Outer Limits is Neglected

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Outer Limits is Neglected

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

OL used to be Killington’s signature run. It’s now an afterthought with limited snowmaking, a short season, a lift that hardly runs, and ghetto infrastructure.

MKGA
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Re: Outer Limits is Neglected

Post by newpylong1 »

I disagree. Last year they made snow on it 3 times once in March. They hit it at least twice this year so far. You can't open it prior to easier ways into the base area. The Bear Quad has been a weekend only job since the Skye Peak Express went in.

On the other hand one could make an argument that that whole side of the mountain is neglected (not just OL) due to lack of snowmaking capacity.
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

newpylong1 wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 21:39The Bear Quad has been a weekend only job since the Skye Peak Express went in.
EXACTLY! Neglected. SPE does not replace Bear Quad just as Skyeship is not a replacement for Needles. Southridge and the Canyon should run daily, as well. Not very Beastly to not run important lifts.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Seems like a lot of their issues come back to lack of snowmaking capacity. Yet year after year, they refuse to do anything about it.
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

OL Needs eyes on it. People don’t know how to get there. People only ski what they see and that’s primarily what’s under the lift. Normally I want reserved terrain but in this case, a bump run needs traffic to get bumped up!
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

I guess some folks miss the top 100’ of OL during the week.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

I prefer to put eyes on it before I ski it. Patrol’s criteria and mine are different.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

rogman wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 10:20 I prefer to put eyes on it before I ski it. Patrol’s criteria and mine are different.
Agree - several years ago, report said groomed - friends skied over from Sup across Wildfire to a very ungroomed mess! I'll never ski it again unless I can see first!
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

You guys have been skiing long enough to know not to trust the reports of any ski resort , go and look for yourself and see what the conditions are then make your decisions on what to ski
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

MrsG wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 11:00
rogman wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 10:20 I prefer to put eyes on it before I ski it. Patrol’s criteria and mine are different.
Agree - several years ago, report said groomed - friends skied over from Sup across Wildfire to a very ungroomed mess! I'll never ski it again unless I can see first!

AGREED , I like to HEAR it as well as SEE it.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Atomic1 wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 15:25
MrsG wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 11:00

AGREED , I like to HEAR it as well as SEE it.
:like
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!