Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Can the Democrat Party be saved?

Post by Skid Mark »

daytripper wrote: Apr 23rd, '24, 10:34
Skid Mark wrote: Apr 23rd, '24, 09:34 Remember when Biden cancelled the Keystone pipeline but approved the Nord Stream? Weakening the US while strengthening Russia? That was great!
I do, that was pretty stupid of him. Remember when Trump had his minions storm the capitol building? That was even more stupid.
Actually, I don't remember that at all. Obviously, you've been duped with such a stupid comment.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Yeah he's right. Trump wasn't there - he sent his minions to do the dirty work, then he went and hid in his office where he repeatedly refused to do anything as his minions breached the capitol and beat up capitol police.
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 23rd, '24, 15:26 Yeah he's right. Trump wasn't there - he sent his minions to do the dirty work, then he went and hid in his office where he repeatedly refused to do anything as his minions breached the capitol and beat up capitol police.
Yes, requesting 10,000 National Guard troops to be on site to maintain peace is something an insurrectionist would do.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1jPEHl
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Skid Mark wrote: Apr 23rd, '24, 19:46
easyrider16 wrote: Apr 23rd, '24, 15:26 Yeah he's right. Trump wasn't there - he sent his minions to do the dirty work, then he went and hid in his office where he repeatedly refused to do anything as his minions breached the capitol and beat up capitol police.
Yes, requesting 10,000 National Guard troops to be on site to maintain peace is something an insurrectionist would do.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1jPEHl
Ornato testified under oath. Post the snippet from Ornato’s testimony where he asserts Trump requested 10,000 National Guardsman.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Yep, that's another right-wing media lie.
Q: Yeah. And, you know, on that point, we also understand that the
President, in that January 4th dining room meeting, said -- or asked whether 10,000
National Guard troops could be deployed on January 6th. Were you aware of that?

A: I was not aware of that.
Transcript:
https://cha.house.gov/_cache/files/3/b/ ... ato-ti.pdf

Also this:

Text messages from all sorts of people, including Congressmen at the Capitol, begging Trump to DO SOMETHING. For an hour. Here's a particularly chilling exchange:
2:44 p.m.: Rep. Barry Loudermilk to Mark Meadows

It’s really bad up here on the hill.

2:44 p.m.: Rep. Barry Loudermilk to Mark Meadows

They have breached the Capitol.

2:45 p.m.: Jake Sherman to Mark Meadows

We are under siege in the cpaitol

There’s an armed standoff at the house chamber door

We’re all helpless

2:46 p.m.: Rep. Will Timmons to Mark Meadows

The president needs to stop this ASAP
Took trump a half hour to send a tweet asking people to respect law enforcement. Took him another hour before he tweeted the video calling for protestors to disburse. If you believe the testimony of the people around him on Jan 6, they were begging him to do something and he refused for a long time until they finally convinced him to say something. Both these texts and the totality of Ornato's transcript supports this version of events.

Text records: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/politics ... index.html
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Watching select members of the Democrat party feed the idea that these cosplaying Marxist students are some kind of victims is strangely similar to Republicans rewriting Jan 6.

We are not a serious country.

I guess the saving grace is the far left is like “we want snacks” whereas the far right is like “we got zip ties and assault rifles”.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

They were a bunch of spoiled rich kids that have no grasp on reality. How could they in the fully sheltered life they have lived?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I heard an expert on the news this morning suggesting that if these naive kids are having any effect on the conflict, it's to prolong it. Israeli media and Al Jazeera are giving these protests wall to wall coverage. Hamas is praising them, and Israelis are feeling very marginalized by them. What it breaks down to, according to this expert, is that the Israelis now feel like they have less and less to lose because they've already lost political support overseas, so they might as well do what they think they have to do. And of course Hamas is just using it as a propaganda tool.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: May 1st, '24, 07:38 I heard an expert on the news this morning suggesting that if these naive kids are having any effect on the conflict, it's to prolong it. Israeli media and Al Jazeera are giving these protests wall to wall coverage. Hamas is praising them, and Israelis are feeling very marginalized by them. What it breaks down to, according to this expert, is that the Israelis now feel like they have less and less to lose because they've already lost political support overseas, so they might as well do what they think they have to do. And of course Hamas is just using it as a propaganda tool.
That same kind of expertise criticized student demonstrations against the Vietnam war for the same reasons. I have no problem with demonstrating for a cease fire or for Palestinian rights (including a State of their own). I have a problem with taking over buildings by breaking in, harassing Jewish students, and chanting for the effective eradication of Israel.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I take your point, but with Vietnam protests, the students were actually part of the constituency whose political leaders were prosecuting the war. In this case they've got a lot less influence on the situation.

I don't have a problem with student protests. I think it's healthy and great that they want to be involved in the political process. However, I agree that when it crosses the line into harming people or disrupting services, it needs to be curtailed. You have a right to *peaceful* protests, not a right to wreck sh!t.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Outside agitators heavy handed police tactics against demonstrators... where have I seen this before? BTW this should be on my Mid east thread and not here as it's not a Dem or reprobate issue.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/