wednesday 4/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

wednesday 4/17 report

Post by skiadikt »

the needle was pinned. mix of sun & clouds and warm temps. a rinse & repeat day. once again everything skied great. maybe took a little longer for the ungroomed runs to soften. 9-2:30 shift.

snowdon creamy groomed 'roy at the bell. LEF nice & soft. the snow had a deep brownish tint :lol: . pitched our tent at supe for a big chunk of the morning skiing every combo of runs including needles. upper needles still skiing beautifully with nice soft bumps. hawk good. old supe always good. mid o bumps getting more skied in. cascade ok.

hooked up w the capt'n so repeated a number of needles runs and ovation. lower o good but more rocks to avoid and the choke points are growing. hit our rotd which featured the deepest untracked corn imaginable. absolute perfection.

in the NR, ridge run still skiing well. captain recommended powerline and it didn't disappoint. some good "dirty" snow. finished up on double d where we hooked up w rusty & liv4.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Re: wednesday 4/17 report

Post by twilkas »

sounds beauty, all! :like
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

yes, sounds great - the skiing and the assembled crew.
they weren't running the lift on needles were they??
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

buckethead wrote: Apr 17th, '24, 18:04 yes, sounds great - the skiing and the assembled crew.
they weren't running the lift on needles were they??
No. Needles.is open down to the crossover.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

That zipper on ole superstar that goes..
...then doesn't as it doesn't just melt out. It ends in a melt out. Love the mandatory grass skims. It gives the trail character.

But those bumps were awesome - small, round and direct.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

skiadikt wrote: Apr 17th, '24, 16:45
in the NR, ridge run still skiing well. captain recommended powerline and it didn't disappoint. some good "dirty" snow. finished up on double d where we hooked up w rusty & liv4.
Great to ski u guys. We made it 9-4 with the race skis On for the first hour. Switched boards around 10:30 and hit high line. Ready. As was LEF. Couple of bubbles to let everything warm up. Did a couple of low riders that were still ok. North Star thin in a couple of places.

Lappped Dipper many times under the chair. Excellent. Low angle woods were still good also. Did ovation TTB with lower getting days away from closing. Couple back over at Sup later. Nice. Good day.

Saw Coydog and Maple in bay one later for a few.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid Day Report: Another beauty ! In general, a few more clouds hanging up high butt very similar snow conditions.

ROTD: The "Shuttle" Run !!

Great to hook up with Skiadikt, a coupla of my other friends, and then Rusty and Liv4 for our closing canyon run.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

park was sick, i rarely ever ride park especially this year (conditions werent right for me) because im old and break easily but yesterday (and i heard the day before) was exceptional. soft but FAST snow. had a bunch of progression even in my relatively old age and surprised myself a bit. fun day. after getting tired from the park i took a few laps in the canyon and ventured into nowhere when i heard it was open. sketchy fun! probably done after today's r*in.