haditha

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
2knees
Poster Child Poster

haditha

Post by 2knees »

this is what happens when misguided american policy is put into play. It is our My Lai. it is our burden. f*** you idiots who think this is a war worth fighting. f*** you assholes who blame the marines who may or may not have pulled the trigger. f*** you to all you so called americans who can not see the whole picture. Our so called leaders sent children into a no win situation AGAIN. WTF assholes. wakeup. it's time to change our course.
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

The first rant of the day may be the best!

Well said...
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Um....thanks?
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

No.... This is what happens when you let your teenage sons f*** with the Corps and then hide them in your basements and outhouses.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: haditha

2knees wrote:this is what happens when misguided american policy is put into play. It is our My Lai. it is our burden. f*** you idiots who think this is a war worth fighting. f*** you assholes who blame the marines who may or may not have pulled the trigger. f*** you to all you so called americans who can not see the whole picture. Our so called leaders sent children into a no win situation AGAIN. WTF assholes. wakeup. it's time to change our course.
How can this be our My Lai when you even state that our "Marines who may or may not have pulled the trigger"?

Also, it's interesting to note the criticism directed at Conservatives that state people who don't support the war are Un-Patriotic, yet you can state that Americans who support the war are "so-called Americans". Double standard?

Change our course to......what?

I personally find it pretty poor that you are comparing the deaths of 100's of Vietnamese civilians in a confirmed case of murder ... to an unconfirmed incident in which 24 civilians were shot.
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

There's lot's of Iraqis that believe we kill and torture innocent civilians every damn day..

This kind of thing - weather it's true or not - does not get our troops home sooner...
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC Freeride wrote:There's lot's of Iraqis that believe we kill and torture innocent civilians every damn day..

This kind of thing - weather it's true or not - does not get our troops home sooner...
I agree, but these soldiers should not be subjected or compared to the same type of soldiers involved in the My Lai massacre. Innocent until proven guilty.
Two U.S. military boards are investigating the incident as potentially the gravest violation of the law of war by U.S. forces in the three-year-old conflict in Iraq. The U.S. military ordered the probes after Time magazine presented military officials in Baghdad this year with the findings of its own investigation, based on accounts of survivors and on a videotape shot by an Iraqi journalism student at Haditha's hospital and inside victims' houses.
Until the report is out that these soldiers actually committed these atrocities, give em a break, ok murtha?
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
2knees wrote:this is what happens when misguided american policy is put into play. It is our My Lai. it is our burden. f*** you idiots who think this is a war worth fighting. f*** you assholes who blame the marines who may or may not have pulled the trigger. f*** you to all you so called americans who can not see the whole picture. Our so called leaders sent children into a no win situation AGAIN. WTF assholes. wakeup. it's time to change our course.
How can this be our My Lai when you even state that our "Marines who may or may not have pulled the trigger"?

Also, it's interesting to note the criticism directed at Conservatives that state people who don't support the war are Un-Patriotic, yet you can state that Americans who support the war are "so-called Americans". Double standard?

I personally find it pretty poor that you are comparing the deaths of 100's of Vietnamese civilians in a confirmed case of murder ... to an unconfirmed incident in which 24 civilians were shot.
i dont give a rats ass what you think. It was a rant. i needed to blow off steam. Yes, my lai and haditha are relatively similar. I chose to use the term may or may not have simply because it isnt a closed case which you so eloquently reiterated for me in your smarmy response. Innocent until proven guilty. whatever, argue the minutiae all you want. i'm sick of the sh*t and im sick of our soldiers bearing the brunt of it.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

2knees wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

i dont give a rats ass what you think. It was a rant. i needed to blow off steam. Yes, my lai and haditha are relatively similar. I chose to use the term may or may not have simply because it isnt a closed case which you so eloquently reiterated for me in your smarmy response. Innocent until proven guilty. whatever, argue the minutiae all you want. i'm sick of the sh*t and im sick of our soldiers bearing the brunt of it.
If you don't care, don't respond. I do care, I know if I was in that group of Marines and I know I didn't kill anyone, it would really hurt me to hear people calling me a murderer and comparing me to one of the biggest atrocities in our time. We don't even know these Marines stories, an investigation isn't even finished. That's unfair to those soldiers.

My Lai and Haditha are not similar at all. We don't even know if the Marines actually did anything wrong. Until it's confirmed that Haditha was a massacre, there is no comparrison to make.

Your statement is very contradictory. You state that the case is still open, but then state you don't care while blaming this incident on soldiers as if they've already been convicted.
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

The dude's just pissed off...

many of us are...
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

fine you disagree with my comparison to this event and the one in vietnam. whatever, that was hardly my misguided point to begin with. my point is that i'm sick of the carnage being wrought by our actions. I disagreed with this war from day one. i havent flip flopped like so many others. it disgusts me to hear anyone disparage the marines involved when the blame should be placed squarely at the feet of the men who sent them into this never ending quagmire. the bigger picture. Who has the right to question the actions of our soldiers who are faced with never ending threats, faceless enemies and phantom battle lines. there is NOTHING about this war that is in black and white and it is our men and women who are being asked to do the impossible. do they crack? i would think so. look at how many are being sent back even after being diagnosed with psychological issues.

and cut the conservative/liberal sh*t.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

DMC Freeride wrote:The dude's just pissed off...

many of us are...
XJ never knows when to shut the fu¢k up. "If I were a Marine I would be hurt..." Give me a break dude.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

yeti wrote:No.... This is what happens when you let your teenage sons f*** with the Corps and then hide them in your basements and outhouses.
More like what happens when you put Marines in a no-win situation for too damn long.

Even if the Marines stand trial and are convicted they probably won't be punished too severely. Calley only got 3 years or so of house arrest for
My Lai and something like 20 times more people were killed.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

2knees wrote:fine you disagree with my comparison to this event and the one in vietnam. whatever, that was hardly my misguided point to begin with. my point is that i'm sick of the carnage being wrought by our actions. I disagreed with this war from day one. i havent flip flopped like so many others. it disgusts me to hear anyone disparage the marines involved when the blame should be placed squarely at the feet of the men who sent them into this never ending quagmire. the bigger picture. Who has the right to question the actions of our soldiers who are faced with never ending threats, faceless enemies and phantom battle lines. there is NOTHING about this war that is in black and white and it is our men and women who are being asked to do the impossible. do they crack? i would think so. look at how many are being sent back even after being diagnosed with psychological issues.

It disgusts you to hear anyone disparage the Marines, but you've done it in your initial post.

Of course I should cut the conservative/liberal crap, because now you've made the same statement that you criticize conservatives for making and you don't like that I've pointed it out.

The hypocrisy in your posts today is stunning.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
2knees wrote:fine you disagree with my comparison to this event and the one in vietnam. whatever, that was hardly my misguided point to begin with. my point is that i'm sick of the carnage being wrought by our actions. I disagreed with this war from day one. i havent flip flopped like so many others. it disgusts me to hear anyone disparage the marines involved when the blame should be placed squarely at the feet of the men who sent them into this never ending quagmire. the bigger picture. Who has the right to question the actions of our soldiers who are faced with never ending threats, faceless enemies and phantom battle lines. there is NOTHING about this war that is in black and white and it is our men and women who are being asked to do the impossible. do they crack? i would think so. look at how many are being sent back even after being diagnosed with psychological issues.

It disgusts you to hear anyone disparage the Marines, but you've done it in your initial post.

Of course I should cut the conservative/liberal crap, because now you've made the same statement that you criticize conservatives for making and you don't like that I've pointed it out.

The hypocrisy in your posts today is stunning.
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:29 pm Post subject: haditha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is what happens when misguided american policy is put into play. It is our My Lai. it is our burden. f*** you idiots who think this is a war worth fighting. f*** you assholes who blame the marines who may or may not have pulled the trigger. f*** you to all you so called americans who can not see the whole picture. Our so called leaders sent children into a no win situation AGAIN. WTF assholes. wakeup. it's time to change our course

Here is my original post. please point out where i threw any of our soldiers under the bus.

conservative bashing? i am pissed at "liberals" who want the marines head on a stick. god damn i hate pigeonholing sh*t like you so easily do. My world is not black and white. left and right. conservative liberal. republican democrat. you seem to have a never ending need to fit everything neatly into a little box and label it.