Base Camp At Bear can Start Phase 1

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

mdskiguy
Beginner On Rentals

Re: Base Camp At Bear can Start Phase 1

Post by mdskiguy »

I believe Copper Mountain in Colorado is also a POWDR property. They have pay parking.

https://www.coppercolorado.com/the-moun ... illage-map
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

I'm at Jay today, can we get a Bear Mountain Water Park?
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

mdskiguy wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 17:56 I believe Copper Mountain in Colorado is also a POWDR property. They have pay parking.
Yes the in village parking at Copper is pay, but they have huge free lots with shuttle service. Special buses that load and unload easily. Works pretty well.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

In a recent subdivision approval of the Base Camp parcel (for phase 1 2 and 3) it was noted:

"At this time, some tree clearing has commenced on Parcel B, but ORA has not yet commenced any earth work or ground disturbance; ORA anticipates that it will commence general site work in May 2024 and vertical construction ofdwelling units in September 2024."
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

newpylong1 wrote: Mar 8th, '24, 13:13 In a recent subdivision approval of the Base Camp parcel (for phase 1 2 and 3) it was noted:

"At this time, some tree clearing has commenced on Parcel B, but ORA has not yet commenced any earth work or ground disturbance; ORA anticipates that it will commence general site work in May 2024 and vertical construction ofdwelling units in September 2024."
That implies the land transfer will complete soon, as well as the relocation of snowmaking pipe at Bear. I hope they use this opportunity to update those facilities. Running a huge noisy diesel compressor farm for 3 months every year is the antithesis of “Play Forever”.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

The developer (Ottaquechee Realty Advisors) owns the parcel already as far as I know.

I would assume the trail and snowmaking work will begin as soon as it dries out if these dates are going to be met.

They rent Tier 4s which are comparable quiet and if you're up to them close, no visible smoke. A sound proof wall would make it so they wouldn't even know they were there up by the base of the old Fiddle lift.
Downdraft
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Downdraft »

Im curious to see what partnership or relation Alterra has in all of this once they buyout it all. They are a glorified real estate company with some skiing so who knows.
noknees
Blue Chatterbox

Post by noknees »

Skivt2 wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 17:25 It’s interesting to see folks slowly come to the realization that the parking situation after all this development really will suck. I’m sure someone will pipe in and remind us all that the plans all replace existing parking so it won’t ba a problem. But, call me crazy, I find Killington’s existing parking and its closeness to the lifts to be a big selling point for Killington. No replacement parking will be as close as the parking that is disappearing. In the end upper Bear, Rams head, snowshed and probably vail parking is going to be gone. It’s disturbing to think what that will do to the skiing experience compared to today. The only consolation is how slow these changes will happen.
The upper bear lot is the best parking on the mountain....put your boots on and ski from your car to the lift. Ski back too. Is the plan to remove the upper lot during this build out? My concern about the village is all about parking....I'm sure it will be beautiful. Replacing snowshed and ramshead lodge is ready. Can you see Killington lot will be all pay to park? The village build out needs to resolve the parking issue that it will generate. Why not build a parking garage? Lift from the TBD lot?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

noknees wrote: Mar 9th, '24, 17:35
The upper bear lot is the best parking on the mountain....put your boots on and ski from your car to the lift. Ski back too. Is the plan to remove the upper lot during this build out? ... Why not build a parking garage?
The village plans to date have underground parking for the village condos.

Here's the Base Camp Bear plan from their website. Phase 1 will take the upper most lots