Obama's world

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Obama's world

Post by deadheadskier »

steamboat1 wrote:For a guy who claims to be so tolerant you sure to like calling other people names.
Hello kettle
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Seems to me the flashpoint was his firing. Am I misreading it?
and up until then he had no idea what a beheading was? then it just popped into his head and he acted upon it?

So if you behead someone you're automatically a Muslim extremist? I don't get it.then you obviously didn't read the previous post about his FB posts...
Nolen, who was charged with first-degree murder last week and is likely to face the death penalty, "openly admitted to beheading" Hufford and trying to do the same to Johnson, according to a court affidavit. Authorities said he told investigators he had felt "oppressed" at work and was angry with Johnson, who had filed the complaint that led to his suspension. Johnson, who is white, and Nolen, who is African-American, had gotten into an argument about race, according to law enforcement officials.

While Nolen told police he had deliberately gone after Johnson and planned to attack two other people, Hufford had not been a specific target, Mashburn said. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, the first person Nolen ran into
So the above seems to be commensurate with the flash point of being fired. Similar to what's happened at other workplaces (e.g., KRAFT outside Philadelphia a few years ago).
madhatter wrote:if you believe that his "islamic" background had absolutely nothing to do with his actions in any way or that race was not the reason for his suspension or the motivating factor in carrying out these jihadi-like actions, that's your prerogative...

but this isn't a workplace dispute over anything work related, career related or similar, this was retaliation for personal differences that led to his suspension...
I don't think he acted out to kill infidels and expand Muslim control of Oklahoma, no. I do think he was pissed at being fired so he went ape sh*t. he was suspended for racial differences he had at work that apparently the employer considered inappropriate... by apesh*t do you mean " carried out the very acts he posted on his page that are common acts perpetrated by radical islamics? do you not think that not only does he feel oppressed racially by white people but religiously as well? especially given his FB postings?If he was a white christian and behead another white christian as a result of being fired, would he be a christian extremist? c'mon white christians use guns, burning at the stake and cyanide laced koolaid...Seriously, I haven't seen this happen that I remember? if the person had posted favorably about christian terrorism and techniques specifically associated with them and then carried them out I most certainly would....but there seems top be few if any cases of this line of thinking among christians in the modern world and those who do think and or act that way are most certainly considered religious extremists, though usually not thought of as christians who's leaders aren;t on record as advocating that type of behavior... A Muslim extremist? Would it be terrorism?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

steamboat1 wrote:For a guy who claims to be so tolerant you sure to like calling other people names.
deadheadskiers hate is the good hate and thus no matter how offbased and untrue it may be it's not only acceptable but commendable as well...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

deadheadskier wrote:
Hello kettle
Never claimed to be tolerant unlike yourself.

Anyway this thread went off the deep end. Have fun calling eachother names.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

steamboat1 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
Hello kettle
Never claimed to be tolerant unlike yourself.

Anyway this thread went off the deep end. Have fun calling each other names.
deadheads, hallucinogenics and delusions tend to have that effect wherever they present themselves...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:Good luck with with that ! But if the women here are wearing Burkas then you can bet Sharia Law will be the reason why ! Also it was your Democratic Party that were the KKK leaders , it was the Republicans led by Lincoln who freed the slaves and fought the KKK and that KKK also killed Catholics and Jews and it's leaders and players were Southern Baptists ........
So go phuck yourself and get a clue !
A woman wearing a burqa must be adhering to Sharia law, thus must be anti-American. So a Jew wearing a yarmulke, adhering to religious law, must also be anti-American?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Good luck with with that ! But if the women here are wearing Burkas then you can bet Sharia Law will be the reason why ! Also it was your Democratic Party that were the KKK leaders , it was the Republicans led by Lincoln who freed the slaves and fought the KKK and that KKK also killed Catholics and Jews and it's leaders and players were Southern Baptists ........
A woman wearing a burqa must be adhering to Sharia law, thus must be anti-American. So a Jew wearing a yarmulke, adhering to religious law, must also be anti-American?
I addressed your question earlier...
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:Me personally? I'm completely anti-organized religion. I think throughout history, man made organized religion has caused more harm than good. But, I will never, ever tell someone else what they can or cannot believe provided they do no harm or attempt to restrict the freedom of others.
You may not tell them what they can (or cannot) believe, but you'll assert their beliefs are made up. I don't really see a difference. Isn't this the same as Madhatter asserting a burkha is commensurate with sharia law ... he's not telling you (or anyone else) what they can or can't believe, but asserting his opinion as fact. This is the same thing you're doing in your post quoted above.
If I'm misunderstood, my point is live and let live.well except for all the demands you and your party make of everyone else... I do not care if your Christian, Muslim or Jew. I do not share your beliefs, but I'm cool with you no one needs your approval, kinda weak that you imagine they do...as long as you do no harm to or restrict the freedom of others. ah if only this were even remotely possible, but that would be full out libertarianism and that of course would result in anarchy and eventual chaos which would come full circle and negate the bold... Seeing someone walking down the street in a Burqa is no different for me than seeing someone in traditional Hasidic Jewish attire. well except for the fact that hasidic jews don't really have a reputation for being suicide bombers or chanting death to america, yer probably right...

There's a big difference between this belief and the numerous people in this thread who are pigeonholing all Muslims as extremists no one did that, you made it up and moron Atomic who thinks Obama is trying to spread Islam and challenging me that I would like to see the same.
numerous examples of obama's sympathy and preferential treatment of islamic nations and principles has been well documented in this thread you've absolutely ignored every one of them in favor your imagined reality...
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:
Anyone who dresses in a way to expose their religion on a daily basis may not be anti-American, but they probably have a greater allegiance to their religion than their country. These are dangerous people. Do you think they get to the age where they can make good life choices and sit down and look at all of the religions? Nope, they accept the religion they were born into by chance and accept it blindly.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Anyone who dresses in a way to expose their religion on a daily basis may not be anti-American, but they probably have a greater allegiance to their religion than their country. These are dangerous people. Do you think they get to the age where they can make good life choices and sit down and look at all of the religions? Nope, they accept the religion they were born into by chance and accept it blindly.
juan williams got fired from NPR for saying pretty much what you said right there....
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Boy, this is quite the assertion.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
freeski wrote: Anyone who dresses in a way to expose their religion on a daily basis may not be anti-American, but they probably have a greater allegiance to their religion than their country. These are dangerous people. Do you think they get to the age where they can make good life choices and sit down and look at all of the religions? Nope, they accept the religion they were born into by chance and accept it blindly.
Boy, this is quite the assertion.
Gotta agree with XJ there. I see a lot of cross jewelry worn, usually necklaces on women. Or stars of David. None were dangerous, and I somehow doubt it conflicted with their being american. I do have to wonder how a woman functions in a burqa in certain situations here in the US: How does she do anything for which a photo ID is required? How is she processed if arrested? And then we have Kim Davis, not a Muslim, who puts her religion above (one of) her country's laws. Even the US Marines say, "God, Country, Corp" They place God first, but they accept the Marine Corps Regulations.

While the Bible instructs stoning for adultery (Deuteronomy 22:13-29), or preaching a different religion (Deuteronomy 13:6-11), or a half dozen other offenses, I don't see Christians doing this. There is a recognition in Christianity and Judaism of modern criminal law. This is the fundamental difference: The only religion that is on the radar screen currently that does not recognize modern criminal law and justifies killing for religious reasons is the extremist branches (and there are many branches) of the Muslim faith. No other group, person, or faith has accumulated the track record shown below, and this is a partial list:

18 April 1983 – 1983 United States embassy bombing 63 killed, 120 wounded.
23 October 1983 – 1983 Beirut barracks bombing 305 killed, 75 wounded.
26 February 1993 – World Trade Center bombing, New York City. Six killed.
13 March 1993 – 1993 Bombay bombings. Mumbai, India. 250 dead, 700 injured.
28 July 1994 – Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vehicle suicide bombing attack against AMIA building, the local Jewish community representation. 85 dead, more than 300 injured.
24 December 1994 – Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by three members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist. Seven killed, including the hijackers.
25 June 1996 – Khobar Towers bombing, 20 killed, 372 wounded.
17 November 1997 – Luxor attack, six terrorists attack tourists at Egypts famous Luxor Ruins. 68 foreign tourists killed.
14 February 1998 – Bombing in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. 13 bombs explode within a 12 km radius. 46 killed and over 200 injured.
7 August 1998 – 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured.
4 September 1999 – A series of bombing attacks in several cities of Russia, nearly 300 killed.
12 October 2000 – Attack on the USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.
11 September 2001 – Four planes hijacked and crashed into World Trade Center, The Pentagon and into a field in Shanksville by 19 hijackers. 2,977 killed and over 6,000 injured.[263]
13 December 2001 – Suicide attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations, Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba. Aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country. 7 dead, 12 injured.
27 March 2002 – Suicide bomb attack on a Passover Seder in a Hotel in Netanya, Israel. 30 dead, 133 injured.
30 March 2002 and 24 November 2002 – Attacks on the Hindu Raghunath temple, India. Total 25 dead.
24 September 2002 – Machine gun attack on Hindu temple in Ahmedabad, India. 31 dead, 86 injured.[264][265]
12 October 2002 – Bombing in Bali nightclub. 202 killed, 300 injured.[266]
16 May 2003 – Casablanca Attacks – Four simultaneous attacks in Casablanca killing 33 civilians (mostly Moroccans) carried by Salafia Jihadia.
11 March 2004 – Multiple bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured (alleged link to Al-Qaeda).
1 September 2004 – Beslan school hostage crisis, approximately 344 civilians including 186 children killed.[267][268]
2 November 2004 – The murder of Theo van Gogh (film director) by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.[269]
5 July 2005 – Attack at the Hindu Ram temple at Ayodhya, India; one of the most holy sites of Hinduism. 6 dead.
7 July 2005 – Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.
23 July 2005 – Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.
29 October 2005 – 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings, India. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival.[270]
9 November 2005 – 2005 Amman bombings. a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Over 60 killed and 115 injured.[271][272] Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.[273]
7 March 2006 – 2006 Varanasi bombings, India. A series of attacks in the Sankatmochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi. 28 killed and over 100 injured.[274]
11 July 2006 – 11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings, Mumbai, India; a series of seven bomb blasts that took place over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai. 209 killed and over 700 injured.
14 August 2007 – Qahtaniya bombings: Four suicide vehicle bombers massacred nearly 800 members of northern Iraq's Yazidi sect in the deadliest Iraq war's attack to date.
26 July 2008 – 2008 Ahmedabad bombings, India. slamic terrorists detonate at least 21 explosive devices in the heart of this industrial capital, leaving at least 56 dead and 200 injured. A Muslim group calling itself the Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility. Indian authorities believe that extremists with ties to Pakistan and/or Bangladesh are likely responsible and are intent on inciting communal violence.[275] Investigation by Indian police led to the eventual arrest of a number of terrorists suspected of carrying out the blasts, most of whom belong to a well-known terrorist group, the Students Islamic Movement of India.[276]
13 September 2008 – Bombing series in Delhi, India. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.
26 November 2008 – Muslim extremists kill at least 174 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's largest city and financial capital, Mumbai. he government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government has refused. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.[277][278]
25 October 2009 – Baghdad, Iraq. During a terrorist attack, two bomber vehicles detonated in the Green Zone, killing at least 155 people and injuring 520.
28 October 2009 – Peshawar, Pakistan. A car bomb is detonated in a woman exclusive shopping district, and over 110 killed and over 200 injured.
3 December 2009 – Mogadishu, Somalia. A male suicide bomber disguised as a woman detonates in a hotel meeting hall. The hotel was hosting a graduation ceremony for local medical students when the blast went off, killing four government ministers as well as other civilians.[279]
1 January 2010 – Lakki Marwat, Pakistan. A suicide car bomber drove his explosive-laden vehicle into a volleyball pitch as people gathered to watch a match killing more than 100 people.[280]
1 May 2010 – New York, New York, USA. Faisal Shahzad, an Islamic Pakistani American who received U.S. citizenship in December 2009, attempted to detonate a car bomb in Times Square working with the Pakistani Taliban or Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan–
13 May 2011 – Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed attacks on two mosques simultaneously belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others.[281]
13 July 2011 – Three bombs exploded at different locations in Mumbai, perpetrated by Indian Mujahideen.
11 September 2012 – The 2012 Benghazi Attack took place on the evening of September 11, 2012; Islamic militants attacked the American diplomatic mission at Benghazi, in Libya, killing U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and Sean Smith, U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer.[282]
15 April 2013 – Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev set off two pressure cooker bombs at the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon and killed three people.
22 May 2013 – Two Nigerian men attack and kill British Soldier, Lee Rigby in Woolwich, London, UK.[283]
22 September 2013 – 61 civilians, 6 Kenyan soldiers, and 5 attackers die in the Westgate shopping mall attack.
1 March 2014 Kunming attack – Kunming, China. A group of knife-wielding Uyghur attackers stormed Kunming Railway Station, killing 29 civilians and wounding 143 people. 4 of the attackers were shot dead.
7 January 2015 – Charlie Hebdo shooting - Two masked gunmen armed with Kalashnikov rifles and shotguns stormed the headquarters of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris. They shot and killed 12 people, and wounded 11 others.
26 June 2015 – Three separate attacks in a single day by ISIS terrorists, during the month of Ramadan,[284] were carried out: in a US-owned gas factory outside Lyon, France, a man driving a delivery van gained entry and caused a massive explosion, leaving the head of his decapitated boss impaled on the factory's fence;[285] in the Tunisian resort of Sousse, an ISIS gunman opened fire on tourists, targeting British holiday makers in particular, killing 38 people;[286] and in Kuwait City, a suicide bomber detonated himself in a mosque packed with around 2,000 people, killing at least 25 people.[287]

So while not all brown speckled snakes are copperheads, and I am not fearful of all snakes, I don't find it unwise to be wary of brown speckled snakes in the woods until I find out if it is a copperhead or not.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote: Anyone who dresses in a way to expose their religion on a daily basis may not be anti-American, but they probably have a greater allegiance to their religion than their country. These are dangerous people. Do you think they get to the age where they can make good life choices and sit down and look at all of the religions? Nope, they accept the religion they were born into by chance and accept it blindly.
Really? An American orthodox Jew has a greater allegiance to being Jewish than being an American? Wow! Just wow! Tell that to all the German Jews who Hitler put to death because they decided to stay in Germany rather than flee during the 1930s. Why didn't they leave? Because they were Germans. That was truly an idiotic assertion freeski...

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:An American orthodox Jew has a greater allegiance to being Jewish than being an American
If you believe in god in a literal way then it would only be logical for your religion to be more important than your country. It would have to be. As far as people leaving Germany there were probably as many reasons as there were people who stayed. I'd be surprised if they stayed because they were patriotic. I'd think they were victims of circumstances; not trying to make light of their plight. Obviously the most horrible sick event in all of mankind. Incredible it even took place especially at the scale. That's one of the reasons I'm so pissed off at the leaders of the world not coming down hard and fast on ISIS. I was touched by Netanyahu's speech at the U.N. for those 45 seconds he had me.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:An American orthodox Jew has a greater allegiance to being Jewish than being an American
If you believe in god in a literal way then it would only be logical for your religion to be more important than your country. It would have to be. As far as people leaving Germany there were probably as many reasons as there were people who stayed. I'd be surprised if they stayed because they were patriotic. I'd think they were victims of circumstances; not trying to make light of their plight. Obviously the most horrible sick event in all of mankind. Incredible it even took place especially at the scale. That's one of the reasons I'm so pissed off at the leaders of the world not coming down hard and fast on ISIS. I was touched by Netanyahu's speech at the U.N. for those 45 seconds he had me.
What you said was "Anyone who dresses in a way to expose their religion on a daily basis may not be anti-American, but they probably have a greater allegiance to their religion than their country". That does not necessarily equate to "If you believe in god in a literal way then it would only be logical for your religion to be more important than your country" and it absolutely doesn't represent the reasons behind why an orthodox Jew wears a yarmulke in public. Your logic is certainly questionable, to say the least.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

If you believe in god in a literal way then it would follow that you would have a greater allegiance to religion than country. :D

I thought for sure people would be upset by the "These are dangerous people" part of the statement. Mr. Moose after posting I thought about the cross, but that's jewelry.

Bubba, so, why do orthodox Jews wear yarmulke in public? I've always wondered what they are for.