OT: My good deed

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

yeti wrote:Well, I am not much of a treehugger... but my son (#2) has really touched me so I felt a need to save the baby ducks.

#2 (David Matthew) was born on Monday BTW - 7lbs 9oz and healthy as a horse.

All that worry for a full term (+2 days), big boy. Damn. Mission accomplished!
Hey congrats on the birth of your son Yeti. I wish you and your family well. Good first name!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I like the second name better :wink:
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

yeti wrote:Well, I am not much of a treehugger... but my son (#2) has really touched me so I felt a need to save the baby ducks.

Congratulations Yeti and wife on the birth of your new son!!!
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

I took this today, i live in the goose humping capital of PA, at least once a week i can catch these guys crossing the street with the mommy in front and the daddy in back.

MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

tyrolean_skier wrote:

What she said! Congrats!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

he gonna play football?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

SkiDork wrote:he gonna play football?
Dork, please refrain from making this a sports post or it will have to be moved! :lol:
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

tyrolean_skier wrote:

Great job saving the duckies! Oh and great job making a new son! CONGRATULATIONS!
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

ha once again the mouse has got ya all beat

check this out"

My girl and i are driving almost outa town, but not all the way, on the main drag a few weeks ago. We we're driving along in her jeep and i'm blazed as usual... and we roll buy a street, i see movement on the corner. As i'm about to say "were there a bunch of f*** racoons running around in the day light wtf wtf" she's all "did you see those racoons" :lol:

So we flip a bitch in the road and go back and pull over accross from them on the shoulder. the car that was behind us - now infront, had stopped , and a Mother racoon and her babbys, maybe 10... went dashing under the car.

Now this is where it gets weird ;) But really.. Where would they have all came from? My guess is some one just dumped them off... cuz as said the guy behind us stopped , they were flipping out (the racoons) and ran under his car for shelter... so, how there ended up on the cornere when we drove by, you got me.

The poor mother is running around going crazy, but not sick/rabbies crazy. Cars ofcorse (like 5pm) start pilling up... but my girl, and the guy ahead who stopped... were blocking traffic.

These poor baby raccoons, screaaaaming and Screeeeeeeammming, they could see fine though, couldnt have been too old though still. Ran back to the jeep, and grabbed a sweat shirt... while i ran back, the mother was on her way to the other side of the road w/ one in her mouth.... as i went back she headed for the others so i went to keep that one over on the side of the road he was dropped off at . He freaked out and wanted to fallow his mom back so, i scooped the sucker up and landed him in a ditch going down hill to bushes... ran back, and the mother and i worked on getting them accross. I was straight picking the little fellows up w/ the sweatshirt in my hands though they were the cutest. hahahaha all the god damn people backed up were going ape sh*t

any my stoned ass was the only one helping out, but really how did they get therre they must have just been evicted etc.
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Thank you for all the congrats. This boy is turing out to be easy: sleeps from 12 to 5, eats regularly, strong, and quiet (mostly).

MM - It is good to occaisionally piss off the commuters.... but be careful one might be packing. Those raccoons I am sure appreciate your efforts.

Maybe I am more of a treehugger than I think - but my inclinations are purely practical: these wild resources are finite.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)