Up the Down Launchpad 2024

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Up the Down Launchpad 2024

Post by Southside_Bobby »

I am hoping for some fun on canyon runs over the upcoming days. 
I know things will melt fast on the runout, but walking out doesn't bother me.

All recon/info/pics will be appreciated.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Up the Down Launchpad 2024

Post by asher2789 »

yesterday 4/29: the walk up launch pad was pleasant, snow is still pretty firm and fully covered making for an easy bootpack. mountain has begun prepping for summer and started plowing the work road ('off the top' in mtb land) and snowcats were pulling guns while friends and i were hiking (we exchanged waves). i walked up the trail thats in between helter skelter and the other flat that takes you from top of SRQ to the canyon area - that flat and the very top of launch pad/pipe dream was roughed up by groomers working and in active use. it looked like they were moving the guns to the top of pipe dream. rode down from the bottom of FIS to the top of lower dipper on great northern, there was buttery corduroy one groomer track wide. dipper was great, buttery goodness that rode better than the last few days it was open, the bumps slightly mellowed out. run out was slightly sketchy in that steep spot just past the canyon chair but totally covered and i made it all the way to by ski patrol in k1 on a well waxed board. also super sketchy (but rideable) from the bottom of cascade to where east fall ends - probably holes in that path after today.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Re: Up the Down Launchpad 2024

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Thanks, Asher!
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.