Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
brownman
Postinator

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by brownman »

Will never vote for Gary Johnson again .. eh :oops:
.. though that vote didn't cause the disaster we've seen these last 4 years.

Looks to many that we could see a landslide emerging :like
Right after 1/20, there will be comprehensive action to defeat the pandemic.

Ludicrous running these town halls concurrently tonite. :dislike

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I fear even if Trump is defeated in 2016 resoundingly, what will he do during his lame duck period? He could do some pretty nasty things, and we know how vindictive he is.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

brownman wrote:Will never vote for Gary Johnson again .. eh :oops:

Living in a deep blue state, I also voted for Johnson in ‘16 as a protest vote.

This time around, NJ is probably even darker blue, but I still felt my Dem vote was an important contribution to the pending popular vote avalanche against the covidiot in chief.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

spanky wrote: Oct 15th, '20, 10:39
brownman wrote:Will never vote for Gary Johnson again .. eh :oops:

Living in a deep blue state, I also voted for Johnson in ‘16 as a protest vote.

This time around, NJ is probably even darker blue, but I still felt my Dem vote was an important contribution to the pending popular vote avalanche against the covidiot in chief.
Those of us that voted for Johnson in PA back in 2016 basically handed Trump the W.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Ben Sasse goes savage on Trump. Ben Sasse!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... t-n1243701
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I think the truth is, most of these Republican politicians never liked Trump and have only supported him because his polling among constituents was so strong. Now that his stock is sinking leading in to this election, they are starting to turn on him. If he pulls off the upset victory, though, they'll likely all fall back into line.
WeekendWarrior
Beginner On Rentals

Post by WeekendWarrior »

I wish to have a president who understands he's not president of only red states or only blue states or only the president of people who like him or only the president of people who tell him he's handsome...

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/16/92449729 ... ldfire-aid
WeekendWarrior
Beginner On Rentals

Post by WeekendWarrior »

I also wish to have a president who's not an idiot.

"Pool note from @tamarakeithNPR, covering the president today: "Note that the first event in Ft. Myers with the theme of keeping senior citizens safe will be a large indoor gathering."
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

" .. might leave the country if i lose .. " says Magoo last nite :roll:
.. admitting he's afraid of getting spanked AND signaling that he is a flight risk from prosecution :lol:

86 45

Forever .. Goat Path
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Anyone else catch Fauci's interview? Absolutely devestating indictment of Trump's handling of coronavirus, from admissions that the White House was muzzling the NIH to the clear disregard of the administration in following basic safety protocols like wearing masks. It was even more damning for the fact that Fauci wasn't trying to crap on the administration, but rather came across as just trying to answer questions honestly.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

New York Post Published Hunter Biden Report Amid Newsroom Doubts
Some reporters withheld their bylines and questioned the credibility of an article that made the tabloid’s front page on Wednesday.

Katie Robertson
By Katie Robertson
Oct. 18, 2020

The New York Post’s front-page article about Hunter Biden on Wednesday was written mostly by a staff reporter who refused to put his name on it, two Post employees said.

Bruce Golding, a reporter at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid since 2007, did not allow his byline to be used because he had concerns over the article’s credibility, the two Post employees said, speaking on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

Coming late in a heated presidential campaign, the article suggested that Joseph R. Biden Jr. had used his position to enrich his son Hunter when he was vice president. The Post based the story on photos and documents the paper said it had taken from the hard drive of a laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden.

Many Post staff members questioned whether the paper had done enough to verify the authenticity of the hard drive’s contents, said five people with knowledge of the tabloid’s inner workings. Staff members also had concerns about the reliability of its sources and its timing, the people said.

The article named two sources: Stephen K. Bannon, the former adviser to President Trump now facing federal fraud charges, who was said to have made the paper aware of the hard drive last month; and Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, who was said to have given the paper “a copy” of the hard drive on Oct. 11.

Mr. Giuliani said he chose The Post because “either nobody else would take it, or if they took it, they would spend all the time they could to try to contradict it before they put it out.”

Top editors met on Oct. 11 to discuss how to use the material provided by Mr. Giuliani. The group included the tabloid veteran Colin Allan, known as Col; Stephen Lynch, The Post’s editor in chief; and Michelle Gotthelf, the digital editor in chief, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting. Mr. Allan, who was The Post’s editor in chief from 2001 to 2016 and returned last year as an adviser, urged his colleagues to move quickly, the person said.

As deadline approached, editors pressed staff members to add their bylines to the story — and at least one aside from Mr. Golding refused, two Post journalists said. A Post spokeswoman had no comment on how the article was written or edited.

Headlined “BIDEN SECRET E-MAILS,” the article appeared Wednesday with two bylines: Emma-Jo Morris, a deputy politics editor who joined the paper after four years at the Murdoch-owned Fox News, and Gabrielle Fonrouge, a Post reporter since 2014.

Ms. Morris did not have a bylined article in The Post before Wednesday, a search of its website showed. She arrived at the tabloid in April after working as an associate producer on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show, according to her LinkedIn profile. Her Instagram account, which was set to private on Wednesday, included photos of her posing with the former Trump administration members Mr. Bannon and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, as well as Roger J. Stone Jr., a friend and former campaign adviser to Mr. Trump. (In July, the president commuted the sentence of Mr. Stone on seven felonies.)

Ms. Fonrouge had little to do with the reporting or writing of the article, said three people with knowledge of how it was prepared. She learned that her byline was on the story only after it was published, the people said.

The article relied on documents purportedly taken from the hard drive to suggest that the elder Mr. Biden, as vice president, had directed American foreign policy in Ukraine to benefit his son, a former board member of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company.

The article also suggested that the elder Mr. Biden had met with a Burisma adviser, Vadym Pozharskyi. On Wednesday, a Biden campaign spokesman said that Mr. Biden’s official schedules showed no meeting between the former vice president and the adviser. Last month, two Republican-led Senate committees investigating the matter said they had found no evidence of wrongdoing by the former vice president.

“The senior editors at The Post made the decision to publish the Biden files after several days’ hard work established its merit,” Mr. Allan said in an email.

The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal have reported that they could not independently verify the data in the Post article, which included hedging language, referring at one point to an email “allegedly sent” to Hunter Biden.

“The story was vetted and The Post stands by its reporting,” a Post spokeswoman said in a statement.

Kenneth P. Vogel contributed reporting.

Katie Robertson is a media reporter. She previously worked as an editor and reporter at Bloomberg and News Corporation Australia. Email: katie.robertson@nytimes.com @katie_robertson

A version of this article appears in print on Oct. 19, 2020, Section B, Page 1 of the New York edition with the headline: Post Staff Questioned Report on Biden. Order Reprints | Today’s Paper | Subscribe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Even Trump’s fictional stories involve quid pro quo.
WeekendWarrior
Beginner On Rentals

Post by WeekendWarrior »

spanky wrote: Oct 14th, '20, 22:24 Gov. Charlie Baker says he can’t support President Trump in the upcoming election

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/20 ... n-election
Larry Hogan won't support Trump either. But the coward threw away his vote by writing in "Ronald Reagan." :evil: