Vaccination mandates

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
boston_e
Postaholic

Re: Vaccination mandates

Post by boston_e »

As far as we know, neither Sturgis nor Obama’s party violated any ordinances or laws.

One was attended by a few hundred people, all of who had to be vaccinated and show a negative test.

The other was attended by 700,000 people and caters to an audience who on average were the anti mask / vaccine crowd.

Someone would have to be about as stupid as it gets to not recognize which one would be of bigger concern to be a spreader event.
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I don't understand why all you Trump worshipers are upset with Obama. He's just doing what your leaders, like DeSantis and Abbott, want people to do - carry on with his life in spite of the virus. If you were fair-minded, thoughtful individuals you would applaud Obama for doing what your team is already advocating.

Here's what I think happened. I think your party/team/tribe told you to think that Obama is a big hypocrite because he's a "liberal" and those pesky liberals make "rules for thee and not for me." So you come out here and trot out the same trite phrases that your leaders taught you like good little lemmings without thinking or analyzing anything.

You know I used to come here to discuss politics with people who had opposing view points. Lately all I seem to find are regurgitated opinions that I've heard or read before from the likes of Ingraham and Tucker. I don't see much value being added, or much original thought for that matter.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

100%
:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Says a Obama worshiper.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Honestly I don't think you bother to read anything before you post, BJ. As I've said numerous times, I did not vote for Obama either time.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 16:18 I don't understand why all you Trump worshipers are upset with Obama. He's just doing what your leaders, like DeSantis and Abbott, want people to do - carry on with his life in spite of the virus. If you were fair-minded, thoughtful individuals you would applaud Obama for doing what your team is already advocating.

Here's what I think happened. I think your party/team/tribe told you to think that Obama is a big hypocrite because he's a "liberal" and those pesky liberals make "rules for thee and not for me." So you come out here and trot out the same trite phrases that your leaders taught you like good little lemmings without thinking or analyzing anything.

You know I used to come here to discuss politics with people who had opposing view points. Lately all I seem to find are regurgitated opinions that I've heard or read before from the likes of Ingraham and Tucker. I don't see much value being added, or much original thought for that matter.
Someone call a whambulance. The liberal echo chamber is no more!
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

You are so silly. People like XJ and Bubba are far from liberals. On top of that, there have been very conservative voices posting on here since long before I joined the forum years ago. Moose, Highwaystar, and MadHatter are as far right as you are and were posting here long before you showed up.

My issue is not opposing view points. My issue is that the far right voices here aren't giving me any real perspective or intelligent discussion. It's just repeating trite phrases and platitudes heard somewhere else with no actual analysis. For examples of real discussion, dig back into some of the discussions between Moose and XJ. That kind of hashing out the issues rarely happens here anymore.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Aug 10th, '21, 09:28 Fauci called the Sturgis rally a super spreader event while ignoring the Obama party.

Fauci is just another political hack who, with the help of the CDC, have completely botched the science and the messaging.

How long before RINO governor Scott calls for travel restrictions to VT ?
It's been two weeks or so since Sturgis so were there any implications? Here's what things looked like on August 12 ... low levels of infection.

Since the above? Infections are up ~600%.

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Now do the recent concert in NYC, or Martha's vineyard
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote: Aug 26th, '21, 09:05 Now do the recent concert in NYC, or Martha's vineyard
Don't forget lollapalooza. It's perfectly ok as long as it happens in a democrat state.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

daytripper wrote: Aug 26th, '21, 09:29
throbster wrote: Aug 26th, '21, 09:05 Now do the recent concert in NYC, or Martha's vineyard
Don't forget lollapalooza. It's perfectly ok as long as it happens in a democrat state.
So you guys agree mass gatherings during a pandemic lead to more COVID spread?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 26th, '21, 09:37
Well duh, my point is the hypocrisy of politicians.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

daytripper wrote: Aug 26th, '21, 09:45
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 26th, '21, 09:37
Well duh, my point is the hypocrisy of politicians.
Is it though?

You couldn't get into Lollapalooza w/out being vaccinated or showing a neg test. Same with Obama's birthday party. Same with NYC Homecoming concert.

Sturgis required neither a vaccine nor a negative test.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Posted in the main thread as well - but saw on social media that Pickle Barrel will require proof of vax or negative test for entry. I think we will start to see more of this as time goes on.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Low Rider wrote: Aug 28th, '21, 08:14 Posted in the main thread as well - but saw on social media that Pickle Barrel will require proof of vax or negative test for entry. I think we will start to see more of this as time goes on.
seeing similar at a few theater / show venues in Massachusetts here as well. Agree, this will become commonplace.
Don't Killington Pico