Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by easyrider16 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 1st, '23, 06:40 Trump captured on tape talking about classified document he kept after leaving the White House
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/31/politics ... index.html
Federal prosecutors have obtained an audio recording of a summer 2021 meeting in which former President Donald Trump acknowledges he held onto a classified Pentagon document about a potential attack on Iran, multiple sources told CNN, undercutting his argument that he declassified everything.

The recording indicates Trump understood he retained classified material after leaving the White House, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation. On the recording, Trump’s comments suggest he would like to share the information but he’s aware of limitations on his ability post-presidency to declassify records, two of the sources said.
I think anyone who believed Trump's claim that he declassified everything is incredibly naive. The much more compelling argument is that while President, Trump had the authority to do whatever he wanted with classified information, including storing it in an unsecured location (even though that shows incredibly poor judgment).

I think the criminal act in this case came after Trump left office. He still had these classified documents, was asked to return them, then lied to authorities and claimed he did not have them. That's where the crime is. For that to stick they need proof that he knowingly retained documents after being asked to return them. The above recording could be good evidence on that issue, especially if his defense claims that the failure to return the documents was some kind of oversight.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Honestly, I don't think Trump did anything nefarious with the documents. He's too stupid for that. He kept these things like a child to show off to his friends like show and tell at school. He's that immature and needs his ego stroked daily.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The scary thing for me is this: don't you think foreign intelligence services spent years trying to get people on the Mar-a-lago staff? Trump used the place as his Camp David and while I'm sure some security precautions were taken while he was in office, it's pretty clear from the reporting that after he got out, his Mar-a-lago office, where he kept these documents, was woefully unsecure. I think it's highly likely that whatever classified documents he kept were quickly compromised. I mean he had a whistleblower on his staff tell the FBI about them - do you honestly think that was the only leak?

There's no question that politicians in general have been too cavalier with classified information. But it seems to me that there's a big difference between what Trump did here and what Clinton did with her email server or Biden did with his stuff. In those cases the classified information was at least kept under lock and key, though perhaps not as securely as it should have been. What Trump did goes beyond negligence or even carelessness - it was intentional and reckless, and clearly his staff had access.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: Jun 1st, '23, 08:36 Honestly, I don't think Trump did anything nefarious with the documents. He's too stupid for that. He kept these things like a child to show off to his friends like show and tell at school. He's that immature and needs his ego stroked daily.
So you think he's guilty of unknowingly engaging in espionage? :lol:
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Pretty much
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

DHS…. ER……get a room already
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jun 1st, '23, 12:27 DHS…. ER……get a room already
Kind of an ironic statement considering your forum name.

Here's an idea: stop wasting your time making childish remarks while hiding behind an anonymous forum account and go do something productive instead, like getting an education.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 1st, '23, 14:11
Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jun 1st, '23, 12:27 DHS…. ER……get a room already
Kind of an ironic statement considering your forum name.

Here's an idea: stop wasting your time making childish remarks while hiding behind an anonymous forum account and go do something productive instead, like getting an education.
With that being said (…,surprisingly Cliff Notes like)….why not rename your blathering self “Purple Prose”…and should you really feel inclined to do a diploma version of “who’s is bigger”?…. I’m all in. FYI…. You’ll likely lose.blather on, oh Pompous One….
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Uh huh, your impeccable punctuation and grammar really screams well-educated :lol:

A diploma version of "who's is bigger?" How juvenile. But, if you really are well-educated, I think maybe it didn't work, and you should ask for your money back. :banana:
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 29th, '22, 17:11 No surprise

Money is more important to Trump than 9/11 victims

Every one of these people involved in the LIV golf league are total scumbags

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eries.html

Conservatives would lose their minds if Obama did something similar
So is every golfer in the PGA and Liv (basically all professional golfers) total scumbags now?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

What is the context of your question?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

deadheadskier wrote: Jun 6th, '23, 12:19 What is the context of your question?
PGA Tour agrees to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV Golf
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/06/pga-tou ... -golf.html

$02 ... PGA Tour policy board should reject the deal.

Also, Corporations have no integrity because their sole existence is to make money. PGA looks silly now after preaching loyalty convincing golfers not to take 8 and 9 figure deals w/ LIV because of who was paying (Saudi's). Everyone has a price.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Then I would say that the PGA and it's members are all scumbags for wanting to partner with LIV. American companies should not be partnering with state terrorist organizations such as Saudi Arabia.

Yes, I recognize that SA is a strategic defense and trade partner. I don't support that either.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

deadheadskier wrote: Jun 6th, '23, 13:24Yes, I recognize that SA is a strategic defense and trade partner. I don't support that either.
Saudi needs us more than we need them. Moving away from Saudi might be hard in the short-term, but longer term we will be better off for it. Look how Germany is doing now that they've moved away from Russia.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

deadheadskier wrote: Jun 6th, '23, 13:24 Then I would say that the PGA and it's members are all scumbags for wanting to partner with LIV. American companies should not be partnering with state terrorist organizations such as Saudi Arabia.

Yes, I recognize that SA is a strategic defense and trade partner. I don't support that either.
I don't think the players got a vote, it was the PGAs decision to merge. I guess they could quit the tour but it is how they earn a living. I can't really blame the players for the tours hypocrisy.