Paris

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Paris

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Bubba wrote: Nobody assimilates in most of Europe. If you're from Morocco living in France, you're still Moroccan. You're never French. Same in most of Europe. It's been a problem for generations and will continue to be a problem. America is the land of immigrants and immigrants pretty much assimilate over several generations. Muslims, for the most part, do the same.

Are there immigrants who don't assimilate? Sure. My great aunt and uncle came here from eastern Europe, lived in Detroit for 40 years, never learned English and moved to Israel in the 1950s. They never became citizens and stayed part of a like-minded community that lived the same way.

Are there Muslims who come here without any intention of assimilating and think that their way is the only way? Yep. Are they the majority? I doubt it. Like any other immigrant group, they come looking for a better life than they had previously. Are there some who have trouble as immigrants and do a very few become radicalized in some way? Yep. Are there some leaders who teach extreme views? Yep. Should we shut our doors to all because of these potential issues? No. Is it irrational, bigoted, racist, whatever, to ask questions about how we can limit any potential issues? It would be insane if we didn't.
While people who move to Europe or the US and other areas may not assimilate, in many countries in Europe and especially Asia expect and require you to speak their language. Unlike the US they do not offer signs, instructions and other written things in multiple languages. Of course, since the US speaks English and was the largest market to do business in, most countries also speak English.
You haven't been to Asia lately have you?
Been a few years, but if you wish to live in Japan you at least USED to be required to learn Japanese.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

From the Washington Post

What Americans thought of Jewish refugees on the eve of World War II

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ld-war-ii/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Recruitment for the hearts and minds of potential new MoFo's finally taking a web hit.
ISIS brides apparently resorting to killing 'fellow dogs' in Paris suburbs.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/620 ... c.outbrain
Allez Anonymous !

Continue hunting them down and relegate them to an asterisk :like
...and Think Snow :idea:
Forever .. Goat Path
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

So according to our secretary of state the attacks at Charlie Hedbo were legitimized, oh wait after realizing what he said he changed it to rationalized. Really. Yes if you believe in Sharia Law . The infidels are not innocents.

Then our illustrious CIC in a childish mocking tone asks of those opposed to taking Syrian refugees in to the US 'oh are you afraid of widows and 3 year olds. As of last night in Paris a women was ready to carry out additional attacks adorned with a bomb vest. Afraid?? we should be very afraid.

And if you have a concern about the enemy infiltrating these refugees then you are labelled a bigot and a racist.

And any justification to compare to earlier immigration of any nationality is erroneous. We were not at war with those countries at that time. Any one who does not believe we are in a struggle to preserve our way of life has their head buried in the sand.

And how much money are we to spend on these refugees while in this country while women and children are abused and receive very little funding, returning vets receive very little assistance, homeless live in every city. What about them !!!!!

Whose side is the Administration on? Maybe we should have known when Obama was elected when the now first lady stated it was the first time she was proud to be an American. Well as of today I have more respect for the French president then I do of my own. And to think at one time I refused to drink Grey Goose! How the hell did we get here?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

wanderer7453 wrote:So according to our secretary of state the attacks at Charlie Hedbo were legitimized, oh wait after realizing what he said he changed it to rationalized. Really. Yes if you believe in Sharia Law . The infidels are not innocents.

Then our illustrious CIC in a childish mocking tone asks of those opposed to taking Syrian refugees in to the US 'oh are you afraid of widows and 3 year olds. As of last night in Paris a women was ready to carry out additional attacks adorned with a bomb vest. Afraid?? we should be very afraid.

And if you have a concern about the enemy infiltrating these refugees then you are labelled a bigot and a racist.

And any justification to compare to earlier immigration of any nationality is erroneous. We were not at war with those countries at that time. Any one who does not believe we are in a struggle to preserve our way of life has their head buried in the sand.

And how much money are we to spend on these refugees while in this country while women and children are abused and receive very little funding, returning vets receive very little assistance, homeless live in every city. What about them !!!!!

Whose side is the Administration on? Maybe we should have known when Obama was elected when the now first lady stated it was the first time she was proud to be an American. Well as of today I have more respect for the French president then I do of my own. And to think at one time I refused to drink Grey Goose! How the hell did we get here?
by allowing this to continue unchecked and unabated :
And if you have a concern ... you are labelled a bigot and a racist.or whatever else...
its all in alinsky's manual...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

wanderer7453 wrote:So according to our secretary of state the attacks at Charlie Hedbo were legitimized, oh wait after realizing what he said he changed it to rationalized. Really. Yes if you believe in Sharia Law . The infidels are not innocents.

:like
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:From the Washington Post

What Americans thought of Jewish refugees on the eve of World War II

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ld-war-ii/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are the Syrian refugees being systematically targeted and killed and fleeing the middle east for asylum similar to the Jews in WWII?
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

wanderer7453 wrote: So according to our secretary of state the attacks at Charlie Hedbo were legitimized, oh wait after realizing what he said he changed it to rationalized. Really. Yes if you believe in Sharia Law . The infidels are not innocents.
The attack on Charlie Hezbo was qualitatively different than the recent attacks in Paris. The Hezbo attack was promoted as a direct response to an organization that publishes satirical cartoons regarding Islam – an insane cause and effect however tenuous and however irrational, but the average Parisian did not necessarily feel directly targeted. The recent attacks were specifically designed to hit everyone and anyone, regular folks going about their normal business. Again, that’s qualitatively different, even more frightening and virtually impossible to understand for regular folks not engaged in the complicated and bizarre dynamics of the Middle East.

Neither attack is justifiable, but Kerry was correct in pointing out the difference, regardless of the typical hyperbolic Faux spin.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Coydog wrote:
wanderer7453 wrote: So according to our secretary of state the attacks at Charlie Hedbo were legitimized, oh wait after realizing what he said he changed it to rationalized. Really. Yes if you believe in Sharia Law . The infidels are not innocents.
The attack on Charlie Hezbo was qualitatively different than the recent attacks in Paris. The Hezbo attack was promoted as a direct response to an organization that publishes satirical cartoons regarding Islam – an insane cause and effect however tenuous and however irrational, but the average Parisian did not necessarily feel directly targeted. The recent attacks were specifically designed to hit everyone and anyone, regular folks going about their normal business. Again, that’s qualitatively different, even more frightening and virtually impossible to understand for regular folks not engaged in the complicated and bizarre dynamics of the Middle East.

Neither attack is justifiable, but Kerry was correct in pointing out the difference, regardless of the typical hyperbolic Faux spin.
Killing people in a grocery store (Deli I believe) or shooting a police officer on the street doesn't make people feel directly involved?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

Coydog wrote:

Really. Killing of innocent people is killing of innocent people. Not matter what spin you care to put on it. Differentiating only promotes the conduct. And the reasoning used by Islamic Radicals is not differentiating but is the same. Infidels deserve to die. Period. We all need to wake up. Another bombing in Nigeria today.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

madhatter wrote:Image
That wasn't a terrorist attack. Work place violence.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

I think some clarity comes when you ask two questions:
What do we owe our children?
What do we owe the world?

What do we owe our children? Firstly we owe them a safe and prosperous life. Our ancestors gave it to us... we should pass it to our children. NOTHING matters more to me than that SINGLE factor. I would sacrifice all else for that. Anyone who has lost that idea is insane.

I also think we should pass on to our children a pride in their culture. American kids should be truly proud to be American. Many are not...because of the insanity called "modern education."

If you don't think you should be wildly proud to be American.... Please don't vote.

I know that there are things we should be ashamed of as Americans. That is true for ANY culture. There is a balance between things to be proud of(TTBPO) and things to be ashamed of(TTBAO). If you don't think our balance of TTBPO/TTBAO is not the best in the world.....congratulations! You have been successfully brainwashed!

American kids ought to be proud of their culture.

Every people, every nation, has a culture. Everywhere else but Europe & the USA we are told we should respect and celebrate the culture of each nation. Yay for Ghana!

For Europe and the USA we are told that are cultures are not worthy of celebration and that WE should embrace a "multicultural" model. Anyone proud of their American or European culture is attacked by progressives.

Why are WE held to this different standard?

What do we owe the world?

Only one thing....to allow them to live in their homeland the way we want to live in our own. PERIOD.

We do not owe them money, or food, or a visa...just a chance to live peacefully.
Ski the edges!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

steamboat1 wrote:
He was born in Virginia.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
He was born in Virginia.
guess I shoulda vetted that meme more carefully, hope no one died cuz of it...
mach es sehr schnell