Trucking boycott for NYC

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Trucking boycott for NYC

Post by ANGUS »

NYC is a dificult place to get into. I hope they get traction with this. F the state of of NY. MAGA!
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Trucking boycott for NYC

Post by deadheadskier »

Lawbreakers must face consequences

Did you move out of your town when the local PD took your guns? Probably should have thought twice before acting in a manner that made them feel disarming you was necessary.

Same thing with Trump and his business fraud. Should have behaved better.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

So one judge renders a decision after a trial at which Trump had access to counsel of his choice and all the other rights afforded under the Constitution, and now has the right to appeal to a very friendly Supreme Court, and that warrants truckers stopping deliveries to the entire city of New York? It's not like the people who live there can vote this judge out of office or do anything about the judgement.

What about the fact, indisputable, that Trump lied on these disclosure forms? No concern for that? He's allowed to get away with that kind of fraud, what, because you like his politics? What do you think would happen to you if you got caught lying on similar forms relating to your business?

Trump's a billionaire, allegedly. This fine is something he can afford to pay, and certainly something he can afford to fight. Why does he need a bunch of working-class truckers to jeopardize their livelihoods for a protest that would almost certainly accomplish nothing? MAGA is a weird, messed up cult.
makemoreturns
Beginner On Rentals

Post by makemoreturns »

Gee, I wonder if they will be able to find any truckers willing to go there? If not, NYC will be completely out of supplies soon!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Just means more trucking jobs for immigrants...
ImageImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I don't think we should lose sight that no trucker is actually doing this.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

From the title of this thread I figured there were new rules/regulations/taxes that were trucker unfriendly. SURPRISE. Well, it is KZONE.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

And our Ever present , resident bloviating Rhodes Scholar….. making MORE ASSumptions than ten humans could make in a lifetime. Seriously…. Dudes a legend within his very own mind…,
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Feb 24th, '24, 10:03 And our Ever present , resident bloviating Rhodes Scholar….. making MORE ASSumptions than ten humans could make in a lifetime. Seriously…. Dudes a legend within his very own mind…,
Sounds like trump!
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Well I did assume Trump was a billionaire who could afford to pay the fine and/or his lawyers. I could be wrong about that. The rest, though.. it's public record.