Last Season For the Bear Mt Mogul Challenge

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

mondeo
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Last Season For the Bear Mt Mogul Challenge

Post by mondeo »

RustyK wrote:Image

After they killed the party, they killed the event.

It's too bad. Looked forward to it every year.

Will there be a band this year?
That's one short, flat course.

A few crappy bands on the deck. But there will be pros competing, as in some of the top Canadians, possibly Digravio, and a few others. Long hardpack course, should be lots of carnage. No cop presence. Competition should good.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

mondeo wrote:
RustyK wrote:Image

After they killed the party, they killed the event.

It's too bad. Looked forward to it every year.

Will there be a band this year?
That's one short, flat course.

A few crappy bands on the deck. But there will be pros competing, as in some of the top Canadians, possibly Digravio, and a few others. Long hardpack course, should be lots of carnage. No cop presence. Competition should good.
There is NO course right now - was mowed down last night . . . how do you know it will be "long harpack" . . . seems to me it will be soft now that it is being re-formed . . .

Oh, by the way, skiing was freakin' awesome today . . . :seeya
mondeo
Blue Chatterbox

Post by mondeo »

MrsG wrote:There is NO course right now - was mowed down last night . . . how do you know it will be "long harpack" . . . seems to me it will be soft now that it is being re-formed . . .

It's going to be hardpack because it's not going to be warm and there isn't going to be significant snowfall. I'm hoping for snow turning over to r*in at around noon. New courses are not soft, but at least it won't be the rutted, walled out disaster that the existing course had gotten to be by yesterday. It's going to be long because there's an A meet the day before - 200m course instead of 150m.

Course is going to end about where it shows in that picture, but middle of the hill with 5 lanes.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

mondeo wrote:
MrsG wrote:There is NO course right now - was mowed down last night . . . how do you know it will be "long harpack" . . . seems to me it will be soft now that it is being re-formed . . .

It's going to be hardpack because it's not going to be warm and there isn't going to be significant snowfall. I'm hoping for snow turning over to r*in at around noon. New courses are not soft, but at least it won't be the rutted, walled out disaster that the existing course had gotten to be by yesterday. It's going to be long because there's an A meet the day before - 200m course instead of 150m.

Course is going to end about where it shows in that picture, but middle of the hill with 5 lanes.

Why would you EVER hope for ra*n ?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
mondeo
Blue Chatterbox

Post by mondeo »

SnoBrdr wrote:
mondeo wrote:

Because my qual run is going to be some time around 1. A switchover at noon should have the course skiing quite well for me. I'd rather have a high of 36 and sunny, but given the forecast, that's the only way I'm going to have a soft course with it hardpack for everyone before me and rutted soon after.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

mondeo wrote:

New course begins after Space Walk, and the hill for the shed is about 100 feet above where Wildfire meets OL at the bottom . . .

Oh, by the way, skiing was freakin' awesome AGAIN today . . . :seeya
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

Post by tellitlikeitis »

SnoBrdr wrote:
mondeo wrote:

because knucklehead, r*in would result in a more desireable surface to ski bumps on... not that you would know anything about that ... wait im wrong , you would know something about bump courses... you would know about slipping down them and ruining them on your silly board, you dope.. go ride at stratton and leave the real skiers alone.

Mrs G... a new course made out of churned up ice chips , which is what this will be unless they get some r*in as mondeo astutely points out, would be harder, not softer....the lack of mogul skiing knowledge on this site is astounding :roll:
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

tellitlikeitis wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
mondeo wrote:

because knucklehead, r*in would result in a more desireable surface to ski bumps on... not that you would know anything about that ... wait im wrong , you would know something about bump courses... you would know about slipping down them and ruining them on your silly board, you dope.. go ride at stratton and leave the real skiers alone.

Mrs G... a new course made out of churned up ice chips , which is what this will be unless they get some r*in as mondeo astutely points out, would be harder, not softer....the lack of mogul skiing knowledge on this site is astounding :roll:
Guess you are on your period or you are just an ahole.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

No need for either or, he could be both. :-)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

As for the original post, and a few others this fine day, April 1st is on FRIDAY. You should hold all other speculative guesses and inside information until that time. Thanks you very Much.

Uninformed mushroom out!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

SnoBrdr wrote:
tellitlikeitis wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
mondeo wrote:

Guess you are on your period or you are just an ahole.
Course gets finished tomorrow seeded or skied in as well as the jumps built. three lines. It will be minty tomorrow afternoon. Thursday is ussa A training, Friday an A meet.
tellitlikeitis and mondeo i can expect that yall be there for course slip too, right?
Attachments
ol (Large) (Medium).JPG
ol (Large) (Medium).JPG (55.25 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
mondeo
Blue Chatterbox

Post by mondeo »

ozzy wrote:Course gets finished tomorrow seeded or skied in as well as the jumps built. three lines. It will be minty tomorrow afternoon. Thursday is ussa A training, Friday an A meet.
tellitlikeitis and mondeo i can expect that yall be there for course slip too, right?
Gotta work, be up Friday afternoon. Hoping it will be open for a couple hours after the A meet. If not, I'll ski the 7" of fresh in the trees.
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

Post by tellitlikeitis »

indeed... the kids are getting a snow day from school to watch papa :banana: ... we will be up thursday night...I ll b on the hill by 930 doing the right thing and slipping...black and yellow predators..stop by and say hi.... maybe my buddy Geoff the mogul hater will stop by and say hi :roll: ... I 'd say the same for the jersey jerk , but we all know he doesn't ski, never mind ski bumps :barebutt:
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Would it even matter for the majority of the people if they did cancel it?
Don't Killington Pico
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I would think that an event such as the BMMC being canceled would be a big deal to alot of people at Killington and beyond. If it wasn't important it wouldn't have lasted 31 years...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs