The Trials Of Donald Trump

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: The Trials Of Donald Trump

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 19:41 Regardless of the impropriety of her relationship with a subordinate, I don't see how this has any bearing on the Trump prosecution. How is she conflicted by sleeping with one of her own subordinates? Why should this disqualify her from prosecuting Trump? What am I missing here? It strikes me as just taking dirt from their personal lives and making it public for no other reason than besmirching the prosecution. I'm a little surprised the judge allowed questioning on it.
IANAL, but I assumed the impropriety is an issue with the case and that's why there was this inquiry? More importantly, how could she be so selfish to have a relationship with someone who works for her :roll:

Maybe Wade was the only person she could find willing to do the job? Apparently, Willis first asked former GA Governor Roy Barnes, but he declined stating the risk from Trump supporters ...
https://x.com/Acyn/status/1758524382673096745?s=20
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Well typically, conflicts of interest would be something that gives the prosecutor a reason to be biased against the defendant or have a vested interest in the outcome of the trial. I'm not sure how this relationship does that. It seems like just unrelated social drama. I'm a little disturbed at how easily the judge was persuaded to allow questioning on deeply personal matters like where the prosecutor went on vacation and who she was having sex with.

Edit: saw some ABC reporting on it - the defense's angle is they claim Willis financially benefitted from hiring the special prosecutor - i.e. the stuff about her taking vacations with him, and him paying for it. This seems pretty thin and weak to me but I could be wrong.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

Yes I for one am concerned that tax payer money went to pay Wade via Willis to the tune of 650k while he took her on vacations and she supposedly paid him back with the cash she kept. If the RICO case is so strong, another attorney (who has ever prosecuted a felony mind you) should be able to take over. Terrible optics but not surprising liberals don’t have any ethical standards. (I’ll wait for your whataboutisim on this). Did you watch his and her testimony? Disgusting. Also the state is trying to stop the defense’s witness (Wade’s divorce attorney) from answering anything related to Wades divorce. I’m sure there is nothing to hide and all is above board :roll:
Ski It If You Can!..
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 13:59 Yes I for one am concerned that tax payer money went to pay Wade via Willis to the tune of 650k while he took her on vacations and she supposedly paid him back with the cash she kept. If the RICO case is so strong, another attorney (who has ever prosecuted a felony mind you) should be able to take over. Terrible optics but not surprising liberals don’t have any ethical standards. (I’ll wait for your whataboutisim on this). Did you watch his and her testimony? Disgusting. Also the state is trying to stop the defense’s witness (Wade’s divorce attorney) from answering anything related to Wades divorce. I’m sure there is nothing to hide and all is above board :roll:
Are you suggesting that the $650k was inflated over what another attorney would have received (who didn't have a personal relationship with Willis), and that Willis received vacations in return for overpaying for services? But otherwise, wouldn't that money just have gone to some other attorney? I guess I could accept the argument that hiring your 'lover' is an ethics violation and Willis shouldn't be practicing law anymore and her license to practice should be revoked, but what I don't see is how any of her actions have affected the Trump case.
ImageImageImageImage
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

Not suggesting the rate was over the top, just stating the supposed amount he has billed related to this case. Hiring a lover (with the timeline being disputed by all parties based on the testimony so far) and that lover paying for vacations and supposedly being reimbursed in cash sure smells funny. Do you reimburse your lovers in cash? Why are you even reimbursing someone that makes 250k+ a year for 2 trivial cruises? I’m curious what the IRS has to say about it. Supposedly wade traveled partially on a business credit card- is a cruise with your boss and lover a business trip? Can’t the libs find 2 people without a scandal to pursue the case? I have a small business and cannot imagine accidentally swiping my company Amex to take my wife up to K or spend on the access road.
Ski It If You Can!..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 14:52I’m curious what the IRS has to say about it.
Depends on the amount and if it was actually a gift ... the annual exclusion amount is ~$18k this year.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 14:52 Not suggesting the rate was over the top, just stating the supposed amount he has billed related to this case. Hiring a lover (with the timeline being disputed by all parties based on the testimony so far) and that lover paying for vacations and supposedly being reimbursed in cash sure smells funny. Do you reimburse your lovers in cash? Why are you even reimbursing someone that makes 250k+ a year for 2 trivial cruises? I’m curious what the IRS has to say about it. Supposedly wade traveled partially on a business credit card- is a cruise with your boss and lover a business trip? Can’t the libs find 2 people without a scandal to pursue the case? I have a small business and cannot imagine accidentally swiping my company Amex to take my wife up to K or spend on the access road.
If I had a secret lover and wanted to keep it that way, I certainly wouldn't be reimbursing them with a check or credit card... Is she making up facts by saying she paid him back when she really didn't to avoid the financial benefit argument; that's possible. Does a social scandal affect the academics or outcome of the case? That's less plausible. Do tax payments/returns by either party have any bearing on the case? Again, I don't see a connection. Does her potential dishonesty qualify as reason for dismissal from the bar? Maybe it does. Wouldn't the outcome of such a removal only delay the case against Trump? The evidence doesn't change, so how does delay benefit the court of law? Wouldn't new prosecutors eat up even more tax payer money getting up to speed? I just don't see how changing prosecutors makes sense. Who cares who sits for the prosecution provided the case is determined by the judge and jury?
ImageImageImageImage
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

I agree that her testimony yesterday sucked but no way in hell should this affect the prosecution of the orange shitpile. The most important thing is that he should never ever be allowed anywhere near public office again. I hope he ends up in a Ga state prison in general pop where he will be beaten and gang raped every day until he dies.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

While I'm here I want to take this opportunity to gloat:
$355 million and a ban on doing business for 3 years! Eric and Jr banned for 2 years! Not enough in my opinion but pretty good.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 14:52 Not suggesting the rate was over the top, just stating the supposed amount he has billed related to this case. Hiring a lover (with the timeline being disputed by all parties based on the testimony so far) and that lover paying for vacations and supposedly being reimbursed in cash sure smells funny. Do you reimburse your lovers in cash? Why are you even reimbursing someone that makes 250k+ a year for 2 trivial cruises? I’m curious what the IRS has to say about it. Supposedly wade traveled partially on a business credit card- is a cruise with your boss and lover a business trip? Can’t the libs find 2 people without a scandal to pursue the case? I have a small business and cannot imagine accidentally swiping my company Amex to take my wife up to K or spend on the access road.
Yeah I think you might be buying a little too much into the right-wing party line. I get the optics look bad. But isn't this her private life? Is there anything about the professional conduct of the attorney she hired that we can point to as improper? So they were sleeping together and he paid for vacations with her. So what? How does that bear on the official conduct here?

You don't want to hear the whataboutism, but I think it's important to consider that everybody on both sides are doing things like this, and this is a pretty tame example compared to some others. You'll recall that I said this same thing about Thomas - his alleged conflicts of interest, for the most part, weren't conflicts in my mind. Poor optics but not technically improper. How is this different?

I'll agree that Willis is not a very sympathetic character and I really wish there were someone different prosecuting this case. She's always seemed a little too political for my tastes, and her personal indiscretions are certainly interfering with the prosecution of this case. But try to remember the "libs" aren't picking people to prosecute this case. This particular lib was a DA and decided to prosecute an alleged crime that occurred in her jurisdiction. It's not a conspiracy.
Last edited by easyrider16 on Feb 16th, '24, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Gonna laugh my ass off if he has to sell Trump Tower or Mar a Lago to pay that debt.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

deadheadskier wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 15:52 Gonna laugh my ass off if he has to sell Trump Tower or Mar a Lago to pay that debt.
Case will spend years, if not a decade, going thru the appeals process.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 12:20

Maybe Wade was the only person she could find willing to do the job?
Which job? The prosecution or having a sexual relationship with her? :lol: :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 16:47
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 12:20

Maybe Wade was the only person she could find willing to do the job?
Which job? The prosecution or having a sexual relationship with her? :lol: :lol:
Both? :Toast