Close the southern border now

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Close the southern border now

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:Everybody who says a wall is useless is just foolish. Look anywhere, keeping people out of somewhere starts with a barrier.
Tell that to the Frenchman Andre Maginot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I remember hearing several times some Democrats stating they would support a "barrier", they politically don't use the word wall as it is the same word Trump uses.

Here is one example from earlier:

Clyburn, the third-ranking House Democrat, is proposing what he calls a “smart wall,” a border security strategy that uses technology, not concrete.
The South Carolina congressman explained his “wall” would involve drones, scanners, and sensors “to create a technological barrier too high to climb over, too wide to go around, and too deep to burrow under.”
His terminology matters because Democrats have signaled they’re willing to make a deal on border security that, at least rhetorically, would include some sort of barrier.
They just need to label their plan carefully, and finding the right words and tone is going to be a major theme as congressional negotiators continue to seek a deal next week.

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't use physical force, and you don't have a wall with adequate deterrents, how exactly do you stop people from crossing the border? Surveillance isn't enough, what are you going to do when surveillance shows a parade of dozens, hundreds or thousands of people crossing?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote:I remember hearing several times some Democrats stating they would support a "barrier", they politically don't use the word wall as it is the same word Trump uses.

Here is one example from earlier:

Clyburn, the third-ranking House Democrat, is proposing what he calls a “smart wall,” a border security strategy that uses technology, not concrete.
The South Carolina congressman explained his “wall” would involve drones, scanners, and sensors “to create a technological barrier too high to climb over, too wide to go around, and too deep to burrow under.”
His terminology matters because Democrats have signaled they’re willing to make a deal on border security that, at least rhetorically, would include some sort of barrier.
They just need to label their plan carefully, and finding the right words and tone is going to be a major theme as congressional negotiators continue to seek a deal next week.

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't use physical force, and you don't have a wall with adequate deterrents, how exactly do you stop people from crossing the border? Surveillance isn't enough, what are you going to do when surveillance shows a parade of dozens, hundreds or thousands of people crossing?
Maybe Clyburn meant to say the drones involved would be armed? :lol:
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Most other countries would use landmines butt, we need to be the good guys.

You know if we wanted to stop the flow we could do it with 5 mail carriers :-)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I'm in favor of flamethrowers at the border and summary deportation to Antarctica.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:If you don't use physical force, and you don't have a wall with adequate deterrents, how exactly do you stop people from crossing the border? Surveillance isn't enough, what are you going to do when surveillance shows a parade of dozens, hundreds or thousands of people crossing?
I believe the theory is that you use automated surveillance equipment/drones to locate people trying to cross the border, then dispatch a team of border control agents to intercept them. The idea being that the money you would use for a wall, which still has to be patrolled by actual people to be effective, could be put to better use going toward this surveillance equipment and hiring more border patrol agents. In short, use technology to do more with less, just like what happens in the private sector all the time.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:If you don't use physical force, and you don't have a wall with adequate deterrents, how exactly do you stop people from crossing the border? Surveillance isn't enough, what are you going to do when surveillance shows a parade of dozens, hundreds or thousands of people crossing?
I believe the theory is that you use automated surveillance equipment/drones to locate people trying to cross the border, then dispatch a team of border control agents to intercept them. yeah that's working so well...camera sees intruders as they cross border, agents arrive hours later to accomplish nothing...The idea being that the money you would use for a wall, which still has to be patrolled by actual people to be effective, could be put to better use going toward this surveillance equipment and hiring more border patrol agents. In short, use technology to do more with less, just like what happens in the private sector all the time.
actually a wall is a pretty effective barrier especially one with anti-scaling and protection against tunneling ( both scaling ( common with standard fence/wall) and tunneling ( rare and ambitious w large scale resources required) are far more time consuming than crossing an imaginary line in the sand protected solely by a camera or drone...walls also funnel people to choke points or terminate at in hospitable crossings...anything we can do to make the attempt to cross more difficult, time consuming and likely to fail is plus...

until we are able to purge the dumpofcrap scourge in the house there is no way to remove the greatest incentive to come here...the easily exploitable "asylum" program and the lawbreakers who abet those asylum seekers by thwarting federal law and authorities via sanctuary cities and other " blind-eye" law enforcement...

yer idiot "theory" is flawed and guaranteed to be ineffective unless those drones can shoot intruders as they cross...there is absolutely no way to dispatch personnel to intercept illegal crossers in any effective way...maybe try thinking things through instead of filtering it through your "evil orange lens"...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Kpdemello wrote:
I believe the theory is that you use automated surveillance equipment/drones to locate people trying to cross the border, then dispatch a team of border control agents to intercept them. The idea being that the money you would use for a wall, which still has to be patrolled by actual people to be effective, could be put to better use going toward this surveillance equipment and hiring more border patrol agents. In short, use technology to do more with less, just like what happens in the private sector all the time.
Or even better put a barrier there (I know people have a problem with the word wall) then put surveillance equipment/drones on the barrier and while people have to take the time to get past the barrier they are still there when the border patrol agents get there to arrest them. Why do we want to reinvent the wheel? Nobody had a problem with a wall until Trump wanted one.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Or, spend the money on solutions that will actually solve the problem, like aid to the countries producing all these refugees and a real plan to handle the current refugee influx.

I thought the Trump administration was on to something when they were talking about a regional solution and getting other countries to agree to take some refugees. Of course the only way that could work is if the U.S. agreed to take some, too. I suspect Trump would never ok that kind of deal so I wasn't surprised when it didn't go anywhere.

Trump keeps painting this as a security crisis. I see it differently. I see it as a humanitarian crisis. These aren't invaders looking to subvert our country. They're regular people fleeing a bad situation. Putting up a wall won't solve anything. It's a waste of resources.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:Or, spend the money on solutions that will actually solve the problem, like aid to the countries producing all these refugees and a real plan to handle the current refugee influx.

I thought the Trump administration was on to something when they were talking about a regional solution and getting other countries to agree to take some refugees. Of course the only way that could work is if the U.S. agreed to take some, too. pretty sure we already take thousands and will continue to process asylum seekers...we'll still take legitimate asy,um seekers who are pre-approved prior to entry...I suspect Trump would never ok that kind of deal so I wasn't surprised when it didn't go anywhere.

Trump keeps painting this as a security crisis.any illegitimate breech of a countries border is a security crisis... I see it differently. I see it as a humanitarian crisis.it is also a humanitarian crisis... These aren't invaders looking to subvert our country.yet they KNOW they are breaking the law to come here even though there is a LEGAL process in place...so yeah they most certainly are trying to subvert our laws... They're regular people fleeing a bad situation. Putting up a wall won't solve anything. It's a waste of resources.
termites aren't there to ruin your house either...that's not a reason not to prevent them from entering your house in the first place...

your talking point about " walls don't work" is nonsense just STFU already....you are only opposed because your evil orange filter tells you to be...well that and schumer....ya gotta do what they tell you...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

number one answer s/b virtually anything....
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Please spread the word to all potential illegal aliens that they are going to be held in concentration camps until they are deported.

https://www.gq.com/story/us-border-concentration-camps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

This hits the nail on the head............

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ges-exodus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... ant-crisis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How do you stop remittances?
When all of these elements are stitched together and viewed holistically, it can appear as if the economic model these governments have adopted is one based on exporting people. That might be an oversimplification - and it may not be the governments’ intent - but it is the net effect of the policy mix, according to longtime observers of the region.

"Migration is part of the model," said Seynabou Sakho, the World Bank’s director for Central America. “A country may not have a big deficit, but at the same time, the needs of its people aren’t being met.”

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

I can't help but agree with the diagnosis of the problem.
[Trump] vented publicly for days about a migrant caravan moving toward the border late last year. And then in May, he lashed out against Mexico, saying its government wasn’t doing enough to detain and process those migrating illegally or seeking asylum. He threatened to punish Mexico by imposing tariffs, only to back off the idea days later when Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador pledged to expand the deployment of the national guard along the country’s southern border.

The migrants, though, will keep coming until things change radically at home.

“There is a need to invest much more in human capital, whether we are talking about health, whether we are talking about education, whether we are talking about social protection,” said Sakho, the World Bank director. “This has been really at the root of the lack of economic opportunities that we are seeing that are leading to migration.”
Sounds like Trump is doing everything except addressing the actual problem. Punishing Mexico, for one, does little to nothing to stem the flow, because Mexico isn't causing the problem. Cutting off aid to these countries doesn't help solve the problem. Building a wall doesn't help solve the problem because these desperate people will just find ways around it. How about addressing the root problem, which appears to be the insecurity and lack of economic opportunity in these countries?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
I can't help but agree with the diagnosis of the problem.
[Trump] vented publicly for days about a migrant caravan moving toward the border late last year. And then in May, he lashed out against Mexico, saying its government wasn’t doing enough to detain and process those migrating illegally or seeking asylum. He threatened to punish Mexico by imposing tariffs, only to back off the idea days later when Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador pledged to expand the deployment of the national guard along the country’s southern border.

The migrants, though, will keep coming until things change radically at home.

“There is a need to invest much more in human capital, whether we are talking about health, whether we are talking about education, whether we are talking about social protection,” said Sakho, the World Bank director. “This has been really at the root of the lack of economic opportunities that we are seeing that are leading to migration.”
Sounds like Trump is addressing the actual problem. Punishing Mexico, for one, does little to nothing to stem the flow, because Mexico isn't causing the problem. seems like mexico is responding...Cutting off aid to these countries doesn't help solve the problem. Building a wall doesn't help solve the problem because these desperate people will just find ways around it. nice talking point...stupid as fvck but ya know it;s a D talking point so not like reality has any bearing on it...How about addressing the root problem, which appears to be the insecurity and lack of economic opportunity in these countries?sounds like a "those countries" kind of problem...
he's the president of the US not mexico or sesspodilajara...the problem is people coming over OUR border....he's definitely addressing that...D's are just obstructing...they don't know how to do anything else...

yer still an imbecile though...way to be consistent...
mach es sehr schnell