LEF firm & fast but good.

after getting the appetizers out of the way, settled in for the main course on skye peak. ovation (hw & lower), supe ttb and lower lark under the guns. will call lark rotd but at any time could have been any of them. nearly got our heads blown off by 6 hkds cranking at the top of the supe hw. skied great. nice bumps middle and huge on preston's. ovation headwall great, mid chalky whales and lower a gun pow fest. there was one ice sheet on lower and the avalanche debris was bottom left. spent most of the session lapping them.

nothing remarkable in bear. claw the best there. breakaway needed more baking. lower vertigo surprisingly good. skied in just enough and not skied off.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 5th, '24, 14:39 Not quite sure I’m getting it. Maybe the only weekend forecasted with sun, and the Subaru winter fest event, and anyone is surprised Saturday was busy? Sunday all the lifts we went to were more or less ride on. Monday? Good for you folks that are retired or have some way to not work down in the flatlands.
yeah this weekend was the "perfect storm" in terms of weather and the subaru thing. don't begrudge the mtn getting 15k (rumored) on saturday. they needed it after so many disastrous holidays & weekends. we've seen cutbacks in many departments because of shortfalls. happy to see them make some of it back.

normally avoid saturdays. any full-time regular knows you don't ski saturdays and if you do, split by 9:30. even 10 could be pushing it. only reason i came out was because i thought i'd be skiing lower o under the guns. didn't happen but supe was worth the price of admission. sunday some lifts were crowded but were avoidable.

and yeah the ikon thing sucks for the k weekend warrior pass skiers. they get a much more crowded mtn. and what's the cut from an ikon guest. guess any fanny is worth it for the mtn.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

MrsG wrote: Feb 5th, '24, 14:27 Nice ….. think this is where you might stop giving reports to not encourage Ikon passholders - let them go to other mountains🫣
Gotta agree with you, especially forecasting out 10 years !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Another decent day with plenty of sun though it wanes for the afternoon skier. Overall, I thought the mountain stiffened up a bit, excluding the new snowmaking trails, with the cold Sunday night weather. Certain things were better Sunday afternoon.

Again except for the new snowmaking trails, a great day for high speed cruising. I can't even think about doing that on a weekend. Bunny -> Chute warmup great. Over to North Ridge for WROTD Ridge Run. Solid icy trough bumps. Was warned before hitting it, but didn't listen. LEF still very good.

South Ridge not as good as the two days before. Upper Jug had not been groomed and though OK, not at it's best. Lower Pipe Dream pretty good far right with some decent bumps as long as you didn't waiver to far out towards the center.

Skyeburst TTB excellent. Panic Button excellent as well and Needle's Eye OK. Took Carpenters Run [wow !] down to bottom and finally got to hit Valley Plunge; better than expected. Watch out for new ditch at the bottom.

Hit the Supe stuff a coupla times with Lower Skyelark being my favorite. Skipped on Ovation for today. As SA posted, Supe HW excellent once you got past the low lying arsenal at the top. Middle Supe great as well.

Back at Snowdon, post-KMS Highline still very good. Full House getting to it first time was also good and then on our second pass, through the "park", we discovered that the park no longer exists and ended up skiing down Mouse Run on the chopped up remnants of the park.

Low Rider very icy at first, but got better further down. Tough to find the lines I usually take as there were random tracks everywhere from the weekend warriors [thats my story, sticking to it]. Glad I did it in the end.

Off to Sunday river for next two days. Have fun out there !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!