WANTED - Salomon Xtra Hot - Size 185

Buying or Selling Gear, Post Information Here
skialta
Green Skidder

WANTED - Salomon Xtra Hot - Size 185

Post by skialta »

Just thought I would throw this up here, looking for a slightly used pair, demo'd em last year and fell in love!

Now it looks like Salomon isn't making them anymore so now I am in panic mode!!!

Thanks!

matt_hendricks@yahoo.com
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

You screwed up. They could be had new on eBay over the summer for sub-$500. Somebody in Ludlow sold a new pair in early September that went for $435. The last good deal. They sold another pair a few weeks later that I got outbid on for $577. Overpriced. That was $100 more than I was willing to pay.

The only pair on eBay at the moment is 2 model years old and was used as a demo/rental. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
eBay Scream Xtra Hot 185

This really abused-looking pair didn't sell last week:
Last week's dog

It's really strange that they don't have a pilot system ski like the Xtra Hot in their line this year. I have a pair that just had bindings put on them last April. 2 Kmart days and 8 Chile days. I have a 2nd pair that have a jillion days on them. No camber left at all. They don't have any edge grip left. My rock skis. If I see a pair on eBay going at a reasonable price and don't snag them myself, I'll let you know. There are probably quite a few pairs languishing in shops in the Pacific Northwest where they had a bad snow year last year.
skialta
Green Skidder

ebay

Post by skialta »

Yeah, I've been on ebay once a week looking for them, I saw the 2 sales that you mention as well. Def overpriced, will hold out.

I'm on my...3rd pair of X Screams, the pair I have now I replaced one of the ski's and got a big nick near the edge so who knows how long that will hold before it blows so decided to start shopping for the Xtra's.

It is odd that they dropped it, looks like Salomon's gone full freestyle and ski racing in their line this year, I didn't really see anything "all mountain".

Haven't made it up to Basin Ski Shop, was hoping they might have a demo or two still there for sale...I can dream can't I!!!
Geoff
Whipping Post

Re: ebay

Post by Geoff »

skialta wrote:Yeah, I've been on ebay once a week looking for them, I saw the 2 sales that you mention as well. Def overpriced, will hold out.

I'm on my...3rd pair of X Screams, the pair I have now I replaced one of the ski's and got a big nick near the edge so who knows how long that will hold before it blows so decided to start shopping for the Xtra's.

It is odd that they dropped it, looks like Salomon's gone full freestyle and ski racing in their line this year, I didn't really see anything "all mountain".

Haven't made it up to Basin Ski Shop, was hoping they might have a demo or two still there for sale...I can dream can't I!!!
I'm likely on my last pair of Salomons for a while. They went from best of breed to invisible in just a few years. I expect to be doing quite a bit of demoing this year. It's been really nice to be able to take trips and only need one pair of skis in the bag.

I'm not sure I'd want to buy Xtra Hot demos from any shop at Killington. An Xtra Hot would get the snot pounded out of it every 3" powder day and a 185 isn't going to be taken out by some 90 pound weakling.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

The Basin still has em new with the 912Ti binding.

Scream 10 Pilot X-tra Hot. w/s 912Ti $1075 Sale $537.50

http://www.basinski.com/specials.html
ImageImageImageImage
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Stormchaser wrote:The Basin still has em new with the 912Ti binding.

Scream 10 Pilot X-tra Hot. w/s 912Ti $1075 Sale $537.50

http://www.basinski.com/specials.html
Yeah, in a 165. Skialta is looking for a 185.
skialta
Green Skidder

Ski's

Post by skialta »

Just to let you know I got an email about a pair available through ebay, but the starting price is like $650!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1