Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Post by Skid Mark »

While crooked Joe and Merrick conduct lawfare against Trump and thereby prevent him from campaigning (except for his brilliant bodega visits in Harlem), here is a summary of Joe's week (taken from an X account):

Biden just wrapped up a "swing" through Pennsylvania — and it was a total and complete disaster filled with shuffles, slurs, and A LOT of lying.

In just a few brief stops, Biden…

— Falsely claimed (twice) his "Uncle Bosie" was eaten alive by cannibals in New Guinea.

— Tried (and repeatedly failed — BIG TIME) to emulate the energy of President Trump’s impromptu bodega visit.

— Instructed Israel not to bomb THEIR OWN CITY.

— Asked if Americans "were ready to choose freedom over democracy."

— Falsely claimed he "cut the budget by a lot of money."

— Falsely claimed he never spoke with "anyone" about the political prosecutions of President Trump.

— Falsely claimed (TWICE) that D-Day was on a Sunday.

— Claimed his mother "didn't live in Scranton since she was 1954."

— Was followed by rabid anti-Israel protesters at every turn.

— Told steelworkers the “middle class didn’t build America.”

— Falsely claimed the United Steelworkers were the "first outfit ever to endorse" him during his 1972 Senate run — just weeks after (falsely) telling United Auto Workers the exact same thing.

— Falsely claimed he's "ahead in 35 polls."

— Told a bizarre and incoherent story from decades ago about answering his motel room door wearing nothing but "a towel and shaving cream."

— Forgot the word "Scranton."

— Falsely claimed he has "never" earned a $400K salary (despite his presidential salary being ~$400K — and despite making millions and millions "after" he left office as VP).

— Falsely (and repeatedly) claimed he "cut the federal deficit."

The list of Biden's incoherent lies goes on and on and on — and on and on.

BIDEN IS AN INCOMPETENT FOOL, A CROOKED LIAR, AND AN INTERNATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Yes, Biden is an old fool who is gaining in senility. I really wish there was a better choice than him. Unfortunately there isn't.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Joe was never going to step down. No incumbent does.

We are going to be stuck with him for four more because cultist losers like Throbbing Skidmark nominated Trump.

Could have gone Haley or Christie, but nope, had to go with the Insurrectionist loser. And chances are those same idiots will nominate Trump again in 2028.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

oh, it was posted on an X account? Must be 100% reliable :roll:

Still, I don't think you're going to find too many people on this forum defending Biden. We know he sucks but we're still going to vote for him because the other guy is worse.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 20th, '24, 18:50 oh, it was posted on an X account? Must be 100% reliable :roll:

Still, I don't think you're going to find too many people on this forum defending Biden. We know he sucks but we're still going to vote for him because the other guy is worse.
Biden forgot the word Scranton and the other guy tried to overthrow democracy. Choice seems simple to me.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Apr 20th, '24, 20:40
easyrider16 wrote: Apr 20th, '24, 18:50 oh, it was posted on an X account? Must be 100% reliable :roll:

Biden forgot the word Scranton and the other guy tried to overthrow democracy. Choice seems simple to me.
The “other guy” also confuses Nicky Haley with Nancy Pelosi.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Texas GOP Representative Tony Gonzales on his GOP colleagues:
"I serve with some real scumbags," Gonzales said. He then took specific aim at Representative Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican, and Representative Bob Good, a Virginia Republican.

"Matt Gaetz, he paid minors to have sex with him at drug parties," the Texas Republican said. "Bob Good endorsed my opponent, a known neo-Nazi. These people used to walk around in white hoods at night. Now they're walking around with white hoods in the daytime."
https://www.newsweek.com/tony-gonzales- ... gs-1892582
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

Bubba wrote: Apr 21st, '24, 09:47
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Apr 20th, '24, 20:40

The “other guy” also confuses Nicky Haley with Nancy Pelosi.
Ahhh... Liberal tears give me so much satisfaction. It's amazing that you're still clinging to the "insurrection" hoax; but what else is there when your party sucks on practically every issue?

And now you seem to be the party of Jew hating bigots. Tsk, tsk.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Bubba is Jewish you bonehead. :lol:
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 18th, '24, 09:03 That's not what I'm saying. I know some fairly intelligent people who are hard-core Trump supporters. You don't have to be a simpleton to act based on your emotions. Politics is largely driven by emotion on both sides of the aisle.
Maybe some truth to the below? We see it with MAGA and now the Palestine Protests …. Both sides longing for some type of struggle / greater sense of purpose?
IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg (202.12 KiB) Viewed 153 times
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Yeah I think that is pretty spot on. When I was a teenager, I was a bit of a right-wing evangelical nut, and what attracted me to it was this notion of fighting for good against evil. Then I grew up and realized it was all shades of gray rather than black and white, but a lot of people I know from back then never really grew out of it.

Domestic politics would be pretty boring if it weren't for the MTG's, the Trump's, the AOC's. If you didn't have all these made-up causes and unnecessary drama it would just be about budgets and bureaucratic administration. Yawn fest.

I've gravitated more toward international affairs for my political fix. There are still real causes and real troubles happening in places like Ukraine, China, Iran, Korea, etc.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 23rd, '24, 07:53Yeah I think that is pretty spot on. When I was a teenager, I was a bit of a right-wing evangelical nut, and what attracted me to it was this notion of fighting for good against evil. Then I grew up and realized it was all shades of gray rather than black and white, but a lot of people I know from back then never really grew out of it.
COVID really shined a light on the church. Some churches leveraged COVID as a fight for good against evil ... others encouraged loving their neighbor in a time of despair. Unfortunately, most churches positioning COVID as a fight grew during the pandemic.

Jesus being a 'lover' and not a 'fighter' is often overlooked, which is wild to me. In the Gospel of John, Jesus commands Peter to put his sword down and allow Jesus to be arrested.

Never mind Romans, which outlines Christians should submit to the government.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The religious right in America remind me of what Ghandi said - "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

But this is why I think government should be utterly and totally secular. Regardless of what you believe, other people can twist their religion to justify all kinds of things. When a person believes they have God's authority to achieve a goal, they can justify all kinds of evil to get that goal accomplished. Practice your religion all you want in your private life, but nobody should be allowed to impose religious views or laws on anyone else.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 23rd, '24, 09:44But this is why I think government should be utterly and totally secular. Regardless of what you believe, other people can twist their religion to justify all kinds of things.
Christ had a chance to establish a Christian Theocracy and didn't. Christ followers thinking Christ would want the US to become one is basically blasphemy.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

But this is the history of the Christian church. Rome became a theocracy, and then the various monarchies of medieval Europe were basically Christian theocracies and did things like the inquisition and the crusades, and the oppression of Christian theocracy didn't really end until the enlightenment era. It's funny to me when Christians criticize theocracies like Iran and Afghanistan, not because they aren't evil, but because their own religion has just as sordid a history and is guilty of the same sorts of abuses. Sharia law isn't really all that different from what Christians were doing in the name of Christ during medieval times.