Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Can the Republican Party Be Saved?

Post by deadheadskier »

G-smashed wrote: May 2nd, '24, 17:58 Trump believes in immigration too - as long as the immigrants are white Northern Europeans or Eastern European hookers.
Oh, he has had no problem hiring Hispanic migrants at his hotels and golf courses either. But he knows this situation allows him free racist swings to rile up the deplorables.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

What a clown Gaetz is:
“The bill says the definition of antisemitism includes ‘contemporary examples of antisemitism’ identified by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA). One of those examples includes: ‘… claims of Jews killing Jesus …’,” Gaetz wrote. “The Bible is clear. There is no myth or controversy on this. Therefore, I will not support this bill.”
So not only is he ignorant of the history of antisemitism, he's ignorant of what the Bible says. Here's a hint - the Jews didn't kill Jesus. The Roman authorities did.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/0 ... r-00155605
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: May 3rd, '24, 09:18 What a clown Gaetz is:
“The bill says the definition of antisemitism includes ‘contemporary examples of antisemitism’ identified by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA). One of those examples includes: ‘… claims of Jews killing Jesus …’,” Gaetz wrote. “The Bible is clear. There is no myth or controversy on this. Therefore, I will not support this bill.”
So not only is he ignorant of the history of antisemitism, he's ignorant of what the Bible says. Here's a hint - the Jews didn't kill Jesus. The Roman authorities did.

I'm pretty sure Pontius Pilate, a Roman and Governor of Judaea, was a Christian.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Looking at a repeat of 2020 in 2024 from the GOP ...

Here's Tim Scott, refusing to say he'll accept the results of the 2024 election.
https://x.com/atrupar/status/1787124298265584080

RNC is filing lawsuits in battleground states, arguing ballots can't be counted after election day. Lets cut to Lara Trump, co-chair of the RNC
https://x.com/Acyn/status/1787127359906472331
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

deadheadskier wrote: Apr 17th, '24, 15:36Nevermind that people make being a Trumper part of their personal identity like no other politician in history.
FOX NEWS - Jesse Watters wrote:Trump is going to come out with a prison body. That's what happens when you go to prison, you work out, that's all there is to do.
https://x.com/Acyn/status/1787644480100749544
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 3rd, '24, 10:08
easyrider16 wrote: May 3rd, '24, 09:18 What a clown Gaetz is:

I'm pretty sure Pontius Pilate, a Roman and Governor of Judaea, was a Christian.
More unbelievable ignorance!

From Matthew 27:

Taking the Place of Barabbas
15 Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to releasing to the multitude one prisoner whom they wished. 16 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas. 17 Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?” 18 For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy.

19 While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, “Have nothing to do with that just Man, for I have suffered many things today in a dream because of Him.”

20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus. 21 The governor answered and said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?”

They said, “Barabbas!”

22 Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?”

They all said to him, “Let Him be crucified!”

23 Then the governor said, “Why, what evil has He done?”

But they cried out all the more, saying, “Let Him be crucified!”

24 When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a [c]tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this [d]just Person. You see to it.”

25 And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”

26 Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had [e]scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

I'm familiar with the Gospels and there's nothing in Matthew (or the other Gospels) suggesting Pontius Pilate was Jewish. Were there mostly Jewish people in the crowd in Jerusalem that day? Yes.

However, Gaetz makes the claim Pontius Pilate was Jewish. He's not Jewish. Only the Romans had the power/authority to kill Jesus.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on May 7th, '24, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Skid Mark wrote: May 7th, '24, 14:36 More unbelievable ignorance!

From Matthew 27:
Did you actually read what you just posted? I mean, it's right there. The Jews didn't actually do any crucifying. The Romans did. Pilate's cute little attempt to pass off the blame isn't something that would hold up in any court anywhere. He's the one who gave the order, and it was his soldiers who nailed Jesus to the cross.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: May 7th, '24, 15:32
Skid Mark wrote: May 7th, '24, 14:36 More unbelievable ignorance!

From Matthew 27:
Did you actually read what you just posted? I mean, it's right there. The Jews didn't actually do any crucifying. The Romans did. Pilate's cute little attempt to pass off the blame isn't something that would hold up in any court anywhere. He's the one who gave the order, and it was his soldiers who nailed Jesus to the cross.
Court or not, the belief has painted Jews as Christ killers for 2000 years. To hear anyone suggest the truth of that today is repugnant to say the least. Just past Yom Hashoah and we have to read this? Shameless ignorance.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

That brings up another point - how unfair is it to attribute the acts of a small mob to an entire people? Anyone with a basic sense of morality should be able to see how unethical that line of thinking is.

That being said, this is partly a problem of gullible people being convinced that this account is infallible. If people exercised a little critical thinking instead of just accepting what's written, they might see that just maybe this account is a little biased and perhaps not fully reliable.
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

Yes, the Romans literally killed Jesus but they were merely following the wishes of the Pharisees and the mob. The Jews were responsible. However, that was 2000 years ago. Today, there is no grudge against Jews by most Christians, just as we don't begrudge Germany and Japan for what they did in WW2.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

The fact that anyone believes any of these stories at all is mind boggling.

Historic records from 2000+ years ago are totally reliable I'm sure....
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Skid Mark wrote: May 7th, '24, 18:29 Yes, the Romans literally killed Jesus but they were merely following the wishes of the Pharisees and the mob. The Jews were responsible.
Right because the Roman governor of Judea had no choice but to kill an innocent man because "the Jews" wanted him to. Sounds plausible. :roll:
Skid Mark wrote: May 7th, '24, 18:29However, that was 2000 years ago. Today, there is no grudge against Jews by most Christians, just as we don't begrudge Germany and Japan for what they did in WW2
That might be true for you and your little sect, but I think antisemitism is still very much alive and well in many other Christian sects. There's certainly a pervasive history of it of which both you and Gaetz appear to be ignorant.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Skid Mark wrote: May 7th, '24, 18:29 Yes, the Romans literally killed Jesus but they were merely following the wishes of the Pharisees and the mob. The Jews were responsible. However, that was 2000 years ago. Today, there is no grudge against Jews by most Christians, just as we don't begrudge Germany and Japan for what they did in WW2.
Yes, let's review the past 125 or so years of everything from pervasive discrimination to attempted extermination, not to mention current Congressional representatives who comment on Jewish space lasers and more. Yep...no grudge at all. The fact that you call it a "grudge" immediately suggests your belief that Jews killed Christ and defines your antisemitic bias.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

Bubba wrote: May 7th, '24, 20:19
Skid Mark wrote: May 7th, '24, 18:29 Yes, the Romans literally killed Jesus but they were merely following the wishes of the Pharisees and the mob. The Jews were responsible. However, that was 2000 years ago. Today, there is no grudge against Jews by most Christians, just as we don't begrudge Germany and Japan for what they did in WW2.
Yes, let's review the past 125 or so years of everything from pervasive discrimination to attempted extermination, not to mention current Congressional representatives who comment on Jewish space lasers and more. Yep...no grudge at all. The fact that you call it a "grudge" immediately suggests your belief that Jews killed Christ and defines your antisemitic bias.
I said "today" and "most Christians". A real Christian lives by "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us".

Fascist and Marxists, like the antifa scum many people on this forum support, use envy and division to promote their vision for society. Hence antisemitism lives on, as we are now witnessing at universities like Columbia and Yale.

Where is your outrage on this?