Impeachment?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice

Should Congress vote to impeach President Trump as a result of his actions on January 6th?

Poll ended at Jan 19th, '21, 17:38

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 45

asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Impeachment?

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 16:07
deadheadskier wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 15:33
throbster wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 12:29 That's a slippery slope (pun intended).

I'm old enough to remember when liberals were for the 1st amendment.
Would you be fine with Isis using Twitter within US borders to organize an attack on the Capitol?
Please tell me you are not comparing Trump to ISIS.
a terrorist is a terrorist. fun fact: having white skin doesn't absolve you of terrorism!
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Seacoaster wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 09:53 4 years of deflection by the democrat party of their own misdoings culminated in zero results for them(politically), this attempt to impeach has zero to do with the despicable actions of the last week, it is strictly about them being able to say, look, look, we were right this whole time(self justifying). Where were these Democrats all summer as our country burned? They were supporting the looters and rioters as they physically harmed police, destroyed police buildings and overrun federal buildings....not sure I truly see any difference. The party system, both Republicans and Democrats are the problem with this country, they sow division by design to increase their own power over the average citizen.... If you don't see how the parties are destroying this country, you are likely part of the problem as you are blinded by your politics.
oh look another fascist traitor
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Seacoaster wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 10:56
spanky wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 10:41
Seacoaster wrote:Where were these Democrats all summer as our country burned? They were supporting the looters and rioters as they physically harmed police, destroyed police buildings and overrun federal buildings....not sure I truly see any difference.
Sometimes I question if responding is worth it...

Where were “these Democrats”? Maybe Fox/OAN/Newsmax failed to show you these “deep fake” videos:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 576824002/

Open your eyes if you can’t see the difference.

Saying an attempt at overthrowing our government is the same as protesting obvious police brutality and white supremacy/privilege is the textbook definition of a false equivalency.

“There are white people and there are people who happen to be white.”
Ok, do you really think that was an actual attempted overthrowing of our government? like a real attempt? We live in a country with millions upon millions of citizens owing firearms, this was literally a few hundred of the rights version of Antifa style idiots acting stupidly. Again, it is completely unacceptable, but to call it an attempted overthrow is a complete stretch. It is similarly a bunch of disenfranchised clowns who actually thought this could make a difference, much like creating autonomous zones, they are naive. All it does it increase the power of the politicians over the people. I agree, open your eyes if you cant see the the similarities, both felt that a right of theirs was infringed upon and reacted like petulant children. As for my news outlets, I predominantly listen(watch) to PBS and VTNPR.... :violin
THERE WERE ARMED TERRORISTS WITH FLEX CUFFS, A MAKESHIFT GALLOWS, TWO WORKING PIPE BOMBS AND INSIDER KNOWLEDGE ON THE LOACTION OF LAWMAKERS. oh im sorry they didn't yell allah akbar so its not terrorism? f*** you.

f*** FASCIST TRAITOR. DESPICABLE.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Seacoaster wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 11:25 Again, completely unacceptable, I would not defend their thoughts or words. Do you not find it odd how fast we get this information, yet, we never here anything about those who say things like Kill the P@gs, fry them in a pan like bacon? Who then attack the police, take over police stations and federal courthouses? Let us not forget, they too killed officers in the events of the summer.
ughhhhhh there's a difference between "violent" speech (fry the pigs) and the ability to execute such actions (weapons).

a mean protest sign is not the same as an armed insurrection. f*** christ. you trumpies must all be inbred to be this stupid.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 13:14 "... peaceably and patriotically let you voices be heard"

It was not an attempted coup and the violence was likely perpetrated by Antifa.

Democrats hypocrisy knows no bounds and is enabled by a corrupt press.
MORON, FASCIST, AND A TRAITOR.

boo f*** hoo you lost here's your f*** binkie you baby.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

i'm itching to start cutting off fascist skiers on the trails. you f*** deserve it. traitors.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

asher2789 wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 18:31 i'm itching to start cutting off fascist skiers on the trails. you f*** deserve it. traitors.
I think the world would be a better place if you took some anger management classes.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

daytripper wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 18:43
asher2789 wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 18:31 i'm itching to start cutting off fascist skiers on the trails. you f*** deserve it. traitors.
I think the world would be a better place if you took some anger management classes.
i think the world would be a better place if all these fashy's moms swallowed them but here we are. f*** off.

im not going to lie down and take it from fascist assholes. my family fled antisemitism abroad there's no f*** way i'm going to be "polite" to people who are on the same side as "six million was not enough" and "camp auschwitz" trump fascists. im ready to send y'all into trees. f*** done tolerating fascists anywhere around here. there are real life consequences for supporting fascism and you little fascist babies are going to be learning real quick when you lose your jobs and worse, should it come to it.

but sure let's tone police my righteous anger in response to a fascist terror attack supported by fascist kzoners who i can run into in real life!
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Unhinged much? Trump did more for Israel than any POTUS, but he's a anti-semite?!

TRUMP = GOAT!!!!
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

asher2789 wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 18:50
daytripper wrote: Jan 11th, '21, 18:43
i think the world would be a better place if all these fashy's moms swallowed them but here we are. f*** off.

im not going to lie down and take it from fascist assholes. my family fled antisemitism abroad there's no f*** way i'm going to be "polite" to people who are on the same side as "six million was not enough" and "camp auschwitz" trump fascists. im ready to send y'all into trees. f*** done tolerating fascists anywhere around here. there are real life consequences for supporting fascism and you little fascist babies are going to be learning real quick when you lose your jobs and worse, should it come to it.

but sure let's tone police my righteous anger in response to a fascist terror attack supported by fascist kzoners who i can run into in real life!
So you are accreting your right to injure or kill other skiers because you believe they are fascist? You really should get some counselling. :dis

Could we possibly have a moderator move this to the political thread? :Toast
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Causeheads...theyre JUST too funny to watch. Braindead Ashley.....publically stating...that she's gonna start cutting off skiers on the hill. Guess its time to relearn her old.." You want fries with that"?........
Attachments
protesters.jpg
protesters.jpg (32.66 KiB) Viewed 580 times
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Looks like McConnell might be on-board ...
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jan 12th, '21, 17:09 Looks like major Republican donors told McConnell to get on-board ...
The more likely scenario
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote: Jan 12th, '21, 17:27
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jan 12th, '21, 17:09 Looks like major Republican donors told McConnell to get on-board ...
The more likely scenario
Mitch is going to use the conviction to eject Trump from the party. Its self preservation for Republicans.