Race and the Media

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Race and the Media

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:that's like a yr old, long before the zimmerman/martin incident but I'm sure that's all you got. Black on white crime is far more prevalent than white on black crime but that'll never change the perception of the those who refuse to see.
From BJS: Homicide Trends in the U.S.

86% of white victims were killed by whites
94% of black victims were killed by blacks

Now I would imagine that in Vermont it is far more likely for a black to commit a crime against a white than for a white to commit a crime against a black. But then again, a black person is far more likely to randomly cross paths with a white person than vise-verse.
so 14% of whites killed are killed by non whites and 6% of blacks killed are killed by non blacks. none of which has anything to do with lynch mob retribution type "justice for trayvon" as noted above. this is not the first incident and unfortunately not the last.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:that's like a yr old, long before the zimmerman/martin incident but I'm sure that's all you got. Black on white crime is far more prevalent than white on black crime but that'll never change the perception of the those who refuse to see.

Now I would imagine that in Vermont it is far more likely for a black to commit a crime against a white than for a white to commit a crime against a black. But then again, a black person is far more likely to randomly cross paths with a white person than vise-verse.
so 14% of whites killed are killed by non whites and 6% of blacks killed are killed by non blacks. none of which has anything to do with lynch mob retribution type "justice for trayvon" as noted above. this is not the first incident and unfortunately not the last.
And now you are making exactly the same sort of assumptions you found so outrageous others made about Zimmerman. Here's the original story you posted:

Feds Will Decide If Matthew Owens Beating Is A Hate Crime

MOBILE, Alabama --
Wednesday 6:30 p.m.

Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich says her office met with the U.S. Attorney, FBI and the police department about the Matthew Owens beating case.

They want the feds to decide whether a hate crime was committed.

Owens was beaten by a mob of 20 people Saturday night across the street from his sister's house on Delmar Drive. Despite witnesses telling News 5 that one of the attackers said "This is justice for Trayvon" after the beating, police say the shooting of the unarmed teenager in Samford, Florida was not the reason for this attack.

"I can tell you this without a doubt, 100% certainty, that Trayvon Martin was not the motivating factor in this incident," says Cpl. Chris Levy.

Deputy Chief Lester Hargrove says investigators believe only four people, including Terry Rawls, were directly involved. They believe the rest of the mob just watched.

Police say the beating is the result of a three year neighborhood dispute between Rawls and Owens.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:

And now you are making exactly the same sort of assumptions you found so outrageous others made about Zimmerman. Here's the original story you posted:

Feds Will Decide If Matthew Owens Beating Is A Hate Crime

MOBILE, Alabama --
Wednesday 6:30 p.m.

Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich says her office met with the U.S. Attorney, FBI and the police department about the Matthew Owens beating case.

They want the feds to decide whether a hate crime was committed.

Owens was beaten by a mob of 20 people Saturday night across the street from his sister's house on Delmar Drive. Despite witnesses telling News 5 that one of the attackers said "This is justice for Trayvon" after the beating, police say the shooting of the unarmed teenager I'm sure the police used those wordsin Samford, Florida was not the reason for this attack.

"I can tell you this without a doubt, 100% certainty, that Trayvon Martin was not the motivating factor in this incident," says Cpl. Chris Levy.

Deputy Chief Lester Hargrove says investigators believe only four people, including Terry Rawls, were directly involved. They believe the rest of the mob just watched.

Police say the beating is the result of a three year neighborhood dispute between Rawls and Owens.
we'll ignore that because hey who cares what was actually said. nice cherry picking. obviously the guy was wrong to complain and deserved what he got. you libs can't even attempt to make a valid point to save your life. omission of fact is your way of disseminating the truth. Let's interject a bunch of hearsay, personalization, presumed feelings, and red herring buzzwords like "unarmed teenager" and "single mom" in an obvious and rather shallow, self serving attempt to exploit a situation for political gain. Obviously Levy's opinion is far more valid than eyewitness statements to the contrary and wow I'll bet no one ever claims to have done this "for trayvon" when this goes to court either and thus Levy is proven right. liberal logic is anything but logical. or wait maybe its what colbert said: liberals are obviously biased

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

beat ya to it

mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Coydog wrote:

And homicide rates for blacks were 6 times higher than whites. Blacks as the aggressor for homicides were 7 times higher than whites.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote: we'll ignore that because hey who cares what was actually said. nice cherry picking. obviously the guy was wrong to complain and deserved what he got. you libs can't even attempt to make a valid point to save your life. omission of fact is your way of disseminating the truth. Let's interject a bunch of hearsay, personalization, presumed feelings, and red herring buzzwords like "unarmed teenager" and "single mom" in an obvious and rather shallow, self serving attempt to exploit a situation for political gain. Obviously Levy's opinion is far more valid than eyewitness statements to the contrary and wow I'll bet no one ever claims to have done this "for trayvon" when this goes to court either and thus Levy is proven right. liberal logic is anything but logical. or wait maybe its what colbert said: liberals are obviously biased
You're doing it again. You're making assumptions and valuations about this incident to support a narrative right after you condemned others for doing the same thing about Zimmerman.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Coydog wrote:

And homicide rates for blacks were 6 times higher than whites. Blacks as the aggressor for homicides were 7 times higher than whites.
How about poor? What are the rates for poor people?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Coydog wrote:

pay attention the topic is RACE AND THE MEDIA. I know you love that red herring but the stink of dead fish is getting to be a bit much.
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Coydog wrote:

I see where you're taking this. Taxing the rich more is not going to cause a decrease in homicides among the poor.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: And homicide rates for blacks were 6 times higher than whites. Blacks as the aggressor for homicides were 7 times higher than whites.
I see where you're taking this. Taxing the rich more is not going to cause a decrease in homicides among the poor.
But it might well cause a decrease in homicides of the rich.