tuesday 4/23 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 4/23 report

Post by skiadikt »

just a blockbuster day on the hill. couldn't paint a bluer sky. warmed up quickly. pretty decent turnout. 9-2:45 shift.

another of those 'couldn't find a bad turn' days. at the bell everything groomed skied well as it softened quickly. unlike yesterday where it stayed firm for the morning, today things did "slop" up a bit.

today we added "D" and "E" into the mix, "D" being panic/needles which got a half dozen swipes and "E" being mid ovation which i'll call my rotd. bumps getting skied in nicely. the only downside is having to take the skis off for a short bit on the runout. note to mike, tait and greg - next season please run a gun or two on the runout so we can ski it as long as the trail (which still has a ton of snow) lasts. bid my tearful farewell to old supe which skied beautifully until it didn't. quite a long walk down. bye ...

regret not getting to "F" to the point as i was pulling out, saw folks coming down and almost turned around to put the boots back on. when i got home my body told me i had enough.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Skivt2
Bumper

Re: tuesday 4/23 report

Post by Skivt2 »

Simply fantastic day out there today!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

20240423_165744.jpg
20240423_165744.jpg (182.66 KiB) Viewed 538 times
The springtime pattern has arrived. Long bump lines at days end, blue sky backdrop, apres tailgates lining the access road.

Glad skiadkt talked us into Panic/Needles, but he didn't talk us into Old Superstar. We skied around and waited at the exit. And waited. Sometimes saying goodbye means not saying you're sorry. Sometimes it does.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Spectacular !

ROTD: Mid O -> Lower Supe.

Supe TTB was great. Well spaced out moguls forming on the Upper headwall and Preston's Pitch sections. Not yet "May zipper lines". Really enjoyed making Slalom like turns on the perfectly softened firm surface in the spaces between the moguls. Middle Supe OK with most of the "lines" formed by peeps looking to avoid any moguls.

Skyelark very good though mostly broken up spring snow. Skipped Bittersweet expecting it to be the same.

Panic Needles side show was excellent.

Great running into Skiadikt for a run at the end of his day as well as SkiNutDave.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

I think they could spare a couple guns over the 4,000 hours they make snow on SS throughout the season to get the Ovation to SS cutover deeper for spring. Every year it's the same situation and every year it's not addressed.
my poor knees
Green Skidder

Post by my poor knees »

newpylong1 wrote: Apr 24th, '24, 11:56 I think they could spare a couple guns over the 4,000 hours they make snow on SS throughout the season to get the Ovation to SS cutover deeper for spring. Every year it's the same situation and every year it's not addressed.
I say this every year, I know zero about running a mountain or driving a cat, but I just don't understand why a cat can't just push a little snow over there from S.S.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

newpylong1 wrote: Apr 24th, '24, 11:56 I think they could spare a couple guns over the 4,000 hours they make snow on SS throughout the season to get the Ovation to SS cutover deeper for spring. Every year it's the same situation and every year it's not addressed.
and from tonight's report: and they’re also putting a fresh groom on Middle Ovation as a bonus. i don't consider that a "bonus". best bumps on the hill even w the walk out. guessing they're using the opportunity to move some snow and fix the exit.

but next year please point 2 guns from superstar in there, even if they have to run some xtra hose length.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Mister Moose eyes the Lower Superstar bump line.
IMG_4359.jpg
IMG_4359.jpg (464.54 KiB) Viewed 210 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

^^ cool patch!
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

buckethead wrote: Apr 25th, '24, 16:34 ^^ cool patch!
Likely resting ;) looks delicious. wondering if that's a bumper sticker on MM's back, digging it! :D