End all immigration now-legal and illegal

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Re: End all immigration now-legal and illegal

Post by Kpdemello »

daytripper wrote:So if you got arrested and went to jail and your children were with you you would expect to not be seperated from them?
Some things:

1) Most of these people committed no crime. They showed up at the border and requested asylum. For their trouble, they had their kids taken away from them.

2) if you were arrested and your children were with you, there would be a whole procedure in the U.S. which the government would have to follow to separate you from your kids. They would need a temporary court order, they would need to find a temporary guardian and would first need to consider your family members, and if they wanted to permanently deprive you of your kid, they would have to prove before a court of law by clear and convincing evidence that you were an unfit parent. This procedure is not being followed at the border and many children may never be reunited with their parents because the Trump administration has been sh*t at keeping track of everyone.

3) This was not happening before Trump. That means there is a way to do things without separating children from their parents at the border.

4) what about the lack of food and poor conditions at these detention centers? You don't care about that at all?

5) I am a bit disgusted at your lack of empathy for people who aren't criminals, but are just trying to seek a better life. Open your eyes. These are people, normal average people, who just want to emigrate to this country. I'm not saying let them all in. I'm saying realize that these are human beings, not waste products, and treat them accordingly.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Ever been to the statute of liberty? Here's the inscription:

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

You want to make America great again? How about standing up for the ideals upon which it was founded.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Kpdemello wrote:Ever been to the statute of liberty? Here's the inscription:

You want to make America great again? How about standing up for the ideals upon which it was founded.
Apparently KPD thinks Emma Lazarus was a founder of the country and a builder of the statue in 1883 (when it was written) and 1903 (when the plaque was presented and mounted).
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
daytripper wrote:So if you got arrested and went to jail and your children were with you you would expect to not be seperated from them?
Some things:

1) Most of these people committed no crime. They showed up at the border and requested asylum. For their trouble, they had their kids taken away from them. no they were taken into custody until they are able to obtain legal status...we're working on this by trying to have them get legal status BEFORE they cross the border

2) if you were arrested and your children were with you, there would be a whole procedure in the U.S. which the government would have to follow to separate you from your kids. They would need a temporary court order, they would need to find a temporary guardian and would first need to consider your family members, and if they wanted to permanently deprive you of your kid, they would have to prove before a court of law by clear and convincing evidence that you were an unfit parent. This procedure is not being followed at the border and many children may never be reunited with their parents because the Trump administration has been sh*t at keeping track of everyone.oh please these people aren't being permanently separated...that's not even remotely accurate, they know exactly what to expect when they seek asylum...applying and qualifying are two different things...the goal is to provide a safe place for the kids while the parents are detained TEMPORARILY and again we are trying to get them to obtain legal status BEFORE entering the country....its the same process you describe above...you act like anyone living here who was arrested would be afforded all of the above before they spent one second away fro their kid...if that were the case being a single parent would be an automatic get out of jail free card...how about having a discussion based on reality? like that will ever happen

3) This was not happening before Trump. you are WRONG as always...no need to read any further yer all propaganda, all the time...That means there is a way to do things without separating children from their parents at the border.

https://apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE FACTS: The photos, taken by The Associated Press, were from 2014, during the Obama administration, but were presented by liberal activists as if they showed the effects of Trump’s immigration policy now. Villaraigosa, Favreau and some others deleted their tweets when the mistake was pointed out.
4) what about the lack of food and poor conditions at these detention centers? You don't care about that at all?what detention centers? ones in mexico? take your beef up w the mexican govt...millions of citizens go hungry every day...they didn't voluntarily leave wherever they were to come here...anyone in a detention center chose to go there...most if not all in the US are being run in as humanitarian way as possible...the alternative that you insist you aren't advocating for is " letting them all in"...

5) I am a bit disgusted at your lack of empathy for people who aren't criminals,empathy and letting them in are two different things...life sux for them same for millions of others too...one can have empathy for them and realize that life will always have winners and losers and not everyone can live in teh USA... but are just trying to seek a better life.we don't offer asylum to those who are merely seeking a better life... Open your eyes. These are people, normal average people, who just want to emigrate to this country. actually no they dont if they did they would apply to immigrate...they are trying to exploit our VERY GENEROUS asylum program...I'm not saying let them all in.you pretty much are... I'm saying realize that these are human beings,we know, there's 8 billion of them on the planet... not waste products, yer the only idiot making that comparison...and treat them accordingly.they voluntarily put themselves in these positions, its a choice that they make...no one is seeking them out and rounding them up for detention, they are illegally crossing the mexican border and attempting to cross the US border so they can apply for asylum status the vast majority of them will never qualify for and then slip away into the interior US ans remain here illegally...

are you really this woefully uninformed or does TDS just compel you to just mangle reality until it fits your narrative?

ya gotta do what they tell you...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:What strikes me here is how little Trump supporters base their views on this immigration issue on actual facts. Moose talks about a recent loophole on assylum law. Assylum law is thousands of years old, and our country has been granting people assylum pretty much since its inception. Not only is it not new, it's ancient.

The other huge assumption is that people are coming here to get free sh*t. I venture to guess none of you Trump supporters have any experience dealing with actual immigrants and have never lived in a predominantly immigrant community. As someone who grew up in such a community (my parents were 1st generation legal immigrants), I can tell you that there is no more hard working group in the country. And before you talk about the difference between legal and illegal immigrants, I can tell you that the illegals work just as hard, if not harder, than the legal ones. Usually they have to because they get taken advantage of by U.S. businesses.

The reason these people want to come here is not free sh*t. They come here for the opportunity that this country provides. If you want to take away the incentive for people to come here, you need to do one of two things: 1) make the U.S. like a third world country so that there's no opportunity to work hard and get ahead; or 2) fix what's broken where these people are coming from so they don't have the incentive to walk a thousand miles to get to our border. No amount of wall building, border patrolling, or benefits-withholding is going to stop people willing to walk a thousand miles to seek a better life.

And lastly, lets not forget that the actual statistics show that this supposedly huge immigration problem does not and has not resulted in a measurable increase in crime or decrease in employment for citizens. If anything, in the present economy, the U.S. is short on workers and could use more immigration. In that light, this isn't a crisis at all, at least not a security crisis. It certainly is a humanitarian one. Are some of these refugees engaging in criminal behavior or trying to take advantage of the system to get benefits? Sure, a small minority. Guess what though, a larger percentage of U.S. citizens are engaging in criminal activity and trying to take advantage of the system to get benefits. That's not an immigration problem, it's a human character problem. The two are not related despite what your orange master says.

So lets just let everyone in that wants to come in........that will fix the budget!
Actually, that's what the USA for probably two hundred years.

. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Guess you never saw that before?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:What strikes me here is how little Trump supporters base their views on this immigration issue on actual facts. Moose talks about a recent loophole on assylum law. Assylum law is thousands of years old, and our country has been granting people assylum pretty much since its inception. Not only is it not new, it's ancient.

The other huge assumption is that people are coming here to get free sh*t. I venture to guess none of you Trump supporters have any experience dealing with actual immigrants and have never lived in a predominantly immigrant community. As someone who grew up in such a community (my parents were 1st generation legal immigrants), I can tell you that there is no more hard working group in the country. And before you talk about the difference between legal and illegal immigrants, I can tell you that the illegals work just as hard, if not harder, than the legal ones. Usually they have to because they get taken advantage of by U.S. businesses.

The reason these people want to come here is not free sh*t. They come here for the opportunity that this country provides. If you want to take away the incentive for people to come here, you need to do one of two things: 1) make the U.S. like a third world country so that there's no opportunity to work hard and get ahead; or 2) fix what's broken where these people are coming from so they don't have the incentive to walk a thousand miles to get to our border. No amount of wall building, border patrolling, or benefits-withholding is going to stop people willing to walk a thousand miles to seek a better life.

And lastly, lets not forget that the actual statistics show that this supposedly huge immigration problem does not and has not resulted in a measurable increase in crime or decrease in employment for citizens. If anything, in the present economy, the U.S. is short on workers and could use more immigration. In that light, this isn't a crisis at all, at least not a security crisis. It certainly is a humanitarian one. Are some of these refugees engaging in criminal behavior or trying to take advantage of the system to get benefits? Sure, a small minority. Guess what though, a larger percentage of U.S. citizens are engaging in criminal activity and trying to take advantage of the system to get benefits. That's not an immigration problem, it's a human character problem. The two are not related despite what your orange master says.

So lets just let everyone in that wants to come in........that will fix the budget!
Actually, that's what the USA for probably two hundred years.

. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Guess you never saw that before?
yeah it's a poem...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:
Some things:

1) Most of these people committed no crime. They showed up at the border and requested asylum.
they are illegally crossing the mexican border and attempting to cross the US border so they can apply for asylum status the vast majority of them will never qualify for and then slip away into the interior US ans remain here illegally...
So which is it, most of these people cross the border at a designated border crossing and request asylum, or cross illegally and when caught request asylum? Where was the location of the recent tragic death that is being heavily played in the news?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

and it was addressed here:
Mister Moose wrote:

Apparently KPD thinks Emma Lazarus was a founder of the country and a builder of the statue in 1883 (when it was written) and 1903 (when the plaque was presented and mounted).
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

It's easy to get caught up in the minutiae. Are we saying this is the best we can do?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:It's easy to get caught up in the minutiae. Are we saying this is the best we can do?
apparently

mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:

I'm fully aware that is not the case.

Are you aware that every single person in this country is a descendant of an immigrant except for the very small population of native Americans? That this nation was founded by dissidents who left their home countries in search of a better opportunity and a better life just like these immigrants today? And that we have since enjoyed a long and proud tradition as a nation of immigrants? Do you think Emma Lazarus just pulled that poem out of her ass or that maybe perhaps she had some sense of history when she wrote it, and that the reason it became so popular and ended up being put on a national monument is because it rang true to a large population of Americans? Here's another piece of history that maybe you don't know. The first immigration law that actually prohibited anyone from crossing the border wasn't even passed until 1875. Prior to that, there was totally free and unrestricted immigration.

Do you really believe that what Trump is doing at the border right now is honoring to American traditions? I think it's un-American.
Mister Moose wrote:So which is it, most of these people cross the border at a designated border crossing and request asylum, or cross illegally and when caught request asylum? Where was the location of the recent tragic death that is being heavily played in the news?
Did you even bother to look it up? If so, please share with the group instead of sniping. The truth is it doesn't matter. If someone crosses illegally and then requests asylum, that does not justify starving them and taking their kids away. On what planet is that ok?

And I fully understand that Trump didn't cause this death directly. But this person was leaving one of Trump's camps because he didn't have enough food. The conditions at these camps are horrible. Trump's policies have resulted in this problem. He bears at least some of the blame. Trump has done nothing to solve the refugee problem at the border, but has done many things to make it worse. Don't results matter? Trump's results on this issue are horrible.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Here's what the last great conservative President said about immigration:
"Through this Golden Door has come millions of men and women. These families came here to work. Others came to America and often harrowing conditions. They didn’t ask what this country could do for them but what they could do to make this refuge the greatest home of freedom in history. They brought with them courage and the values of family, work, and freedom. Let us pledge to each other that we can make America great again." -Ronald Reagan
It strikes me as sad and a bit pathetic, by the way, that Trump seems to have stolen his stupid MAGA slogan from Reagan.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... order-bill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pelosi Folds: Confirms House Will "Reluctantly" Pass Trump's Emergency Border Bill
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Washington — Citing the American government's refusal to take in a group of desperate Jewish refugees fleeing Nazi Germany on the eve of World War II, a group of current asylum officers tasked with overseeing the controversial "Remain in Mexico" policy asked a federal appeals court in a surprising legal filing late Wednesday to block the Trump administration from implementing it.
But the asylum officers said the recent filing that "Remain in Mexico" is "entirely unnecessary" and not designed to stem the current large-scale flow of migration from Central America. They argued the U.S. immigration system has been "tested time and again" and is capable of efficiently processing asylum claims if it has the adequate resources to do so.

"The MPP, contrary to the Administration's claim, does nothing to streamline the process, but instead increases the burdens on our immigration courts and makes the system more inefficient," the officers wrote.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/remain-in- ... on-policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
Washington — Citing the American government's refusal to take in a group of desperate Jewish refugees fleeing Nazi Germany on the eve of World War II, a group of current asylum officers tasked with overseeing the controversial "Remain in Mexico" policy asked a federal appeals court in a surprising legal filing late Wednesday to block the Trump administration from implementing it.
But the asylum officers said the recent filing that "Remain in Mexico" is "entirely unnecessary" and not designed to stem the current large-scale flow of migration from Central America. reality says it is...They argued the U.S. immigration system has been "tested time and again" and is capable of efficiently processing asylum claims if it has the adequate resources to do so. the "requesters" can remain in mexico while being processed just as easily as they can remain in a US detention center...

"The MPP, contrary to the Administration's claim, does nothing to streamline the process, but instead increases the burdens on our immigration courts and makes the system more inefficient," the officers wrote.well that's a stupid argument that is easily dispelled...processing people before they get here most certainly streamlines the process and separates the wheat from the chaff before it goes in to the silo...impossible to argue otherwise, but leftist idiot obstructionists will anyway......
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/remain-in- ... on-policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yep typical leftist assholes will do anything to thwart the law and make sure illegals continue to stream over the border......fvck the 9th district court too....if they don't qualify for asylum why should we let them into the US at all?

mach es sehr schnell