Beer reviews and recommendations

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

laxxer27
Green Skidder

Re: Beer reviews and recommendations

Post by laxxer27 »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Juice Machine by Tree House – Worked our way up by splitting a can of Julius followed by a couple cans of Green. Then we dug into the Juice Machine. It's as if Julius and Green had a baby, then that baby grew up to be a fine young man who is not only more sexually experienced than his parents, but also taller. As with Heady this beer requires a little work to get thru.
Almost all of the Treehouse Beers are based off of the Julius formula. Some hardcore beer fanatics are frowning at that strategy now that Treehouse is cranking out all these different variations of Julius.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Finally had the chance to try a bottle of westvleteren 12. Very tasty.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hate to be dissing on a place but...

went to 7 barrel brewery in W Leb on our way home from DHMC yesterday, almost sorry we did... the beer selection was pitiful, they were out of their only IPA, everything else was like 20 ibu or less, only non draft/non house beer was bud or bud light...we both had ruebens they were OK but nothing to write home about...can;t see a reason to go back there...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

madhatter wrote:hate to be dissing on a place but...

went to 7 barrel brewery in W Leb on our way home from DHMC yesterday, almost sorry we did... the beer selection was pitiful, they were out of their only IPA, everything else was like 20 ibu or less, only non draft/non house beer was bud or bud light...we both had ruebens they were OK but nothing to write home about...can;t see a reason to go back there...
New Hampshire has missed the micro brew boat. Current top rated Granite state brew would by tied for 57th place going against the top 100 Vermont brews. Live Free and drink bad beer should be their new slogan.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Guy in Shorts wrote:

New Hampshire has missed the micro brew boat. Current top rated Granite state brew would by tied for 57th place going against the top 100 Vermont brews. Live Free and drink bad beer should be their new slogan.
Very true, and I don't know why that is. I wonder if NH had some laws to prevent small breweries from opening. There is going to be a new one on Main St. in Concord.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Skiume
Bumper

Post by Skiume »

Otter Creeks Backseat Burner on draft at Pico currently, OC Couch Surfer might still be on at the Summit. Remember one from Tuckermans Brewing (NH) that was pretty good: Not sure if it was their Pale or the Headwall Alt.

LT's "Unearthed" party this afternoon in Bridgewater.
" a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - Shakespeare
laxxer27
Green Skidder

Post by laxxer27 »

For NH breweries head east towards Portsmouth and Dover. Look up Tributary or Earth Eagle Brewing to name a few. They are showing up late to the game but at least the ones showing up have a decent brew. I went to 7th Amendment Brewing in Dover, NH. Nice place with an award winning brown ale but the rest of the line up was pitiful.

I too stopped at 7 Barrel back in early Dec. Quite bad in my opinion.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Sam Smith (organic) Chocolate Stout

Prologue: Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout was the first dark beer I really liked, and this was not too long after the US craft beer revolution. You often outgrow your first love, but not in this case. Sam Smith remains in my all time favorite roster. Never had their Chocolate Stout until now.

Really good. Soft chocolate tones without the roasting edge that so many have. Along with a barrel aged vanilla character. Typical British low carbonation. Probably too sweet for dinner, but went great with popcorn.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:Sam Smith (organic) Chocolate Stout

Prologue: Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout was the first dark beer I really liked, and this was not too long after the US craft beer revolution. You often outgrow your first love, but not in this case. Sam Smith remains in my all time favorite roster. Never had their Chocolate Stout until now.

Really good. Soft chocolate tones without the roasting edge that so many have. Along with a barrel aged vanilla character. Typical British low carbonation. Probably too sweet for dinner, but went great with popcorn.
oh yeah the tadcaster brewery...remember that beer quite well...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
lifeisgood
Bumper

Post by lifeisgood »

Anyone ever try one of these? I have one in the fridge, but haven't cracked it open yet. It's a 750 ml bottle, so I think I'm going to need some help...
Attachments
Sriracha_Stout.png
Sriracha_Stout.png (105.12 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Do what you like.
Like what you do.
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

lifeisgood wrote:Anyone ever try one of these? I have one in the fridge, but haven't cracked it open yet. It's a 750 ml bottle, so I think I'm going to need some help...
It's different. In the you'll either like it or not way. Kind of like Ballast Points Habanero Sculpin, a bunch of chili heat that is quite the surprise the 1st time you try it.

Rogue's Siracha made we want to have a bowl of nacho chips handy when I had it, that combo of the salt and heat works well with me
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
princesslynnie
Beginner On Rentals

Post by princesslynnie »

laxxer27 wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
Juice Machine by Tree House – Worked our way up by splitting a can of Julius followed by a couple cans of Green. Then we dug into the Juice Machine. It's as if Julius and Green had a baby, then that baby grew up to be a fine young man who is not only more sexually experienced than his parents, but also taller. As with Heady this beer requires a little work to get thru.
Almost all of the Treehouse Beers are based off of the Julius formula. Some hardcore beer fanatics are frowning at that strategy now that Treehouse is cranking out all these different variations of Julius.
Beer Advocate's #1 beer out of 250......TREE HOUSE "GOOD MORNING"!! :-o :banana: :Toast
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

We were just talking about that place on Saturday night. Nobody had been there. Based on your comments, no reason to break that string.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Narragansett Brewing heading home to Rhode Island

http://www.foodmanufacturing.com/news/2 ... 6et_rid%3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;%%subscriberid%%%26location%3dtop
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe