No gay gene.....no gay anti-discrimination law?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: No gay gene.....no gay anti-discrimination law?

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Where do we draw the line on protecting ones freedom to do what makes them feel nice?
You draw the line where one person's freedom impacts another's. So freedom of speech is protected right up until you use that freedom of speech to incite violence or yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Freedom of religion is protected until you decide your religion includes humans sacrifice. Etc.
Here’s a new example from today. A school in our community had a born male child that identifies as female change in the girls locker room. Parents of the born girls were not notified. When the parents learned of this and notified the school of their concerns, the school offered to accommodate the born females with their own dressing room.

This is where we’re going with this due to Title IX. I suppose if the parents don’t chose the aforementioned accommodation they’ll simply need to explain why someone with a penis is undressing infront of them and why that’s okay.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

First off, I think that's ridiculous. Second, I think people, particularly in this country, are way too hung up on gender-specific bathrooms and nudity in general. This sort of thing shouldn't be as big a deal as it is.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:First off, I think that's ridiculous. Second, I think people, particularly in this country, are way too hung up on gender-specific bathrooms and nudity in general. This sort of thing shouldn't be as big a deal as it is.
It is ridiculous, but their actions are aligned with Title IX and the Obama's administration guidance to schools on the same.
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

Kpdemello wrote:First off, I think that's ridiculous. Second, I think people, particularly in this country, are way too hung up on gender-specific bathrooms and nudity in general. This sort of thing shouldn't be as big a deal as it is.
You call it a "hang up" but most women don't want to be in a locker room/changing room and have the person next to them undress and to find out that they are a man regardless of whatever they think they might be at that moment. Not to mention their teenage daughter. Restroom aren't much different, especially multi-person restrooms.

So answer this. What countries have you been to where they have unisex bathrooms (not talking about the single bathroom in a small restaurant) or male/female changing rooms/locker rooms? Or better yet, what countries have you been to period? You seem very hip to the global thing.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Rez wrote:
You call it a "hang up" but most women don't want to be in a locker room/changing room and have the person next to them undress and to find out that they are a man regardless of whatever they think they might be at that moment. Not to mention their teenage daughter. Restroom aren't much different, especially multi-person restrooms.

So answer this. What countries have you been to where they have unisex bathrooms (not talking about the single bathroom in a small restaurant) or male/female changing rooms/locker rooms? Or better yet, what countries have you been to period? You seem very hip to the global thing.
When ladies’ room lines are too long, many women have no compunction about going into the mens’ room if it’s nearby. Women on European beaches go topless even with their families. Social mores evolve. Ours will too.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

There are unisex bathrooms right here in the usa dude.... i couldn't care less about anyone complaining about this bathroom nonsense. It's childish. And I mean that for all sides.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Highway Star wrote:Interesting.
Your mom says gay runs in the family..
Apparently - you are proof positive..