tuesday 4/16 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 4/16 report

Post by skiadikt »

another banner day. bluebirds formed a welcoming committee on top of the hill though some cloudage did mix in later. a bit breezy at times. just a tad firmer at the bell which was a good thing. 9-2 shift. ran into the captain as he was getting off the hill. compared notes :D .

bubble started abut 15 min late necessitating a run on caper only to wind up back at the bubble. did a couple variants in snowdon. since the lift had just started, found some soft untracked. off to cascade which skied well on this soft but firmish snow. very nice carving.

then camped out at supe for quite a while hitting everything there. it all skied well. really couldn't find a bad turn today. skye hawk good. old supe the usual perfect zippers but requiring a trip into the woods to avoid the lower section. mid o good. took advantage of the xover and did a bunch of needles laps including panic/needles which had forming widely spaced bumps and rotd old/upper needles. amazing how well it's covered for a nat trail. big, soft user friendly bumps. trail holds snow really well. nothing to avoid. vertigo above the crossover did not look good.

and yes GIS rode the K1 a couple times (caught you "poaching" the bubble this morning :lol:) to hit the DDs - both excellent especially downdraft which had nice big boy bumps. escapade very good as well. in the NR, ridge skied well. back at snowdon, chute/great bear excellent. upper chute has developed some nice bumps. north star gets a mixed grade. very good but a couple "creative" areas to work around - rockers recommended.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: tuesday 4/16 report

Post by Mister Moose »

20240416_152953.jpg
20240416_152953.jpg (475.68 KiB) Viewed 621 times
One of the DDs
Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

I agree. Perfect corn. Did a morning session 9-11 and an afternoon session 2:30-4:10 shade was firm early but did needles twice in the early session. Both DDs were excellent late and escapade in the late session. Skyhawk to lower skylark was my ROTD for my second to last run. Did superstar T2B last. I fit ovation in the late session and somewhere in there Did highline twice and powerline and ridge run. It was all a fantastic blur. Work tomorrow *sigh* I'll be back friday!
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Escapade was our ROTD
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

ozzy wrote: Apr 16th, '24, 20:03 Escapade was our ROTD
Great to see you and the kids. Was out from 2-4.

Hatters and company. Highline to sup.
Somewhere was open and pretty good.
As was ovation TTB.

Escapade to cascade with Ozzy.

Finishing up on DD which was my rotd.

Parking lot with peeps and garlic later with liv4 ski.

Great PM runs. Tomorrow should be great too.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Fine day on the hill. SS pod early on and then off to the Canyon as the fat lady is singing up there. Many runs by myself off the very top. Not sure why its closed. Catwalk still skiing well, but ROTD Downdraft. Dipper rope line also gets a few repeats.
As many have commented, grooming Mid O was a bad move and the great lines we had are a thing of the past.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

such a fun day and the snow finally got fast for the most part. north star was my favorite... theres a ribbon on the right at one point but otherwise the trail has great flow and picking a line makes it fun to me. more fun tomorrow!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid-Day Report: Basically, see reports above !! Perfect Spring day with nice temp, mostly sunny, etc. Everything skied well.

WROTD: Cascade. Pretty good mind you but just the worst run due to overnight grooming and fair amount of early traffic = messy snow with no bumps. Was hoping Flume was open but not so.

ROTD: Pick One:
Upper Chute -> Mouse Trap
Upper Chute -> Great Bear
North Star
Powerline
Ridge Run
Ovation TTB
Supe
Old Supe
Skyehawk -> Skyelark [Lower Skyelark nothing special]
Bittersweet / HW / Low Road.

Ready for a repeat Wednesday !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

Mister Moose wrote: Apr 16th, '24, 17:02 20240416_152953.jpg

One of the DDs
pic deserves a repeat.
what a difference a day makes!
no complaints about monday, as the bumps were among the best of the season for me.
but sun and warmth always beats damp and drenched!