Non-skiers at Peak Lodge

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Terrapin Station
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Non-skiers at Peak Lodge

Post by Terrapin Station »

These are good ideas.

I was at Stowe a ways back and the main lodge was insanely packed at lunch. Stowe had a few employees around helping people with food find tables. Pretty amazing how non-confrontational and amenable people hoarding a table become when approached by someone who works for the mountain asking if the seats are taken. It was sort of like liftline merge management. Just takes someone gently directing traffic.

Moved things along pretty well, and could work at Peak, too, during the busiest times.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Hope Mike sees this thread, some good ideas in here to combat table hoarders....
they could have a host/hostess or two up there seating ppl
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Terrapin Station wrote:These are good ideas.

I was at Stowe a ways back and the main lodge was insanely packed at lunch. Stowe had a few employees around helping people with food find tables. Pretty amazing how non-confrontational and amenable people hoarding a table become when approached by someone who works for the mountain asking if the seats are taken. It was sort of like liftline merge management. Just takes someone gently directing traffic.

Moved things along pretty well, and could work at Peak, too, during the busiest times.
the exact reason I never ask " is this seat taken" when it's obvious that is their intention, despite no one actually being there...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....