Obama's world

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Obama's world

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
So when I come burn your house down because I bought the house next door and want to expand my empire, that's "our" fault? "We" need to have a moral awakening afterwards? The passage of 50 plus years doesn't make that statement any less relevant. Obama's "Our" may not mean just the US, and probably doesn't, but it does not exclude the US either.

If “we” responded by, say, beheading your wife, relatives and anyone else associated with you but who had nothing to do with your act of burning down “our” house, then yes, perhaps “we” would be in need of some form of moral awaking too.

There were plenty of military personnel at the time who felt dropping the bomb was unnecessary, a mistake and even ethically questionable.
For me to agree with that, there would have to be no military targets in Hiroshima, the US would have had to not have dropped warning leaflets, and we would only have taken any military action during the entire war with universal agreement among all military personnel.

I get that there were a high percentage of civilian casualties. The target selection committee's thinking is documented and googleable. The decision was based on a net saving of both Japanese and American lives. I think it telling that the Japanese did not surrender after the first bomb. It required two. The notion Japan "was essentially defeated" doesn't hold that much water when you consider they still resolved to fight after Hiroshima. It took a second attack at Nagasaki to bring the Japanese to the table with no preconditions. Compare the result 70 years later to the Isreal/Palestine/Everyone Else conflict with multiple endless conditions and no surrender 70 years later. I'm not advocating a nuclear response in the Middle East, but unconditional surrender in war is worth looking vs a never ending conflict.

We can still second guess the Hiroshima decision. I don't think we should apologize, or feel the need for a moral awakening for doing what the leaders at the time felt was the best way to win the war, likely saved hundreds of thousands of Japanese lives, and did so rapidly with no loss of American lives.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-1 ... britain-fi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

more signs of the planet healing I suppose...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/17/world ... -memo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-state-d ... 1466121933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dozens of State Department officials this week protested against U.S. policy in Syria, signing an internal document that calls for targeted military strikes against the Damascus government and urging regime change as the only way to defeat Islamic State.

The “dissent channel cable” was signed by 51 State Department officers involved with advising on Syria policy in various capacities, according to an official familiar with the document. The Wall Street Journal reviewed a copy of the cable, which repeatedly calls for “targeted military strikes” against the Syrian government in light of the near-collapse of the ceasefire brokered earlier this year.
somehow the incessant string of "unintended" consequences and deliberate failure to act that have been the signature of this administrations "foreign policy" need to be exposed and remedied...

FBI needs to ignore hopey dope and his lackeys and proceed w criminal charges vs clinton too, if obama is involved he goes down too...enough of this BS...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... rade-talks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Barack Obama has warned that the UK would be at the “back of the queue” in any trade deal with the US if the country chose to leave the EU, as he made an emotional plea to Britons to vote for staying in.
of course this @ssclown has a decisive "warning" for one of our closest and longest standing allies...this dudes priorities are ALWAYS at odds w american values and seemingly the entire free world as well...as if the US would or should shun the UK if they choose to leave the EU... :?c
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

madhatter wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... rade-talks
Barack Obama has warned that the UK would be at the “back of the queue” in any trade deal with the US if the country chose to leave the EU, as he made an emotional plea to Britons to vote for staying in.
of course this @ssclown has a decisive "warning" for one of our closest and longest standing allies...this dudes priorities are ALWAYS at odds w american values and seemingly the entire free world as well...as if the US would or should shun the UK if they choose to leave the EU... :?c
Yes, he does not have our best interest in mind. I hope the UK does leave the EU. Obama is working toward his fantasy for the world rather than the best interest of the United States. Fifty diplomats came out and said his policy in Syria is not working. Do they expect him to change course? No, they're trying to point out how badly his policies have failed. Much of the problems in the Middle East are his fault for creating power vacuums. A$$hat or A$$hole that is the only question.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

freeski wrote:
madhatter wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... rade-talks
Yes, he does not have our best interest in mind. I hope the UK does leave the EU. Obama is working toward his fantasy for the world rather than the best interest of the United States. Fifty diplomats came out and said his policy in Syria is not working. Do they expect him to change course? No, they're trying to point out how badly his policies have failed. Much of the problems in the Middle East are his fault for creating power vacuums. A$$hat or A$$hole that is the only question.
If he gotz his head stuck that far up his A$$, he gotz both.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/TheComicalCons ... 609137685/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this chick is a typical dimwitted left wing dupe...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Obama put his thumb on the scale in the UK and lost again. The average person is sick of the country being taken over by immigrants and their money leaving the country. People are against the policies of globalization. Obama really inspired people to vote against his policies with his stupid remarks. Too bad we can't dump Obama like they dumped Cameron. Obama is done. Go sit in the corner.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

freeski wrote:Obama put his thumb on the scale in the UK and lost again. The average person is sick of the country being taken over by immigrants and their money leaving the country. People are against the policies of globalization. Obama really inspired people to vote against his policies with his stupid remarks. Too bad we can't dump Obama like they dumped Cameron. Obama is done. Go sit in the corner.
On June 23 the British people will be going to the polls to choose whether they want to continue with the present system whereby 60% of British laws are made in Brussels and foreign judges decide whether those laws are legitimate or not, or whether we want to strike out for independence and the right to make all of our own laws and have our own British judges decide upon them.

It’s about whether we can recapture the right to deport foreign Islamist hate preachers and terrorist suspects, or whether under European human-rights legislation they must continue to reside in the U.K., often at taxpayers’ expense. The European Union is currently experiencing migration on a scale not seen since the late 17th century—with hordes of young, mostly male Muslims sweeping from the southeast into the heart of Europe. Angela Merkel invited them in and that might be fine for Germany, but why should they have the right to settle in Britain as soon as they get a European passport?

Surely—surely—this is an issue on which the British people, and they alone, have the right to decide, without the intervention of President Obama, who adopted his haughtiest professorial manner when lecturing us to stay in the EU, before making the naked threat that we would be sent “to the back of the queue” (i.e., the back of the line) in any future trade deals if we had the temerity to vote to leave.
Was my country at the back of the line when Winston Churchill promised in 1941 that in the event of a Japanese attack on the U.S., a British declaration of war on Japan would be made within the hour?

Was Great Britain at the back of the line when America was searching for allies in the Korean War in the 1950s?

When America decided to liberate Kuwait from Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War in the early 1990s, was Britain at the back of the line when we contributed an armored division that fought on your right flank during Operation Desert Storm?

Were we at the back of the line on 9/11, or did we step forward immediately and instinctively as the very first of your allies to contribute troops to join you in the expulsion of the Taliban, al Qaeda’s hosts, from power in Afghanistan?

Or in Iraq two years later, was it the French or the Germans or the Belgians who stood and fought and bled beside you? Whatever views you might have over the rights or wrongs of that war, no one can deny that Britain was in its accustomed place: at the front of the line, in the firing line. So it is not right for President Obama now to threaten to send us to the back of the line.

Britain is the largest foreign investor in the U.S.—larger even than China—so it makes no economic sense for you to send us to the back of the line. Yet quite apart from your economic or strategic best interests, it also makes no moral sense for America to treat your genuine friends (you also see this phenomenon in the case of Israel, of course) as though they are your enemies, while all too often you treat your rivals and enemies—Cuba, China, Venezuela and others—as though they’re your friends. In what sane world does America put Iran at the front of the line for trade deals, while sending Britain to the back?

President Obama might be very clever intellectually, but he hasn’t grasped the central essence of American foreign policy over the centuries, which is the honorable one of being a strength and beacon to your allies and a standing reproach and constant source of anxiety to your enemies and to the enemies of freedom.

Fortunately, the best kind of Americans instinctively understand that truth, and outside the Obama administration nobody seems to want to relegate my country to the back of the line. Anglo-American friendship is far stronger than any one administration or government. I’ve lost count of the number of times that I’ve read the obituaries of people who have written the obituary of the Special Relationship. It survives because it lives on in the hearts of our two peoples—who have so much more in common than that which separates us—rather than just in the pages of venerable treaties and history books.

The good news is that the British people don’t seem to have taken much notice of President Obama—indeed, on the day he left the U.K., the Leave campaign actually saw a 2% increase in the polls. (As it’s neck and neck at the moment, perhaps we should invite him back?)

The endless threats about trade deals and GDP per capita from the EU and the IMF and the World Bank and the OECD, instead of cowing the British people, seem merely to have excited their bloody-mindedness. They recognize that they might indeed take a short-term financial hit, but there are some things more important than money.

Imagine if a bunch of accountants had turned up at Valley Forge in that brutal winter of 1777 and proved with the aid of pie-charts and financial tables that Americans would be better off if they just gave up the cause of independence. George Washington would have sent them off with a few short, well-chosen words on the subject—probably derived from the Anglo-Saxon.

Winston Churchill was warned repeatedly by the Treasury that it was bankrupting Britain to continue her lonely and seemingly doomed struggle against the power that utterly dominated the entire European Continent in 1940 and 1941, but he treated all such warnings with his characteristically coruscating ire. That is what people do who love their country, and that is what I hope my countrymen will do on June 23.

And if we do vote to leave the EU on Thursday, I hope that Americans with a sense of history, Americans with a sense of tradition who honor friendship past and future, above all Americans who know what self-government means to a free people, will rally to the cause of an independent Britain.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-2 ... oming-soon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nah.....
mach es sehr schnell

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

U.S. accepts record number of Syrian refugees in June despite terrorist screening worries

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... es-in-jun/

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Pretty much
Attachments
FB_IMG_1467610244138.jpg
FB_IMG_1467610244138.jpg (55.08 KiB) Viewed 760 times
FB_IMG_1467610244138.jpg
FB_IMG_1467610244138.jpg (55.08 KiB) Viewed 760 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Pretty much
ya sure about that cuz, we really have no record of any of that...we do know that he was not a professor, that he never published anything when he was at harvard and that there are no available transcripts of any of his grades...can you provide something more than an internet meme to back any of this up?
mach es sehr schnell