Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Fox News - what we knew all along is true

Post by deadheadskier »

I hope Tucker and that quack SG gets sued like Fox did. Screw those scumbags
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Crazy .... Fox News interviews Curtis Sliwa as his Guardian Angels appear to rough up a migrant in the background.

https://x.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/175 ... 96558?s=20
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 17th, '23, 07:30 With stories like this floating around, how can you fault the DOJ and left-wing media for investigating a possible Trump-Russia connection?
A federal criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s media company Trump Media has expanded to include potential money laundering violations linked to an $8 million loan with Russian ties, the Guardian reported Wednesday, potentially further threatening the ex-president’s media company and its planned merger with special purpose acquisition company Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC).
The payments came from Paxum Bank, which is registered in Dominica, and ES Family Trust, and the Guardian reports Paxum Bank is partly owned by Anton Postolnikov, an apparent relation of Aleksandr Smirnov, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin who worked for Putin’s government until 2017 and now runs the Russian-controlled maritime company Rosmorport.
I realize this is after the fact, but it's just one of many links between Trump's business activities and Russia, such as Trump's business looking into building a tower in Moscow in 2016. To suggest that the media reporting on Trump's links to Russia is baseless is really a stretch. I'm not saying there was direct collusion, but I think Trump definitely had a conflict of interest where Putin was concerned, and many of his decisions as President were colored by that conflict of interest (see e.g. Helsinki).

Compare that with the claims of election fraud - which, as time goes on, look more and more baseless.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... to-russia/
GOPs star impeachment witness, indicted.

DOJ has charged Smirnov with "false statements" and obstruction in relation to Hunter and Joe Biden
https://www.justice.gov/sco-weiss/media ... ovdelivery
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 16:42
easyrider16 wrote: Mar 17th, '23, 07:30 With stories like this floating around, how can you fault the DOJ and left-wing media for investigating a possible Trump-Russia connection?
A federal criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s media company Trump Media has expanded to include potential money laundering violations linked to an $8 million loan with Russian ties, the Guardian reported Wednesday, potentially further threatening the ex-president’s media company and its planned merger with special purpose acquisition company Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC).
The payments came from Paxum Bank, which is registered in Dominica, and ES Family Trust, and the Guardian reports Paxum Bank is partly owned by Anton Postolnikov, an apparent relation of Aleksandr Smirnov, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin who worked for Putin’s government until 2017 and now runs the Russian-controlled maritime company Rosmorport.
I realize this is after the fact, but it's just one of many links between Trump's business activities and Russia, such as Trump's business looking into building a tower in Moscow in 2016. To suggest that the media reporting on Trump's links to Russia is baseless is really a stretch. I'm not saying there was direct collusion, but I think Trump definitely had a conflict of interest where Putin was concerned, and many of his decisions as President were colored by that conflict of interest (see e.g. Helsinki).

Compare that with the claims of election fraud - which, as time goes on, look more and more baseless.

DOJ has charged Smirnov with "false statements" and obstruction in relation to Hunter and Joe Biden
The right wing pundits will spin it as the Biden White House intimidating witnesses.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Bubba wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 17:35
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 16:42

The right wing pundits will spin it as the Biden White House intimidating witnesses.
Gee, I wonder what Hannity will say. He ran this BS story 85 times last year

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/17 ... 6447737249
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I just finished reading “Network of Lies” that traces the Dominion lawsuit and uses all the depositions and other materials and sources to basically define Fox as a propaganda machine with no regard for facts. It’s actually as bad or worse than many here think, driven by money, riven by internal rivalries and disrespect for management.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Has FOX NEWS learned it lesson? This seems a dangerous game, but IANAL.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jesse-wat ... money-case
It didn’t take long after the general outlines of seven jurors in Donald Trump’s New York criminal trial were made public Tuesday for Fox News host Jesse Watters to suggest that, based on that information alone, Trump wouldn’t be acquitted.

While on air Tuesday night, Watters went through each juror, whose identities will remain anonymous in light of the potential for threats directed at them.

The second juror, Watters described, is “a nurse from the Upper East Side with a Masters degree.”

“She’s not married, has no kids and lives with her fiancé who works in finance,” Watters said, chuckling for some reason. “She gets her news from The New York Times, Google and CNN.”

Two items in this juror’s questionnaire “really stuck out,” according to Watters: “‘I don’t really have an opinion of Trump,’ and ‘No one is above the law.’ I’m not so sure about juror No. 2,” Watters reacted, stopping short of explaining why. Watters later said vaguely that he found her to be “concerning.”
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

As high as the payout was, it was not high enough to have a substantial deterrent effect. Fox had many times that amount sitting in cash on its balance sheet. They just wrote a check and it did not hurt them at all, really.

Put another way, when you have $4 billion sitting in cash in a bank account, a $787 million-dollar fine isn't really going to hurt you much. Looking at some numbers, Fox rakes in over $14 billion a year in revenue, and nets over $1.2 billion in profit, so it won't even take them a full year to recoup that loss.

As another example, look at the scapegoat, Tucker Carlson. He's still operating, still putting out content, and it would not surprise me if he's still making a lot of money doing it. Bottom line, nobody was really held responsible.