Please don't idle your cars Killington employees

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

throbster
Postaholic

Re: Please don't idle your cars Killington employees

Post by throbster »

Killyfan is a troll with possible gay tendencies. Shut 'er down.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

I have found this thread highly entertaining. Now I'm going to lode all of my recyclables into my 328 horsepower truck. Drop them off. And then go to the gym to push some iron. RACK IT!

Unfortunately the gym needs electricity, so not so hippy green.

The Dis, out.
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

throbster wrote:Killyfan is a troll with possible gay tendencies. Shut 'er down.
That's pretty funny. But again incorrect. Thanks for making me laugh out loud first thing in the morning - it's a great way to start any day. Great weather today - can't wait to hit the slopes!
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:I have found this thread highly entertaining. Now I'm going to lode all of my recyclables into my 328 horsepower truck. Drop them off. And then go to the gym to push some iron. RACK IT!

The Dis, out.
I buy, you fly... Gyms are a bunch of wasted effort. It'd be cool if the equipment produced electricity from human effort. Ride a bike, generate $3 of electricity with every ride. 20 days of riding pays your $60/month gym membership.
ImageImageImageImage
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Ok, enough already, we need the idling man's name so we can hunt him down for this dirty deed! :twisted: That filthy polluter!
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Stormchaser wrote:
Humpty Dumpty wrote:I have found this thread highly entertaining. Now I'm going to lode all of my recyclables into my 328 horsepower truck. Drop them off. And then go to the gym to push some iron. RACK IT!

The Dis, out.
I buy, you fly... Gyms are a bunch of wasted effort. It'd be cool if the equipment produced electricity from human effort. Ride a bike, generate $3 of electricity with every ride. 20 days of riding pays your $60/month gym membership.
That's a great idea. Rate your workout in kWh. Enough to charge your own iPhone. Dude, I juiced up and pressed mega watt this year!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Wikipedia (Human Power) wrote:"A trained cyclist can produce about 400 watts of mechanical power for an hour or more, but adults of good average fitness average between 50 and 150 watts for an hour of vigorous exercise. A healthy well-fed laborer over the course of an 8-hour work shift can sustain an average output of about 75 watts. The yield of electric power is decreased by the inefficiency of the human-powered generator, since all real generators will incur some losses during the energy conversion process."
So your looking at about a kilowatt, possibly two, per day. Worth about 25 cents. Still more than the value of the gas burned in couple of minutes of idling, though...
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

rogman wrote:
Wikipedia (Human Power) wrote:"A trained cyclist can produce about 400 watts of mechanical power for an hour or more, but adults of good average fitness average between 50 and 150 watts for an hour of vigorous exercise. A healthy well-fed laborer over the course of an 8-hour work shift can sustain an average output of about 75 watts. The yield of electric power is decreased by the inefficiency of the human-powered generator, since all real generators will incur some losses during the energy conversion process."
So your looking at about a kilowatt, possibly two, per day. Worth about 25 cents. Still more than the value of the gas burned in couple of minutes of idling, though...
I call a foul. It's not fair to bring logic into an emotional argument.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Whit is on the case. He will be hiding behind the ice machine at the market keeping an eye out for polluters...
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Post by GlacierBoy »

Alright, piling on on a slow Friday afternoon since discussion about skiing is pretty depressing in the East right now. So what do the resorts and their parent companies state publicly on the topic of sustainability? Let's back up this discussion with REAL facts, and not alternative facts.

Killington does describe their green initiatives very briefly:
http://www.killington.com/site/culture/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And hidden under "Story Ideas for the Media," Killington describes themselves as "THE GREENEST OVERALL RESORT IN VERMONT."
http://www.killington.com/company/media ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since 2008, Killington has offset 100% of our power with Renewable Energy Credits, the largest of any Vermont Resort. Our purchase of over 107 million kilowatt hours (kWh) of REC has eliminated 66,000+ tons of carbon dioxide emissions – the amount produced by 7,466 average homes.
Killington embraces Freeaire refrigeration with twelve walk-in coolers resort-wide, including those at the Peak Lodge, with more to come. This technology has cut resort CO2 emissions by 13.2 tons per year.
Killington chooses environmentally responsible paper, from towels to tissues to trail maps. This saves approximately 175,000 gallons of water, 75 cubic yards of landfill space, 102,000 kWh, 1,500 pounds of air pollutants, 9,500 gallons of fuel oil, and 424 trees each year.
Since launching a zero-sort recycling initiative with Casella in 2008, overall recycling has increased from less than 20 tons per year to well over 100 tons per season.

Win Smith and Sugarbush DO discuss their strong environmental initiatives. "Sugarbush Resort is committed to preserving and improving the natural environment in which it is located...."
http://www.sugarbush.com/discover/environment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okemo does not discuss their sustainability policy- https://www.okemo.com/about-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stowe (AKA Vail East) does not discuss sustainability on their Web site but publicly-traded Vail Resorts communicates a very detailed "Epic Promise:" "Vail Resorts operates in some of the world's greatest natural environments, so we feel compelled to care for and preserve them......"

http://www.epicpromise.com/environment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

killyfan wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Let me be perfectly clear killy. I am not a violent person. I reserve that for people that try to physically harm my self or my family. I'm fully aware of where I can and can't use deadly force. I do not believe in slashing tires or doing harm to another persons property. It's beneath me. Call me mental or ignorant all you like. You thought it wise to call out a K employee that makes your winter possible. Stirring the pot needlessly trying to get them in trouble. I get even. Within the bounds of what is lawful. Economically. You've given a wealth of information as to your identity in this thread. Enough to figure out who you are. Don't be worried. I'm not going to waste my time and make a project out of you. You took your personal environmental concerns and tried to harm a person. Next time you want to rant about the environment use the proper forum. Don't single people out and make it personal. Keep this rant up in the way you are and we'll have a problem. I vote with my wallet. Be a shame if you end up on the umenjoyment line because I lost respect. What's fair is fair.
My god you are a ridiculous human being!

First: Please learn how to spell and use proper punctuation. (Or at least use spell check.)

Second: That K employee absolutely does NOT make my winter possible, nor anyone else's.

Third: Please refer to my previous post where I specifically said all I was hoping for with all of this was for the powers to be at K to send a friendly reminder around to ALL of the employees to help live up to the GREEN motto of our resort. Once again, I was not trying to get anyone in trouble, reprimanded, or fired.

Fourth: I have given absolutely no clues as to my identity nor as to my place of employment. If you think you know, you're wrong.

Fifth: Your wallet's lack of presence at any one business will not make a difference to that business's net profits. Who the F do you think you are? I can guarantee you that the loss of one customer will not matter. Have at it buddy, and good luck with that tactic.
I'm sorry killy. You use a low power mac book. You're so much better than I am. Yes I can be ridiculous and full on relentless. I have the resources to back it up. As to who the "F" am I? You'll never know until its too late. Its ok for you to call people out and jeopardize their income. Does your employer know you're on this site spewing your rhetoric ? I don't think so. Maybe its time for them to find out. I'd be upset like you if I rode a seatless bike and only wiped with one square of toilet paper a day. It's understandable why you're such a POS. Go lay down and be quiet meow. 2nd and final warning.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Admins, I think this should be shut down as the rhetoric is becoming a bit to personal and dangerous.

BTW, in ref to idle times, catch the delivery vehicles at each lodge. They NEVER shut down their engines while making deliveries at K or anywhere else.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

You can't ask for a thread to be locked and then add to it. :-)
This thread needs more passion. :twisted: :barebutt:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Never fear! It is only a pathetic message board pissing match one of many. Fun to watch!