lift & trail reports

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: lift & trail reports

Post by Captain Hafski »

FWIW: Not sure if they are still doing this, but I remember years ago that Killington actually stated that their trail status [open/closed] in the morning was whatever it was at closing bell the day before. There were times when they had to close a bunch of trails [e.g., due to refreeze] before the mountain even opened yet their published open/closed status reflected what it was closing bell the day before. Maybe I can understand this many years ago but not in today's tech world.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Captain Hafski wrote: Feb 20th, '24, 08:55
jimmywilson69 wrote: Feb 19th, '24, 15:49 so they have a mountain opps and a separate ski patrol list of slopes that are being maintained? Who is putting these things into the website and the app? is that person having to look at 2 lists?

I'd think the app and website were linked but who knows...
From what I've seen, I think the App and the Website are "working" from the same data. There have been several times this year when I've been really pissed when I make a decision based on the lift/trail status info on the App and I get hosed. I've then checked the Website to see if it's any different and it seems to have the same bogus data that the App has.

Really can't believe that a World Class Wananbe resort such as K can't keep this info accurate, and available to the customers [as well as their employees] , in real time.
Fixed it for you, Captain
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

:Toast

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Feb 19th, '24, 15:49 so they have a mountain opps and a separate ski patrol list of slopes that are being maintained? Who is putting these things into the website and the app? is that person having to look at 2 lists?

From what I've seen, I think the App and the Website are "working" from the same data. There have been several times this year when I've been really pissed when I make a decision based on the lift/trail status info on the App and I get hosed. I've then checked the Website to see if it's any different and it seems to have the same bogus data that the App has.

Really can't believe that a World Class resort such as K can't keep this info accurate, and available to the customers [as well as their employees] , in real time.
I've totally given up on checking lift/trail status on the app or the web site. I just expect it to be wrong. The only thing I look for now is that yellow banner on the web site that tells you when lifts are on hold. Otherwise the info is basically junk.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Everything re: lift/trail status was accurate at Stratton yesterday.

Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 21st, '24, 06:59

Really can't believe that a World Class resort such as K can't keep this info accurate, and available to the customers [as well as their employees] , in real time.
I've totally given up on checking lift/trail status on the app or the web site. I just expect it to be wrong. The only thing I look for now is that yellow banner on the web site that tells you when lifts are on hold. Otherwise the info is basically junk.
Wish the yellow banner went up 30 min before a projected lift opening. Sux finding out in the parking lot...
ImageImageImageImage
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

^^^One of my biggest complaints! K knows well before opening when a lift is delayed and it's just irresponsible not to post earlier! Deciding where to start/park is dependent on open lifts - K communication is slipping! Tried to find out if Club House open for lunch today and received four different responses through asking an Ambassador - don't know; asked a blue coat employee, no closed; looked up on web, yes open, asked on web, never got an answer; sent K text, tubing closed for grooming, food only available Fri-Sun. Drove over and had a pre-prepped turkey sandwich and couple beers! Serious department communication problems!
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

MrsG wrote:Drove over and had a pre-prepped turkey sandwich
Sounds like you would’ve been better off assuming they were closed.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

spanky wrote: Feb 22nd, '24, 20:54
MrsG wrote:Drove over and had a pre-prepped turkey sandwich
Sounds like you would’ve been better off assuming they were closed.
Actually, it’s pre-prepped at Prestons - not bad - cannot get a beer and a bite anywhere else at Killing midweek this holiday unless you go through cafeteria line - no thanks!
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

Killington is currently operating like a public transit agency. Shitty service with bad info and little/no transparency.