Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by easyrider16 »

This is one reason why Trump has trouble finding lawyers:
Attorney Lin Wood, who filed legal challenges seeking to overturn Donald Trump's 2020 election loss, is relinquishing his law license, electing to retire from practicing rather than face possible disbarment. Multiple states have weighed disciplining him for pushing Trump's false claims that he defeated Joe Biden.

On Tuesday, Wood asked officials in his home state of Georgia to “retire” his law license in light of “disciplinary proceedings pending against me.” In the request, made in a letter and posted on his Telegram account, Wood acknowledges that he is “prohibited from practicing law in this State and in any other state or jurisdiction and that I may not reapply for admission.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1dsVfQ
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The evidence against Trump in the documents case already seemed pretty damning, but I just read this:
On Wednesday, a federal magistrate judge unsealed a slightly less redacted version of the affidavit that ultimately allowed the FBI to search Trump’s Florida estate on Aug. 8 last year. One previously redacted sentence about material found at the property read: “Multiple documents also contained what appears to be FPOTUS’s handwritten notes.”
Kinda hard to claim you didn't know about the super-secret docs if your handwriting is on them. Also makes the "these docs were planted!" defense a bit harder to believe.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1dFGkk
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

If you haven't heard, Trump's legal team just asked for the trial in the documents case to be indefinitely postponed, or at least until after the election in 2024. Anyone with any experience in Federal Court will tell you that kind of continuance is unheard of. It's not unusual to get a continuance or even several depending on the case, but asking in one shot to delay a case indefinitely or at least for 1.5 years? That's wild.

Seems to me this must have been done at Trump's behest, and it appears to be a misstep. It would be much more reasonable to ask for a bunch of continuances over time, coming up with some justification for each one. Asking for one giant continuance comes across as unreasonable. Judge Cannon will probably get pissed off because even if she wants to help Trump, allowing this motion would make her look like a total crony. My guess is she'll allow another continuance but not an indefinite postponement.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/11/11869265 ... ents-trial
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Pretty obvious his play here is to make it to and win the election then have his appointed DOJ throw out the case.

Never been a bigger scumbag in politics. I don't wish death upon anyone, but the world will be a better place when that Ahole dies.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 12th, '23, 06:03 If you haven't heard, Trump's legal team just asked for the trial in the documents case to be indefinitely postponed, or at least until after the election in 2024. Anyone with any experience in Federal Court will tell you that kind of continuance is unheard of. It's not unusual to get a continuance or even several depending on the case, but asking in one shot to delay a case indefinitely or at least for 1.5 years? That's wild.

Seems to me this must have been done at Trump's behest, and it appears to be a misstep. It would be much more reasonable to ask for a bunch of continuances over time, coming up with some justification for each one. Asking for one giant continuance comes across as unreasonable. Judge Cannon will probably get pissed off because even if she wants to help Trump, allowing this motion would make her look like a total crony. My guess is she'll allow another continuance but not an indefinite postponement.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/11/11869265 ... ents-trial
Best part?…..watching your poetic thoughts on the matter…… ad nauseum…..at 6am. Fact: DJT owns you…..
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 12th, '23, 06:55 Pretty obvious his play here is to make it to and win the election then have his appointed DOJ throw out the case.

Never been a bigger scumbag in politics. I don't wish death upon anyone, but the world will be a better place when that Ahole dies.
He wouldn't even have to win. If one of his Republican opponents like DeSantis got in, they would order the DOJ to drop the case. I also see this delay attempt as a sign of desperation. His only hope is to delay the case until after the election. I don't think he has a viable defense, and there's a real chance of prison time if he's convicted.

I don't hope he dies. What I most wish would happen is for him to be exposed to all of those who ever voted for or supported him for what he really is - a charlatan.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 12th, '23, 08:51What I most wish would happen is for him to be exposed to all of those who ever voted for or supported him for what he really is - a charlatan.
He's already been exposed ... makes no difference. There are plenty of logical / smart folks, here and elsewhere, that will hold their nose and still vote Trump. In their view, it's better to have a wannabe Authoritarian that puts America at great risk / harm as POTUS than any Democrat ... democracy be damned.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jul 12th, '23, 09:12
easyrider16 wrote: Jul 12th, '23, 08:51What I most wish would happen is for him to be exposed to all of those who ever voted for or supported him for what he really is - a charlatan.
He's already been exposed ... makes no difference. There are plenty of logical / smart folks, here and elsewhere, that will hold their nose and still vote Trump. In their view, it's better to have a wannabe Authoritarian that puts America at great risk / harm as POTUS than any Democrat ... democracy be damned.
Correct. Doesn't matter what he does, the cultists will always stick with him
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I disagree. I know a lot of Trump supporters personally and you would be surprised how many intelligent people there are who think he's a decent person trying to do the right thing. They think all of his legal troubles are just politically-motivated bunk. Those are the people who need to see the light, and they are far more numerous than you think. The evidence is the polling data that Trump still leads the GOP by a wide margin, and the fact that his polling numbers went up after he was indicted.

And to Haywood, your attempted ad hominem seems misplaced, once again. I don't really see why it's abnormal to be talking about the leading GOP candidate in the upcoming presidential election or the unprecedented historic event of a former president being indicted. I think most intelligent people would see that as big news worthy of discussion.

Something I find particularly uncomfortable is that I think Trump has a pretty good shot at winning this nomination, and a fair shot at winning the general. I think he has a far better shot than most of you are giving him credit for.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 12th, '23, 11:42 I disagree. I know a lot of Trump supporters personally and you would be surprised how many intelligent people there are who think he's a decent person trying to do the right thing. They think all of his legal troubles are just politically-motivated bunk. Those are the people who need to see the light, and they are far more numerous than you think. The evidence is the polling data that Trump still leads the GOP by a wide margin, and the fact that his polling numbers went up after he was indicted.
Republicans that follow politics don't think Trump is a decent man trying to do the right thing because he hasn't been exposed. They don't think his legal troubles are just politically motivated garbage because he hasn't exposed. They can't see the light because they're part of the tribe and / or part of the cult of personality. They have built Trump into a false idol and attached part of their identity to the same. They have outright rejected knowledge to protect themselves.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Heywood = yiddle

Pretty obvious
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

It's true that they've built Trump up into this mythic figure that does not resemble reality. Perhaps I'm wording it poorly - what I really want is for those people to have their illusions shattered so they can see the reality. I don't have a lot of hope for it to actually happen, but what would constitute justice in my opinion is Trump being universally acknowledged as the fraud that he is.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

deadheadskier wrote: Jul 12th, '23, 12:47 Heywood = yiddle

Pretty obvious
DHS=…..Zoidberg!!!!
Attachments
8915A590-C84D-4257-860A-8E9BEBC986FB.jpeg
8915A590-C84D-4257-860A-8E9BEBC986FB.jpeg (78.36 KiB) Viewed 11062 times
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Is that the cream you use? You must need a lot of it with how irritated you get with people who are critical of your daddy Trump. So irritated that you feel compelled to make multiple handles to troll with. Sad, sad look Heywood