sunday 2/18 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

sunday 2/18 report

Post by skiadikt »

a mighty windy blustery affair with a foggy start on K side. bear was clear & sunny. an inch and change of new snow. some lift delays due to wind at the open. everything running now. 1st hour the place empty. when i left shortly after 10, could feel the crowd building. did the old school 10 by 10.

started at bear, and claw skier's left beautiful untracked at the bell. surprisingly lower burst dust on a rather firm surface. upper WF, apparently groomed yesterday skied well with some windblown powder pockets as did lower. shorty, stash>maker and grizzly all good but firm was a recurring theme. similar on cruise & needles.

ovation not groomed and rather firm & slick. wrotd. based on that, bailed on lower. old supe skiers left plenty of pow. supe was a no viz zone but skied really well under the guns. rotd. it is getting huge. low road almost alway funs. some pow in between the reforming bumps. both bitter & lark good but like most of the groomers firm. surprising given the 16" in the last 72 hrs would have expected primo packed pow. guessing wind was a factor. headed to SR to use that to get to the front. appeared not to be running so returned to bear where my day ended earlier than planned. it is running now.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
spanky
Site Admin

Re: sunday 2/18 report

Post by spanky »

Another good day at the Platty. Sold out and cars parked a half mile down the access road. Yet no line on the double and maybe a 5-10 minute wait for the triple. The best part was not feeling like you’re going to get mowed down by a yahoo. The trails definitely handle the uphill capacity well (even when not 100% open).
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Not much different than past few days though I was surprised at how late lots of people stayed out.

Ridge Run opener nothing special, but looked like it had recently been groomed.NOTE: By groomed, I can only speak to some of the icy moguls weren't there anymore. With the ice base we have, the groomers really don't do much to fix it.

LEF decent [again]. Stash -> Dream Maker Park still one of the best options.

Cruise Control OK. Needle's Eye pretty good but still sucks under the gondi line [and gets icier as you go down].

Upper Bittersweet slick. Low Road pretty good with some recent snowmaking blowover in play.

Escapade flat. Cascade not as good as past few days.

Late day Upper Chute OK. Upper Great Bear very good and Lower GB OK. Benefitting from the late day Nor-Inchandahalf'er !

Surprise ROTD: Closing Bell Royal Flush. No recent traffic on it and with the late day snow, most of the troughs had a few inches of good snow in them.

Cold day with not the best viz. Windy at the end. Another one in the books [80].
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Out at 11 with Skiergirl. K1 to some north ridge laps. West glade groomed as was most everything.

Thanks for all your concerns and recommendations. Swelling down big time, but each turn hurt my shin.
Did try patsies, but that was the woods extent of the day.
Will get some X-rays Monday for sure.
Doug from the crack o noon sent me this pick. Glad ski patrol put a bamboo stick near the nozzle.
72996317655__5865860F-BD2A-4D5C-BF43-3D4FDCEF0DDF.jpeg
72996317655__5865860F-BD2A-4D5C-BF43-3D4FDCEF0DDF.jpeg (1017.47 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Few more bubble laps with Mrs. Hatter too. Highline and great bear flat and ok. Rest up for next weekend.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Big day on Supe. Skyhawk nice bumps. Trees were in play, many runs on Low RIder bailing left or right before the bottom. Many un named trees nice and deep. Somewhere also very nice up high,