Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Jan. 6 Committee Hearings

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Jul 25th, '22, 09:04 Unlike most of you, real patriots saw how Trump was unfairly treated by the deep state for four years.

Then to have election laws thrown out the window yielding the win to a feable dimwit like Sleepy.

Two tiered justice system where only people like Bannon are charged but people like Comey and Clapper face no charges?

The message: succumb to the corrupt deep state swamp or be osterachized.

Trump was right to be pissed on Jan 6.

And to base your opinions on the kangaroo court hearings shows that you only believe in justice if it supports your political beliefs. What does that say about you????
want some cheese with that? keep crying, toddler. two tiered justice system? lets talk about the 17,000 arrested for BLM protests during the first two weeks vs the less than 1000 arrests for 1/6 failed coup!
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 20th, '22, 12:49
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 19th, '22, 18:49 This US Secret Service story is incredible.

They’re told to preserve all records on January 16.

They’re told again on January 25.

They purge texts on January 27.

This seems pretty huge.
It's absolutely wild. I'm more inclined to believe it's due to incompetence than malice, but really, how would I know?

It's irritating that people keep talking about the Jan 6 committee as a "court" or "trial." It's neither. The Jan 6 committee is a grand jury hearing. They're presenting the prosecution's case, and our job is to determine if there's probable cause to bring charges. It doesn't mean Trump's guilty, and he's entitled to his day in court. But that comes after the indictment.
there's nothing about this that suggests incompetence. pence wouldnt go with the secret service because he didn't trust them. i passionately hate pence but what he did that day showed bravery and courage and who knows what alternative universe we would be living in had he left.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

asher2789 wrote: Jul 25th, '22, 19:23
easyrider16 wrote: Jul 22nd, '22, 13:26 I really don't understand this ride or die with Trump thing. Any idiot who's being honest can see that Trump has been a disaster. Just dump him and go for DeSantis, who basically touts the same paltform but has less baggage and a lot more experience in politics. Is it really just that people are too proud to admit they were wrong?
be careful what you wish for... desantis would actually be successful in having the trains run on time in our fascist future. trump is too unstable to be as successful as desantis.
Do not mistake me - I dislike DeSantis and would prefer a more moderate Republican like Romney or Baker. I was just expressing my confusion as to why people still support Trump, who is obviously a failed president, when there is a clearly better alternative if you're into what Trump is selling.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Nothing to be confused about. The remaining Trumpers are at the bottom of the IQ scale. This much has clearly been proven over the past two years. They also lack the basic understanding that one can dislike both Biden and Trump. It's not a one vs the other situation today. There's no vote being held.

Hopefully we have new choices from both parties for 2024. Hopefully both moderate centrists as well.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Hmmm
Attachments
Screenshot_20220726-101638-131.png
Screenshot_20220726-101638-131.png (228.81 KiB) Viewed 35844 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Scott Adams should’ve stuck to writing Dilbert cartoons. They were funny. His other stuff is more laughable, at least based on his political positions identified on Wikipedia.

Adams has often commented on political matters. In 2016 he wrote on his blog, "I don't vote and I am not a member of a political party."[92] In 2007, he suggested that Michael Bloomberg would make a good presidential candidate.[93] Before the 2008 presidential election he said, "On social issues, I lean libertarian, minus the crazy stuff."[94] In December 2011 he said that if he were president, he would do whatever Bill Clinton advised him to do because that "would lead to policies that are a sensible middle ground."[95] On October 17, 2012, he wrote, "While I don't agree with Romney's positions on most topics, I'm endorsing him for president."[96] In a blog post from September 2017, Adams described himself as being "left of Bernie Sanders, but with a preference for plans that can work."[97]

In 2015, although Adams stated that he would not endorse a candidate for the 2016 elections, he repeatedly praised Donald Trump's persuasion skills.[98][99] He extensively detailed what he called Trump's "talent stack."[100] Adams predicted that Trump would win the Republican nomination and the general election.[101]

Of the 2016 Democratic National Convention, he said the following: "If you're an undecided voter, and male, you're seeing something different. You're seeing a celebration that your role in society is permanently diminished. And it's happening in an impressive venue that was, in all likelihood, designed and built mostly by men."[102] Adams said that he temporarily endorsed Hillary Clinton out of fear for his own life, stating that he had received direct and indirect death threats ("Where I live, in California, it is not safe to be seen as supportive of anything Trump says or does. So I fixed that.").[103] In late September, however, Adams switched his endorsement from Clinton to Trump. Among his primary reasons were his respect for Trump's persuasion skills, Clinton's proposal to raise the inheritance tax, and his concerns over Clinton's health.[104] In mid-October, Adams predicted a Clinton victory would ensure that a male president would never again be elected.[105] He has also stated that being labeled a "Donald Trump apologist" ended his public speaking career and reduced his income by about 40%.[103]

In 2018, Adams similarly praised the persuasion skills of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Politico reported:

Adams, who has studied the art of persuasion, gave Ocasio-Cortez an A+ grade on her persuasion skills in a tweet. He responded to a skeptic who argued that her appeal was limited by responding, "Same thing was said of Donald Trump in 2015."[106]
Adams predicted in March 2020 that Trump, Sanders and Joe Biden would all contract COVID-19 and that one of them would die from it by the end of the year; in December 2020, when all three men remained alive (although Trump did catch the virus and survive), Politico named Adams' prediction one of "the most audacious, confident and spectacularly incorrect prognostications about the year."[107] Adams received further attention in 2021 based on the anniversary of his 2020 prediction that if Biden were to win the 2020 presidential election, then Republicans would be hunted and there's a "good chance" they'll be "dead within a year" and "Police will stand down"—none of which ultimately eventuated.[108]
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Looks like Adams might be getting his facts from Trump's speeches. Multiple staffers are on record under oath contradicting many of those statements.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Can we please ban Scott Adams from passing on his opinion on the Big Lie on the Safe Zone (K-Zone).
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Jul 27th, '22, 06:24 Can we please ban Scott Adams from passing on his opinion on the Big Lie on the Safe Zone (K-Zone).
To add to Scott's list; it wasn't a phucking insurrection!

- Simon and Garfunkel
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

throbster wrote: Jul 27th, '22, 11:42 To add to Scott's list; it wasn't a phucking insurrection!
Only because it was a failed insurrection.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Correct. Hence why people are getting sentenced for seditious conspiracy.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 27th, '22, 12:59 Correct. Hence why people are getting sentenced for seditious conspiracy.
Listen. Birds are not real.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Hey look, Trump just gave a speech in Washington D.C. and every major news media outlet covered it. You can also get the whole thing online via YouTube. I wonder how that's possible with big tech, the deep state, and the Jan 6 committee all working against him?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 27th, '22, 15:04 Hey look, Trump just gave a speech in Washington D.C. and every major news media outlet covered it. You can also get the whole thing online via YouTube. I wonder how that's possible with big tech, the deep state, and the Jan 6 committee all working against him?
RNC part of the deep state now, maybe? :lol:

RNC warning to Trump: If you run for president, we stop paying your legal bills, says official
https://abcnews.go.com/US/rnc-warning-t ... d=87486985
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 27th, '22, 15:04 Hey look, Trump just gave a speech in Washington D.C. and every major news media outlet covered it. You can also get the whole thing online via YouTube. I wonder how that's possible with big tech, the deep state, and the Jan 6 committee all working against him?
I think maybe the networks like ratings. BTW, the media is not the same as Big Tech, the deep state and the Joke committee, pinhead.

- Simon and Garfunkel