When is VT Opening

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: When is VT Opening

Post by hillbangin »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:After 9/11 we totally transformed our country, spent trillions, sacrificed freedoms, etc. Military members and their families scarified their lives and/or livelihoods. The average American, however, didn't have to do anything. Now folks are being asked to do something, make a sacrifice for the benefit of others, but they can't/won't do it.

I don't know how you drape an American flag around yourself and scream about patriotism, but won't endure weeks / months of hardship. What happened to pulling yourself up by your bootstrap, living within your means, saving for a rainy day?

It's great we live in a country where, despite the above, folks can still protest without being disturbed. Sucks that some of these folks will infect each other or innocent bystanders like police officers and children.
Big sacrifice sitting in your house and getting a check to watch Netflix.

Comparing that to people going to war is the stupidest thing I've read on this board. Not to mention a huge insult to those that serve.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

hillbangin wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:After 9/11 we totally transformed our country, spent trillions, sacrificed freedoms, etc. Military members and their families scarified their lives and/or livelihoods. The average American, however, didn't have to do anything. Now folks are being asked to do something, make a sacrifice for the benefit of others, but they can't/won't do it.

I don't know how you drape an American flag around yourself and scream about patriotism, but won't endure weeks / months of hardship. What happened to pulling yourself up by your bootstrap, living within your means, saving for a rainy day?

It's great we live in a country where, despite the above, folks can still protest without being disturbed. Sucks that some of these folks will infect each other or innocent bystanders like police officers and children.

Comparing that to people going to war is the stupidest thing I've read on this board. Not to mention a huge insult to those that serve.
That's exactly my point. There is no comparison. It's a simple sacrifice, but some refuse to do it.

It's was not my intent to insult any military members, past or present, and if I did I apologize.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
hillbangin wrote:

That's exactly my point. There is no comparison. It's a simple sacrifice, but some refuse to do it.

It's was not my intent to insult any military members, past or present, and if I did I apologize.
LOL.

Wait until you see where we are a month from now.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

easyrider16 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:New cases reported in VT yesterday: 10
New cases reported in VT today: 3
This makes one wonder if VT is one of those places that is going to get hit with a second wave when stay-at-home orders start getting lifted. I imagine in rural Vermont social distancing is highly effective with very few people coming into contact with one another. That's good, but also bad because that means most haven't been exposed and have no immunity. Contrast that with an area like Boston where even with strict stay at home orders, people are closer and simply can't avoid one another in the same way. We may have developed a fair amount of herd immunity by this time.

My question is, should rural areas like Vermont really be looking to reopen before more urban areas like Boston? Similar question for all those areas of the country that are relatively sparsely populated and aren't seeing a huge number of cases. It's easy for that situation to breed complacency - after all, very few are getting sick, so what's the big deal?

Most of those rural areas though, like Vermont, don't have the resources like Boston or NYC does to handle the influx of critical patients. Is that sense of complacency misplaced?

Here's an informative article on the subject:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 151957002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
so you are arguing both for and against herd immunity? as a means to further your idea that VT is opening too soon? :?c
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

I don't know how you drape an American flag around yourself and scream about patriotism, but won't endure weeks / months of hardship. many don't believe that simply "enduring hardship" is effective in and of itself...and many do not have the luxury of simply sitting home watching netflix... we were asked to shelter in place to help bend the curve...we've accomplished that... ( many pushed back when I suggested we voluntarily do self quarantine, and BTW you still can voluntarily shelter in place...even, forever if you wish)What happened to pulling yourself up by your bootstrap,ya mean going to work every day? living within your means,not everyone's means are as deep as yours...for many it's paycheck to paycheck...the longer this goes on the more they suffer... saving for a rainy day?not everyone can simply eat cake, marie...

while this might turn out to be the case there's no way you can definitely declare that...but just like the numbers you falsely attributed to a rally that only happened 4-5 days ago, you don't care about what actually happens...only what you can spin as something to support your perpetual TDS lunacy...

I'm not in support of any protests as I've said countless times...I am however in support of re-opening every business possible...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

On April 1st all of my construction projects started. Going balls to the wall. Paved last week. Performance paving of highways doesn't work with social distancing or trying to wear masks. Pavement comes off of the screed at over 300 degrees F. So some industries are considered disposable person industries, I guess. I also think myself and a few of my friends had this virus right after X-mass in the Killington area. Who knows what you can pick up from the Gondi. Second hand smoke/vape has made my day happier many times.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I'm pretty sure covid went around some of the Killington ski crowd in Jan-Feb. A friend of mine had serious covid-like symptoms in Jan and I had them about two weeks later. Knocked me on my ass. I also know of two people who were tested and diagnosed with covid and who were in Killington while contagious in Feb. They got it from traveling in Europe on a ski trip.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

biged wrote:I also think myself and a few of my friends had this virus right after X-mass in the Killington area. Who knows what you can pick up from the Gondi.
easyrider16 wrote:I'm pretty sure covid went around some of the Killington ski crowd in Jan-Feb. A friend of mine had serious covid-like symptoms in Jan and I had them about two weeks later. Knocked me on my ass.
Not a chance. It would have gone around Killington like wildfire and blown up in various cities right after. That did not happen. Bad colds go around Killington all the time.
easyrider16 wrote:I also know of two people who were tested and diagnosed with covid and who were in Killington while contagious in Feb. They got it from traveling in Europe on a ski trip.
This I can believe. Likely part of why they decided to shut down, if not specifically those cases. I heard about someone who was up in early march with it and out at a major bar, later diagnosed.

Coincidentally I started laying way low in January and didn't get any sort of spring cold this year, usually I get a cold in the fall and spring.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Immunity with this virus is being question after people who tested positive, then two negatives, are now testing positive again. I think this was in South Korea and China.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

biged wrote:On April 1st all of my construction projects started. Going balls to the wall. Paved last week. Performance paving of highways doesn't work with social distancing or trying to wear masks. Pavement comes off of the screed at over 300 degrees F. So some industries are considered disposable person industries, I guess. I also think myself and a few of my friends had this virus right after X-mass in the Killington area. Who knows what you can pick up from the Gondi. Second hand smoke/vape has made my day happier many times.
What state are you working in?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Big Bob wrote:Immunity with this virus is being question after people who tested positive, then two negatives, are now testing positive again. I think this was in South Korea and China.
SK.

Also be wary of the reports of Antibody testing. Very few of the antibody tests are actually CDC and FDA reviewed.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... sting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/eme ... 2#serology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like there are people out there doing antibody tests for types of the common cold (general coronavirus). Some reports have been claiming that large portions of the population have had it based on antibody tests.

https://news.yahoo.com/chaos-reigns-wit ... 07881.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

Highway Star wrote:
Big Bob wrote:Immunity with this virus is being question after people who tested positive, then two negatives, are now testing positive again. I think this was in South Korea and China.
SK.

Also be wary of the reports of Antibody testing. Very few of the antibody tests are actually CDC and FDA reviewed.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... sting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/eme ... 2#serology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like there are people out there doing antibody tests for types of the common cold (general coronavirus). Some reports have been claiming that large portions of the population have had it based on antibody tests.

https://news.yahoo.com/chaos-reigns-wit ... 07881.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of the simple facts that seems to be lost on the masses during this time of paranoia/hysteria, is that the reality is it's not so easy, or quick, or maybe even realistic, to be able to develop a RELIABLE antibody test, and then scale it's production, distribution and processing capability, to the tune of probably well over a BILLION testing kits needed (figuring that in theory everyone in just the US will likely need to be tested 2-3 times, and for some individuals even more) in a time frame of roughly 2 months, all the while the pandemic they're trying to develop the antibody test for is actively ongoing.

Sometimes the fictitious world of television and/or movies about global pandemics that we've likely all seen before, has the capability to blur the lines in our own heads about how the fictitious halting of a pandemic happens verses what society is actually capable of.
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DrJeff wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
SK.

One of the simple facts that seems to be lost on the masses during this time of paranoia/hysteria, is that the reality is it's not so easy, or quick, or maybe even realistic, to be able to develop a RELIABLE antibody test, and then scale it's production, distribution and processing capability, to the tune of probably well over a BILLION testing kits needed (figuring that in theory everyone in just the US will likely need to be tested 2-3 times, and for some individuals even more) in a time frame of roughly 2 months, all the while the pandemic they're trying to develop the antibody test for is actively ongoing.

Sometimes the fictitious world of television and/or movies about global pandemics that we've likely all seen before, has the capability to blur the lines in our own heads about how the fictitious halting of a pandemic happens verses what society is actually capable of.
you are correct... and of course it's almost as if ever day the pandemic response team is reading Kzone and responding to the hysterical claims of the ( barely) useful idiot class...

in reality we know that the ( barely) useful idiot class takes their marching orders from the MSM and that the pandemic response team unfortunately has to spend a good amount of its time and resources correcting the MSM's intentionally false " interpretations" of what was said the day before...

last night birx went in depth about exactly what you just posted as well as who would be getting what kind of test, why, where and when....
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

pent up demand?
Tozier’s 2020 ( opening day may 1)

We Live – We Learn – We Grow

Hello Tozier’s Community –

We decided to close for the remainder of this weekend. Yesterday we surpassed any window business in 16 years x 3! Thank you!! We knew we would be busy but had no idea we would be that busy. Due to volume we ran out of food.

We realize we need to pause and allow space and time to re-group and develop a plan that works best for our business model. Our goal is always to provide the best customer service. In order to do that we need this time to continue to brainstorm procedures that will be most efficient for you and our operation.

The sincerest thank you for the support we received yesterday, and always. It encourages us to know we live in a community that fosters graciousness and understanding.

We will be back – We will be better – We will see you on Thursday, May 7, 2020

the economy will be just fine despite some gov's best efforts to squelch it...
mach es sehr schnell