No gay gene.....no gay anti-discrimination law?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: No gay gene.....no gay anti-discrimination law?

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:All religions are man made. There is zero proof to the contrary. That's a fact.
There is proof in the Bible.
So Christians are right and say Buddhists and Hindus are wrong?
As a Christian I accept the Bible as proof.
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:All religions are man made. There is zero proof to the contrary. That's a fact.
There is proof in the Bible.
Which Bible? We have so many to choose from.
:lol: :lol: :lol: My Bible is NKJV.
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:in any species viability = breeding age...there is no "consent" all of that is "man=made"...murder is natural also...yet we have laws against both... while I don't care who has sex w who the basis of yer argument is invalid...
This is a really stupid comment by you, which is a fairly common occurrence as you seem bent on disagreeing with me at all times.

No consent = rape and harming another person.

Murder = fatal harm of another person.

Both make perfect sense to legislate against.

Homosexuality harms no one. No reason for secular or religious laws against the practice.
MadHatter's question is spot on. I agree rape and murder are wrong, but why are they wrong? For no other species on Earth are rape/murder wrong. Are these 'moral laws' just social conventions we learn through education? Would a child raised on a desert island know these 'moral laws'?
one thing is for sure...it has nothing to do with skin color.... :D
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:So Christians are right and other religions are wrong?
back to the singular thought process...brilliant... :roll:

( if ya ever even left it...)
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote:So Christians are right and other religions are wrong?
Christians respect other religions but we can’t respect the beliefs themselves because they deny the truth of the gospel.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

So because there is no mention of Shiva, Vishnu and the like in the Bible, Christians believe Hindus are wrong and those gods don't exist? They are an imaginative construct?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

deadheadskier wrote:So because there is no mention of Shiva, Vishnu and the like in the Bible, Christians believe Hindus are wrong and those gods don't exist? They are an imaginative construct?
The gospel is truth. Whether Shiva and Vishnu exist I have no idea.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
The Holy Spirit of the Trinity. Prove to me that the Holy Spirit is conceived by man and doesn't exist?
In matters of faith there is no argument. Can’t prove the existence or non-existence of God one way or the other.
Billions of Christians believe and profess the existence of the Holy Spirit through real and personal experiences, that is proof. You can't prove that billions of people are wrong. It is not the same as God the Creator and faith. The Holy Spirit is God in a different and real person. If you don't know this person, that doesn't mean that person doesn't exist.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
The Holy Spirit of the Trinity. Prove to me that the Holy Spirit is conceived by man and doesn't exist?
In matters of faith there is no argument. Can’t prove the existence or non-existence of God one way or the other.
Billions of Christians believe and profess the existence of the Holy Spirit through real and personal experiences, that is proof. You can't prove that billions of people are wrong. It is not the same as God the Creator and faith. The Holy Spirit is God in a different and real person. If you don't know this person, that doesn't mean that person doesn't exist.
Ok. Please share a story from one of the times you hung out with the Holy Spirit. Did you get your picture taken with this real "person".
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

deadheadskier wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Ok. Please share a story from one of the times you hung out with the Holy Spirit. Did you get your picture taken with this real "person".
Everyday when I am comforted and a good photo of the Holy Spirit:
Attachments
Holy Spirit at work (Small).jpg
Holy Spirit at work (Small).jpg (73.42 KiB) Viewed 588 times
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Everyday when I am comforted and a good photo of the Holy Spirit:

Where is the Holy Spirit?

I see a 3 or 4 year old child praying likely because another person told her to even though she is not yet old enough to understand the concept of faith.

What happens if when she's older she believes in Brahma and not the Holy Spirit? Will you tell her she's wrong in that belief?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
People believed the Earth was flat and if you sailed off to the west into the Atlantic you’d fall off the edge of the planet. Proof was that people sailed off and never returned. People believed the sun and stars revolve around the Earth. Proof was seen every night in the sky. What people believe and what is real are not necessarily the same thing.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: People believed the Earth was flat and if you sailed off to the west into the Atlantic you’d fall off the edge of the planet. Proof was that people sailed off and never returned. People believed the sun and stars revolve around the Earth. Proof was seen every night in the sky. What people believe and what is real are not necessarily the same thing.
And yet the earth appears and behaves flat to someone on the ocean. The stars do move overhead about us. These are easily observable occurrences. There is truth to them. It is possible for different observers to see different but related truths without seeing the complete relationship. That does not make one of them completely false.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Mister Moose wrote:
Bubba wrote: People believed the Earth was flat and if you sailed off to the west into the Atlantic you’d fall off the edge of the planet. Proof was that people sailed off and never returned. People believed the sun and stars revolve around the Earth. Proof was seen every night in the sky. What people believe and what is real are not necessarily the same thing.
And yet the earth appears and behaves flat to someone on the ocean. The stars do move overhead about us. These are easily observable occurrences. There is truth to them. It is possible for different observers to see different but related truths without seeing the complete relationship. That does not make one of them completely false.
No it's 100% false that the earth is flat and anything other then the moon (a perhaps a little space dust) orbits earth. Those who believe otherwise are completely wrong.

It seems to me you are trying to make the case for alternative facts or supporting ignorance. Those are bad arguments Moose
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

From Deadhead skier:

Where is the Holy Spirit?

I see a 3 or 4 year old child praying likely because another person told her to even though she is not yet old enough to understand the concept of faith.

What happens if when she's older she believes in Brahma and not the Holy Spirit? Will you tell her she's wrong in that belief?[/quote]

From f.a.s.t.:

……..or she could become the next Mother Theresa.

If she is too young to understand the concept of faith, why do you say she is praying which requires faith? Is she old enough to love her parents, but too young to love her siblings or God?

The photo embodies the Holy Spirit. It doesn't matter how old she is, the same photo could be taken when she's 100 years old. I see a child old enough to read the Bible on her lap and a child in the presence of the Holy Spirit. You do not see the Holy Spirit because you are looking in the wrong place.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

I question the objective of this thread at this juncture.

Are we to walk away from our faith and conform to the customs of this world because a small group of people say so ... because something we believe is inconvenient for them or they don’t understand it? Even though our faith in Romans calls us not to copy the behavior and customs of this world?

Homosexuals should be loved and respected by Christians and welcomed to the church just like all other imperfect humans. Many Christians have failed in this regard. However, the gospel is clear you cannot be both Christian while actively engaging in Homosexuality.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I question the objective of this thread at this juncture.

Are we to walk away from our faith and conform to the customs of this world because a small group of people say so ... because something we believe is inconvenient for them or they don’t understand it? Even though our faith in Romans calls us not to copy the behavior and customs of this world?

Homosexuals should be loved and respected by Christians and welcomed to the church just like all other imperfect humans. Many Christians have failed in this regard. However, the gospel is clear you cannot be both Christian while actively engaging in Homosexuality.
not even sure why religion is part of this thread....
mach es sehr schnell