Timing of Killington Forward

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: Timing of Killington Forward

Post by snoloco »

Which they'll still have in the K1, Vale, Bear, and Skyeship lots, as well as the closer spots to the village.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Trying to picture spring skiing without the Supe access road. I don't like the picture.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

The access road isn't going anywhere, at least up by Superstar.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

snoloco wrote: May 8th, '24, 17:46 The access road isn't going anywhere, at least up by Superstar.
Don't know what you mean by "up by Superstar", but where is the Supe access road in this drawing?
Attachments
Capture+_2024-05-08-20-37-03.png
Capture+_2024-05-08-20-37-03.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 612 times
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Why are we still looking at old notional drawings without scale or accuracy? These are wet dreams.

Count me in for a condo on Yodeler Run though.
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

snoloco wrote: May 8th, '24, 17:28 Which they'll still have in the K1, Vale, Bear, and Skyeship lots, as well as the closer spots to the village.
Half of the Bear lot will be gone soon with the development there. If you look at the drawing above Vale is gone and covered with a development. And the KBL lot is shrunk with all the parking near the bubble and Bay 1 gone. And then of course no one will be able to park on the road. We all know the lots overflow and the road is parked down to the look out on busy weekends. Skyship parking extends a mile in either direction on route 4. So I’m just trying to come up with a percentage of parking lost in my head but I’m going to say 2/3rds of the existing parking disappears. I hear people thinking that property values of existing property in the area increases with the village. Considering how much less desirable the ski experience will be with all the ski to your car parking gone, is that really a logical conclusion? Will we really see an increase in skier visits? Will more people want to “live” here in places where driving and shuttling is the norm?? Demand is what drives prices. I’m sure some group of people will buy their way out of the inconvenience and buy in the village. But will more people be clamoring for this kind of crappy and inconvenient experience after the village is build vs now?
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

That's a conceptual drawing from 20 years ago, and it's not necessarily representative of what's being built now. As for being able to ski back to the car, on the days I ski at Stratton, I park at the Sun Bowl and do just that. It's actually closer to the snow surface than many of Killington's lots.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

So where on these drawings is the replacement parking lots? Will killington become a private resort for only the homeowners?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Big Bob wrote: May 10th, '24, 05:43 So where on these drawings is the replacement parking lots? Will killington become a private resort for only the homeowners?
Parking lots will line the access road from Mary Lou's up to the Distillery. There is a map somewhere.
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

180 wrote: May 10th, '24, 08:02
Big Bob wrote: May 10th, '24, 05:43 So where on these drawings is the replacement parking lots? Will killington become a private resort for only the homeowners?
Parking lots will line the access road from Mary Lou's up to the Distillery. There is a map somewhere.
Unless they put a lift and a “ski to the parking lots” trail in, that ruins Killington. For me and I’m sure many other folks, if I have to deal with that it makes it such a cluster f that it’s not really worth going. For the 5-10 day a year skier that fully immerses themselves into the Disney like experience of a ski day, that may be ok. But for folks who live nearby and want to ski every day and still balance family, a job, etc that is not workable.
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Parking highlighted
Attachments
TIF.jpg
TIF.jpg (329.83 KiB) Viewed 224 times
HomeyTim
Beginner On Rentals

Post by HomeyTim »

Skivt2 wrote: May 10th, '24, 09:55
180 wrote: May 10th, '24, 08:02
Unless they put a lift and a “ski to the parking lots” trail in, that ruins Killington. For me and I’m sure many other folks, if I have to deal with that it makes it such a cluster f that it’s not really worth going. For the 5-10 day a year skier that fully immerses themselves into the Disney like experience of a ski day, that may be ok. But for folks who live nearby and want to ski every day and still balance family, a job, etc that is not workable.
The "5-10 day a year skier" is where all the money is. They spend money on rentals for the kids, lunch for the family, maybe some cocktails, maybe some lessons etc. People like me with weekday passes that ski a few million vert per year and bring their own lunch are a DISASTER for Killington. In the past 4 years, other than my season pass, I've spent a grand total of $70 at Killington. When it gets late in the season I always watch my back because I suspect Solimano's got a hitman out looking for me...

As far as K is concerned, I'm a deadbeat and should ski at Okemo or Sugarbush.

But don't sweat the parking situation, at this pace, its likely to only impact your great grandchildren.