What is the Liberal Agenda???

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Bubba wrote:
Anthrax via the mail was real in the fall of 2001
I seriously doubt that is the lie he was referring to. There was plenty of bs flying around those investigations, but the attacks most certainly happened. Where they came from and who did it is the (possible) lie.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

2knees wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Anthrax via the mail was real in the fall of 2001
I seriously doubt that is the lie he was referring to. There was plenty of bs flying around those investigations, but the attacks most certainly happened. Where they came from and who did it is the (possible) lie.
Actually, to this day, we have no idea (at least publicly) where the attacks came from although, as I recall, there's some scientist in this country who has been investigated quite a bit in connection with the attacks.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Bubba wrote: Actually, to this day, we have no idea (at least publicly) where the attacks came from although, as I recall, there's some scientist in this country who has been investigated quite a bit in connection with the attacks.
And that is where some believe the deception is. Anyway, it was our weapons grade anthrax that was used and any way you cut it, that is pretty embarrassing. Better to just let it float away and out of the publics mind then to actually follow through with the investigation.
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

The anthrax I was referring to was the little vial that Powell took into the UN...remember the white powder he held up in front of everyone??? Apparently, it wasn't Anthrax at all that he had taken in there.

As for the postal anthrax...I have my tin-foil hat conspiracy theories about where that came from, especially since it's fallen so far out of the public eye. It too conveniently got the entire country absolutely paranoid. Remember all of the building closures and mass hysteria?

At any rate, what the hell is the Liberal Agenda??? At this rate, I don't even think it exists, because, well, look how side-tracked we've gotten. :lol:
Scotty K
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Scotty K »

Yeah, how did this thread get so sidetracked?? (I've got some theories)

Anyway, there is no organized, universal "liberal agenda", in the same way that there is (or was) no "vast right wing conspiracy". It's a simplistic means for various people to identify and communicate broad cultural and/or political trends.

There are groups at every point across the political spectrum with defined goals, objectives and strategies - their own agenda. Many on the left have overlapping agendas, but it's hardly coordinated. The concept of a liberal agenda makes for a good story (in fact, there was an interesting cover story in the NY Times Magazine on how the GOP is better at telling stories than the Democrats, creating catch phrases like "liberal agenda")

Broadly speaking, the right believes that the liberal agenda includes generous support for social welfare programs, protection of civil liberties, the environment, abortion rights, and increased budgets for education. It may also include increasing aid to the third world, support for the UN, international cooperation and support of human rights. The agenda according to the right also includes attacks against religion (although many on the left are just as religious but believe in separation of church and state), degrading the family through support of gay marriage (although many on the left have their issues with this concept as well) and support for a range of topics that they simply don't like.

At least, that's my short answer for what the liberal agenda is. Does that help?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Scotty K wrote: Broadly speaking, the right believes that the liberal agenda includes generous support for social welfare programs, protection of civil liberties, the environment, abortion rights, and increased budgets for education. It may also include increasing aid to the third world, support for the UN, international cooperation and support of human rights. The agenda according to the right also includes attacks against religion (although many on the left are just as religious but believe in separation of church and state), degrading the family through support of gay marriage (although many on the left have their issues with this concept as well) and support for a range of topics that they simply don't like.
Slick. Provide all positives in respect to the democratic party...and all negatives in respect to the republican party :roll:
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Scotty K wrote: Broadly speaking, the right believes that the liberal agenda includes generous support for social welfare programs, protection of civil liberties, the environment, abortion rights, and increased budgets for education. It may also include increasing aid to the third world, support for the UN, international cooperation and support of human rights. The agenda according to the right also includes attacks against religion (although many on the left are just as religious but believe in separation of church and state), degrading the family through support of gay marriage (although many on the left have their issues with this concept as well) and support for a range of topics that they simply don't like.
Slick. Provide all positives in respect to the democratic party...and all negatives in respect to the republican party :roll:
What the F are you talking about..????
All the above are neagtive things about the left - in the eyes of many "right wingers"...
And all the stuff in parenthesis - is pretty spot on to...
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
OK everybody - hold your fire for a while.

XJ - here's your opportunity to apply a fair and balanced approach. How would you have written it so that it wouldn't be "all positives in respect to the democratic party...and all negatives in respect to the republican party"? Please do so in a way that doesn't appear all positive for the Republicans and all negative for the Democrats. Be fair and balance, even handed, and neutral.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

XJ - here's your opportunity to apply a fair and balanced approach. How would you have written it so that it wouldn't be "all positives in respect to the democratic party...and all negatives in respect to the republican party"? Please do so in a way that doesn't appear all positive for the Republicans and all negative for the Democrats. Be fair and balance, even handed, and neutral.
Hold your fire? The NRA doesn't like any suggestion of holding fire. Republicans also really like guns. Guns guns guns! They even get really dressed up and fondle their guns in public...only time I've ever seen that motherfcuker smile.

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Hold your fire? The NRA doesn't like any suggestion of holding fire. Republicans also really like guns. Guns guns guns! They even get really dressed up and fondle their guns in public...only time I've ever seen that motherfcuker smile.

Holding a piece like that, I would've expected him to be wearing a coonskin cap and singing the Davy Crockett theme song. :lol:

Oh....XJ......the Jeopardy theme is playing....... :wink:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

probably couldn't do it. 1 point to bubba.
Bubba wrote:Oh....XJ......the Jeopardy theme is playing.......
I have the flu so I've been off and on
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Sorry about the flu. Avian?

As for rewriting it to be fair and balanced (in your opinion) give it a shot. There might be a lesson for you in the attempt.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Holding a piece like that, I would've expected him to be wearing a coonskin cap and singing the Davy Crockett theme song. :lol:

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Slick. Provide all positives in respect to the democratic party...and all negatives in respect to the republican party :roll:

LOL...

Born on a mountain top in Tennessee
greenest state in the land of the free
raised in the woods so he knew ev'ry tree
kilt him a b'ar when he was only three
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier!

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Sorry about the flu. Avian?

As for rewriting it to be fair and balanced (in your opinion) give it a shot. There might be a lesson for you in the attempt.
Um...well I hope not! Although this is my 4th day straight with 99-101 degree fever :roll: Maybe I should go to the docter? If you didn't already figure out, I don't go to the docter unless I absolutely have to.

As for rewriting Republican and Democratic...here goes...

Democrats are for govt programs, redistribution of wealth, protecting the environment, pro-choice, improving education, and they believe in the UN.

Republicans are for tax cuts, strengthening the economy, pro-life, against gay marriage, aggressive international policy, pro 2nd amendment, and smaller govt roles.

I think it's fairly balanced. Depends if you're looking at it from a Democratic, Republican, or Independent point of view though.