Killington made a serious F&#K up on 365 pass billing.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Killington made a serious F&#K up on 365 pass billing.

Post by RustyK »

Mike just sent out a follow up email. Nice they are giving us a month free.

Greetings

I wanted to follow up personally in regards to the Beast 365 All-Seasons Pass billing issue we experienced earlier this week, and extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the staff here at Killington for the errors we made and the inconvenience and hardship we caused many of you. I recognize that what happened is not acceptable and I appreciate your patience as we continue to work through this.

At this time, all charges related to the Beast 365 All-Seasons Pass monthly payment which occurred on July 1st and 2nd have either been suspended, credited or are in the process of being credited. This includes the first, correct charge for July - the charge for this month is on us and you will not see any further charges until August 1st.

On July 1st, our system executed the July payment as expected but during the day and into the evening six additional charges per pass holder were executed at the adult monthly rate as a result of a mistake we made in the setup of the pass product within our system. If you did not receive all six additional charges it is because your bank declined one or more of the authorizations related to the additional charges. All authorized charges processed through the credit card processors and banks.

Our credit card processor is actively working on crediting these charges, including the original, correct charge. The amount of time it will take for you to see these charges reversed on your statement depends on the type of credit or debit card and the banks involved. They are working as quickly as possible to get these processed on our behalf.

Unfortunately, we failed to properly diagnose the cause of the extra charges on July 1 and as a result, five additional charges, again all at the adult monthly rate, were initiated on July 2 before we were able to terminate the process and stop authorizations. However, because we were aware of this second round of erroneous charges sooner, we were able to work with our credit card processors to interrupt the charges before settlement while they were still pending. Depending on the issuer of your credit card, the July 2nd charges may have already been removed. If they have not, they will be credited as soon as possible.

I know many of you have lost trust in our ability to accurately process automatic payments and we’re committed to doing what it takes to win that trust back, including providing this month’s access to the Beast 365 All-Seasons Pass at no charge. Additionally we’re prepared to cover any banking fees assessed to our customers as a result of our error. Please contact Ian MacLauchlan at imaclauchlan@killington.com or 802-422-6956 for assistance with reimbursement if needed.

Our team is working diligently behind the scenes to ensure this does not happen on future monthly payments or with other products we develop in the future. Lastly, I want to reiterate that this was an internal problem with the setup in our system - your data has not been exposed. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Mike Solimano
President & General Manager
msolimano@killington.com
802-422-6203
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RustyK wrote:Mike just sent out a follow up email. Nice they are giving us a month free.

Greetings

I wanted to follow up personally in regards to the Beast 365 All-Seasons Pass billing issue we experienced earlier this week, and extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the staff here at Killington for the errors we made and the inconvenience and hardship we caused many of you. I recognize that what happened is not acceptable and I appreciate your patience as we continue to work through this.

At this time, all charges related to the Beast 365 All-Seasons Pass monthly payment which occurred on July 1st and 2nd have either been suspended, credited or are in the process of being credited. This includes the first, correct charge for July - the charge for this month is on us and you will not see any further charges until August 1st.

On July 1st, our system executed the July payment as expected but during the day and into the evening six additional charges per pass holder were executed at the adult monthly rate as a result of a mistake we made in the setup of the pass product within our system. If you did not receive all six additional charges it is because your bank declined one or more of the authorizations related to the additional charges. All authorized charges processed through the credit card processors and banks.

Our credit card processor is actively working on crediting these charges, including the original, correct charge. The amount of time it will take for you to see these charges reversed on your statement depends on the type of credit or debit card and the banks involved. They are working as quickly as possible to get these processed on our behalf.

Unfortunately, we failed to properly diagnose the cause of the extra charges on July 1 and as a result, five additional charges, again all at the adult monthly rate, were initiated on July 2 before we were able to terminate the process and stop authorizations. However, because we were aware of this second round of erroneous charges sooner, we were able to work with our credit card processors to interrupt the charges before settlement while they were still pending. Depending on the issuer of your credit card, the July 2nd charges may have already been removed. If they have not, they will be credited as soon as possible.

I know many of you have lost trust in our ability to accurately process automatic payments and we’re committed to doing what it takes to win that trust back, including providing this month’s access to the Beast 365 All-Seasons Pass at no charge. Additionally we’re prepared to cover any banking fees assessed to our customers as a result of our error. Please contact Ian MacLauchlan at imaclauchlan@killington.com or 802-422-6956 for assistance with reimbursement if needed.

Our team is working diligently behind the scenes to ensure this does not happen on future monthly payments or with other products we develop in the future. Lastly, I want to reiterate that this was an internal problem with the setup in our system - your data has not been exposed. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Mike Solimano
msolimano@killington.com
802-422-6203
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

madhatter wrote:
RustyK wrote:Mike just sent out a follow up email. Nice they are giving us a month free.

Greetings

Mike Solimano
msolimano@killington.com
802-422-6203

It was nice to hear the man at the top. Fair resolution. :Toast
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Glad I didn't rant - figured he'd do that - thanks Mike!
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Stand up response regarding the free month and willingness to cover any expenses...
madhatter wrote:

Greetings

Mike Solimano
msolimano@killington.com
802-422-6203
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I was hoping for a free cup of hot chocolate.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Bubba wrote:Seems to me that anyone whose card got charged more than once should get the month for free. Hitting someone up multiple times demands more than a simple "we're sorry for the inconvenience".
Great idea. :wink: Seriously, it's the right thing to do and Mike deserves a lot of credit for the personal approach.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Bubba wrote:Seems to me that anyone whose card got charged more than once should get the month for free. Hitting someone up multiple times demands more than a simple "we're sorry for the inconvenience".
Great idea. :wink: Seriously, it's the right thing to do and Mike deserves a lot of credit for the personal approach.
in reality absolutely NOTHING of consequence "happened" to us...we were billed and credited prior to any CC billing date...I'll take the free month of course but simply correcting the error and explaining/apologizing in a a timely manner would have been enough for me...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skilab »

Nice resolution and nice touch. To be clear this was a incident that had a major impact on many families whose checking accounts were woued out and have had no money for days. No money for food, gas, bills, etc...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

skilab wrote:Nice resolution and nice touch. To be clear this was a incident that had a major impact on many families whose checking accounts were woued out and have had no money for days. No money for food, gas, bills, etc...
understood...just one more reason to never allow direct withdrawal from your account...
mach es sehr schnell

ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

I still have no refund to the account they hit. Lip service doesn't replace stolen funds. I consider the money stolen at this point. If I had my money back today I might let this go. A free month would have been fair. Holding 1100 plus hostage for a week plus is B.S. :bull
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

How much interest is Killington making having all this money for a week and counting now?
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

madhatter wrote:]in reality absolutely NOTHING of consequence "happened" to us...we were billed and credited prior to any CC billing date...I'll take the free month of course but simply correcting the error and explaining/apologizing in a a timely manner would have been enough for me...
Except for the people who didn't have use of their money during a holiday week... :roll:
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
madhatter wrote:]in reality absolutely NOTHING of consequence "happened" to us...we were billed and credited prior to any CC billing date...I'll take the free month of course but simply correcting the error and explaining/apologizing in a a timely manner would have been enough for me...
Except for the people who didn't have use of their money during a holiday week... :roll:
that didn't happen to us...we were billed and credited prior to any CC billing date.
mach es sehr schnell

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:How much interest is Killington making having all this money for a week and counting now?
Usually it's the CC processing company that is the bottleneck.

It would be them not K who would get any benefit from this if K has already done the refund.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.