Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Sunday, April 14th

Post by MrsG »

IMG_4815.jpeg
IMG_4815.jpeg (1011.56 KiB) Viewed 771 times
Nice what a couple inches of snow can do after Mother Nature’s wrath;)
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Sunday, April 14th

Post by skiadikt »

indeed. unexpectedly greeted by a crown of blue skies sitting atop OL. a sight to behold. add a couple inches of the white stuff (heavy) and you have the making for a fine morning of skiing.

at the bell, claw/burst was butter. found more of the same in stash/maker. all the groomers in bear, needles & supe skied well. supe HW was beautifully groomed. then started diving into some of the ungroomed starting w old supe. skied fine but the firm base underneath was evident.

snowdon mainline soft. northstar good but had to get "creative" in spots. ridge run soft bumps. escapade good while cascade was firm.

finished up back in bear where wildfire, particularly upper, skied great. the fact that they didn't make snow on it meant it didn't get groomed much, hence the bumps were nicely skied in. will call it runnerup rotd. has consistently been a fave this season. lower does have a break that other than a ribbon extends all the way across.

finished out on OL. big, soft, beautiful bumps. rotd. sad to bid farewell to bear. plenty of snow there (much more than last year) so holding out hope (not my breath) that they give us another weekend.

when i pulled out of bear shortly after noon, clouds had moved in and there was some light dripping.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

I like that shot Mrs G, very cool catching the bubble on the snow!
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

yea, nice one!

cool composition and some nice looking snow.
got me stoked
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

The lifty at the Needles Eye chair summed it up perfectly with "sneaky good one out there today huh?" It most certainly was way better than expected.
Blue bird skies, an inch or so of fresh overnight, and soft easy to carve snow everywhere made for a fantastic morning of skiing. Only thing missing was KingFourWoman who is out on the IR and probably has a knee replacement in her future. Got in 14 runs before 11:00 and called it quits just as the snow started getting a bit sticky. Started at Bear, worked my way over to Rams, then worked my way back. Everything was skiing great. Hard to pick a ROTD, it was all great.

Couldn't believe how empty the place was, as dead as I have ever skied it. Skied up to ever chair and often had trails all to myself. Had it been mid-November instead of mid-April, with that many trails, that many lifts, and that great of snow, the cars would have been parked all the way down to the Wobbly.
Attachments
IMG_8215.jpeg
IMG_8215.jpeg (641 KiB) Viewed 308 times
IMG_8218.jpeg
IMG_8218.jpeg (626.59 KiB) Viewed 308 times
IMG_8221.jpeg
IMG_8221.jpeg (357.78 KiB) Viewed 308 times
IMG_8222.jpeg
IMG_8222.jpeg (623.76 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Morning Report ! Out early, for me, to beat the afternoon precip. Surprised I didn't cross paths with Skiadikt though I started at Bear and never made it across the K1 lodge.

Yep - Stash -> Maker, ClawBurst, and Lower Wildfire all good. Later day run on O.L. ROTD. Tons of snow on it.

All of Needle's Eye great. Calling Vertigo co-ROTD; pretty good cover staying far right and, similar to some of the skiing yesterday, though heavy it could be skied like the fresh snow that it was in between the bumps. Hardly anyone had hit it.

Similarly everything at Supe great, just like the afternoon before. Bitter / HW / Low Road awesome.. Ovation, Old Supe, Supe TTB, and Skyelark ditto. Skyehawk [the Headwall, not the piece of sh*t they claim as groomed] right up there with as good as it gets.

Light crowds as others have posted.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

r*in being in the forecast scared people away. It did r*in for two periods in the afternoon, but it wasn't enough to ruin the day.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

OL was definitely the run of the day. only rode for the last two hours but it was the only run that i did that wasnt sticky. perfect corn snow!