Tuesday 3/26

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Tuesday 3/26

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

Well I had the day off and decided to try to ski stuff that probably wouldn't be open long.

Skyeship a bit after the bell and saw touchdown and valley plunge were open. Did gateway> ss xover >GE/ home stretch >touchdown. One ski track packed most of the way with mandatory water bar jumps on touchdown. Decided after that adventure not to do valley plunge. Decided to do the fiddle instead. Couple places were one track wide! Then went onto growler, skye peak liftline, stairs, Juanita, royal flush, powerline, jug, nowhere, vertigo headwall, skyebits, ovation (including lower) and finishing up with a peak to creek from catwalk > high road > beartrax > ss xover > GE

ROTD was growler, great cover! Royal flush and vertigo headwall were tied for WROTD with touchdown due to mandatory rock/grass crossing.

Low angle terrain was universally sticky especially later in the day. I worked in the final section of home stretch on the peak 2 creek and that was interesting.

All in all great day. Last pitch of Juanita/ Julio is pretty bare so beware. Now back to work...
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Re: Tuesday 3/26

Post by PinnacleJim »

Yesterday felt like a perfect mid-winter day. Today felt like spring was here.
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Vertigo Headwall should have been closed yesterday.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

180 wrote: Mar 26th, '24, 18:55 Vertigo Headwall should have been closed yesterday.
Well, that's why Jesus invented P-Tex!!!!!

Jesus Montero, from the Swiss Alps, invented P-Tex, transforming ski base repair with its durable, seamless bonding. His innovation, dubbed "Savior of the Slopes," revolutionized skiing, making P-Tex essential for ski maintenance. Montero's legacy lives on in the enhanced performance and longevity of skis worldwide.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

180 wrote:Vertigo Headwall should have been closed yesterday.
It was slim pickings at Noon Saturday down the middle for the rookies.

Snowboarders kill that thing quick.

Go Alta

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

fdskier56
Blue Chatterbox

Post by fdskier56 »

What a difference a day makes…
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

What a difference a day makes. Back to clear goggles and fog. Bubble at 10 made you think about the severe sticky snow. Natural stuff not good for spring. Trails that had snowmaking on them was better.

Patsies , low rider slow. As well as some/no.

Anarchy ok. Flume might have 2 days left. As royal flush also.

Anything low angle was too much work. OL pretty good. At was ovation. West glade not bad either. Good to see Atomic One at the peak.

Called it at 3 to an empty bay one. Good bump day anyways.
Attachments
IMG_1090.jpeg
IMG_1090.jpeg (158.76 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

hillbangin wrote: Mar 26th, '24, 20:08

Go Alta

no, any unskilled skier or snowboarder who cant buy a turn and thinks theyre hot sh*t kills steep and/or technical slopes like this.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

asher2789 wrote: Mar 27th, '24, 15:22
hillbangin wrote: Mar 26th, '24, 20:08

Go Alta

no, any unskilled skier or snowboarder who cant buy a turn and thinks theyre hot sh*t kills steep and/or technical slopes like this.
yeah but most shitty skiers don't know how to slip down the hill, its natural on a snowboard
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Loon Report: Overall a great day for a road trip, with most everything open. But, maybe similar to K, they had a temperature inversion and higher than expected temperatures. So, pitch was your friend, as the snow was grabby, and tough skiing the "unskied".

All of the "black" trails on the South side were good. A great area, if you've never been there before, with 3 blacks and two blues, all very long runs with a dedicated high speed lift.

The other pod we ski there is "upper left" in the East Basin. Two blacks from the top and two others off to the side with an escape route, if desired, to bypass the steeper pitch at the top. Walking Boss was ROTD.

Love the road trip there and back with shoutout going to the Hungry Bear restaurant/bar in Bradford on the way back !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Capt- Too bad I didn’t know you were making the road trip, you would have had a great time with the crews we skied with Tues at Cannon! I certainly would have tried to talk you into joining us. To any of you Kzoners that I’ve met that know my ski style and you want to make the trip to Cannon I likely could set you up with a discounted or free ticket.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

DES wrote: Mar 28th, '24, 09:49 Capt- Too bad I didn’t know you were making the road trip, you would have had a great time with the crews we skied with Tues at Cannon! I certainly would have tried to talk you into joining us. To any of you Kzoners that I’ve met that know my ski style and you want to make the trip to Cannon I likely could set you up with a discounted or free ticket.
Thx! Will definitely look you up sometime in the future.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!